All reviews moroccan wines sand dunes the owner unique experience moroccan sahara comfort room mini suite berber food camel ride stayed nights draa valley southern morocco milky way wonderful place fritz astronomer patrick
Reviewed 18 January 2018

I loved this place. Star-gazing with Pratick is amazing. He takes you to a whole trip of knowledge, imerging in the secrets of the universe.
The decoration is amazing and we were very well recieved. I hope to return again.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
fritzko_11, Owner at Stargazing Hotel Sahara Sky, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2018

thank you for this honest & true review Fritz G. Koring & Patte

Reviewed 24 July 2017

I recommend the Stargazing Hotel Sahara Sky absolutely. Every night of our trip I was up on the roof with the enthusiastic Patrick the Astronomer, whose boundless wonder and enthusiasm for what we were seeing was beyond infectious. Patrick is a natural storyteller, and can tell those stories in many languages. Hopefully I can return to this part of the world again, and when I do, I will stay here and enjoy the telescopes on the roof with wonder.

The stargazing is five-star. The hotel, particularly in the cold of January, is two-star. If I could split the difference and give this 3 1/2 stars I would. If you come in winter, be prepared to sleep, as I did, in a winter-weight sleeping bag in your room, even though the heat is on. The first day, the shower was ice cold too. However, after investigation the hotel staff rectified that, so at least we could have a hot shower in our frigid quarters.

Frankly I enjoyed the casual bar service and rather disconnected service staff, but I'm not sure all would. Dinner was decent each evening, if repetitive. (I believe I ate tagine six times in a row those first days in Morocco).

Fritz the hotel owner recommended and arranged excellent trips for us during the day, and was friendly and helpful. Staying in this part of Morocco, and looking at the planets and stars in a desert sky unpolluted by electric light, was a peak experience. Stargazing Sahara Sky is recommended!

Just if it's winter, be sure to be prepared!

Room Tip: If you come in winter, ask them to turn on the heat several days before you arrive.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank mlfranklin
Reviewed 15 July 2017

Already the road from Marrakech over the Atlas mountains and through the Draa Valley is a unique experience ! Then we arrrived at the first sanddune of the Moroccan Sahara with the Stargazing Hotel SanaraSky in front of it. In plain nature and no neighbors in sight.
We had an excellent reception by Patrick the professional astronomer on site.
With the new GPS telescopes we stayed all night enjoying stargazing as we never could at home.
Spacious room, good simple Berber food and the best Moroccan wine we had during our trip, made our stay very special. Sure we will be back to this unpolluted region and the comfort of SaharaSky.

Room Tip: 1st floor towards the dunes
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank kyoko s
fritzko_11, Owner at Stargazing Hotel Sahara Sky, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2017

We also enjoyed your company.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

It was my second visit to SaharaSky and I was again impressed by the black Sahara sky and a Milky Way as I found it nowhere in the world.
Patrick, the hotel astronomer stayed up with us all night as a very special service.
The hotel is placed next to the sand-dunes of Tinfou and we really enjoyed
the camel ride into sunset.
A spacious comfort room and even a licensed bar with Morocco,s best wines surprised us again in this remote desert region1
Service was excellent day and night.
No luxury but unexpected comfort with a friendly staff and owner.

Room Tip: comfort rooms with view over Sahara dunes are best choice
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 June 2017

The best place to view the night sky., astrophotography & relaxation .

We had a great time ! , a wonderful place to stargazing and relaxation , it's a paradis for astrophotography , the equipement it's very nice and pro

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends