“A very happy camper”

Mohaventura - Day Tours
Ranked #20 of 153 Tours in Merzouga
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Mohaventura organize trips to Morocco and holiday packages that suit your needs. It include cultural visits, camel rides, 4x4 tours in the desert, trekking in the Sahara desert and Atlas mountains.
Reviewed 16 November 2012

Just wanted to say on top of my review for Moha's lovely hostel Auberge Le Petit Prince that he arranged for my 2 nights camel trip in Erg Chebbi. Moha is extremely helpful and very friendly. Even before I booked the trip with him he happily helped me with my itinerary and suggested a route for me even though I'm not booking the inter city travel through him. He also didn't ask for a deposit even though I would have been happy to do it. He reply very quickly to my emails and queries and on the night that I arrived, after 12 hours bus trip from Marrakech, he had someone waiting for me at the bus station right on time and brought me back to the hostel and served me dinner and helped me get my bus ticket to Fes. Everyone there were friendly and the food was great. Very happy with my camel trip and camp too. My camel guide Hmad (I think that's how I should spell his name though I kept calling him Ahmed due to my ignorance) was funny. It was an amazing experience and Moha even let me used a room and the bathroom to rest and shower before my night bus to Fes after the camel trip. Everyone in the hostel made sure someone walked me to the bus station even though I assured them that I could manage on my own. Highly recommend him to anyone who wants to book a stress free trip/tour.

3  Thank lufchic

Reviewed 15 November 2012

I've already saw a lot of this planet, but for Mohaventura you WILL want to go here!!! I went for the first time to stay with the wonderful people at Mohaventura. We arrived in the early morning by night bus in Merzouga. A staff member waited for us at the bus station and brought us to the lovely auberge where we had a room to relax and have a little sleep before we headed into the desert by camel in the late afternoon. We spend 2 nights in the desert and the scenery there is absolutely breathtaking. The following day after breakfast we went by camel into the black desert where we had tea with the nomads. Achmed, our guide, was really fantastic and pointed us on things we didnt even saw. The food was the best I had in Morocco! After the second night in the desert we went back to the auberge where we stayed another night. We saw a lot of people arriving in Merzouga in the afternoon for going into the desert for one night and after breakfast travelling to their next destination. I recoomend to stay at least 2 nights in the desert to feel the atmosphere and the spirit. Its such a wonderful place to stay and you won't regret it. A massive thanks to Mohammed and his staff!

3  Thank SanneBaan1982
Reviewed 16 October 2012

Spending some days in Merzouga in company of (good) friends and the guidance of Moha has been one of the best travelling experiences I have had so far.
Thanks to Moha's welcoming we felt comfortable with the place from the very first moment and it just got better and better as days went by.
We had a wonderful trip to the desert, were we camped for one night under a sky full of stars.
Moha was great at showing us around in Merzouga and surroundings (Taouz, the lake, Rissani..). It is wonderful to be guided by someone who is willing to share with you his culture and history and with whom you can have really interesting conversations.
I highly recomend every one to contact Moha. He can also organize and guide around the country, if only we had known before....

1  Thank thenameIwant
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Had a great time with Mohaventura in June, lovely people we were well looked after and had an ubelievable night in the desert. Very personal we were the only 5 on the trip, good price too. If you are going to the Sahara go with Mohaventura!!! ps there is a loo in the desert ;)

3  Thank johamma
See more reviews
Reviewed 15 December 2011

My husband and I had the best time on our two-night camel trek booked via email through Mohaventura. Moha was professional and prompt with his communication and organized all of the logistics for our trip to a T. Hassan and Ahmed, our guides, were so much fun and showed us genuine Moroccan hospitality from start to finish. Not only were they informative - they also were amazing cooks (catering to our vegetarian diet) and musicians.The dunes were stunning, the stars spectacular and the sunsets breathtaking. We loved the intimate feeling of our camp, which allowed for a more authentic experience. If you are planning on doing a camel trek, sign up through Mohaventura, he won't let you down!

2  Thank annaliseo