Review Highlights
A must do

One of the best parts of my trip to Morocco. Guides are wonderful and accommodating. The dunes are... read more

Reviewed 25 July 2017
Janetcal
via mobile
An unforgettabale tour with a wonderful guide

Reviewed 24 April 2017
MohammedMUK

All reviews accommodation culture berber driver tent night trip desert morocco
Reviewed 24 April 2017

My wife was so glad I overruled her "resort holiday" in Morocco suggestion. With three young daughters in tow (ages 2, 4 and 6), we weren't sure what to expect. Based on some really great reviews, we chose Farah Tour. They aren't a fancy outfit but will look after you like their own. We spent a night and day in Fes and were picked up by our driver, Aziz, for an epic drive to Merzouga. We were warned of motion sickness etc but to be honest, Aziz is an exceptional driver and we really didn't tire much in the journey. The road did end eventually and we were in 4x4 territory in Merzouga but that's part of the experience. The poor guy had to endure the constant air-conditioning though and by the end of the trip had developed a cold - but never complained.

I don't know about others but I'm not really into running commentaries of places I visit. We like exploring first hand and our guide gave us enough space to do this. From the choice of accommodation to the many excursions/stops, everything was designed to impress and impress it did. The tour was very culturally immersive from staying at a lovely Auberge (Auberge Sandfisch) in the desert to spending a night in a tent deep in the desert. We learned a lot about Morocco, the Berber and Arabic cultures, the vibrant colours we saw everywhere.

The only suggestion I'd have for fellow travellers would be to ask for a very detailed itinerary. This was our first tour and we didn't really delve into the details including accommodation etc. However, Farah Tour exceeded our expectations and we were left flabbergasted as to what we considered a budget tour could give us.

My girls loved the desert. If you have children and want to see them express total freedom, you could do much worse than spend a night and day in the desert. Food-wise, you may struggle if you're a vegetarian but if you're a carnivore, you're in for a treat. I tried so-called Moroccan food here in the UK and didn't think much of it. In Morocco however, it's on another level. Wow!

3  Thank MohammedMUK
Reviewed 26 January 2016

We had an exclusive tour for 3D2N and it was super nice. The night in the saharan desert was definitely the pinnacle of our trip, when we get to enjoy the tranquility of starry skies without any light pollution. The tagine they prepared in the Saharan tent was delightfully great! I wouldn't expect such luxury in the middle of the desert. The road trip was very nice and we get to hear a lot of local insights and stories from the driver, who were very nice and friendly in hosting us throughout the tour. All in all, it was a great choice and decision to enjoy Morocco.

2  Thank fadhilaeldischa
Reviewed 2 January 2016

I went to the Mezouga desert day trip, we went there in a group of 8 people accompanied by 2 guides. The guides were very kind and showed us lovely hospitality. After dinner, sitting by the fire, Midi, one of the guides shared with us his culture, language, life experiences, stories and even a few jokes. The best thing is that none of us were reaching for our phones searching for internet connection or wifi (we did not have the choice anyway, of course there was no connection in the middle of the desert!), it is something very rare to experience these days. We enjoyed every moment of the quality time.
Beautiful sceneries, good food, a sky full of stars and wonderful people. What more could you ask for during a night in the desert. It was an amazing experience! Thank you Farah tour!

4  Thank Amelia K
Reviewed 24 December 2015

Love the hotels and a night at sahara desert! My first time spending a night at a desert and it was soon fun!! Nice tour guide too :) Gonna come back to morocco next time!

1  Thank Anggraini H
Reviewed 24 December 2015

This was the best trip ever!!! The whole trip was beyond amazing. The night in the Sahara was the best night of my life. Met the nicest Berber named Midi who told us berber stories, language, culture and a lot about the desert. Everything was beautiful, can't move on from Morocco, Thank you Farah Tour!

1  Thank Canny C