All reviews rooftop terrace mint tea bread call to prayer light sleeper lots of character rooms are small top floor blue city two nights a wonderful stay beautiful town quaint hotel lovely riad chefchaouen medina your luggage breakfast was delicious
Reviewed 13 April 2012

This is a great place to stay . Loved the hospitality and friendliness of the lady. Begonia is very helpful too.
We had to leave very early around 6:30 , but still we were served a full course breakfast.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Loved Chefchaouen and loved this Hotel. The host(sorry I dont remember her name), was very very sweet and helpful. She was so full of information for us which made our trip much easier. It had this beautiful terrace.

We were there for a night and had to leave early in the morning. She made sure we didnt miss the breakfast next day. She was up at 6.30 with the breakfast and she also arranged a car for us to leave.
The breakfast was good with awesome orange juice and a wonderful Marmalade. The rooms were okay. The bathroom was very neat, but our room somehow had that moist smell of wood. I will difinitely go back to this place if I ever visit Chaouen.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paynam
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Begonia is extremely helpful, her english is excellent, she loves to chat and share hints of how to see & taste the best of Chaouen has to offer.
After busing and ferrying etc for 8 hours, it was great to arrive here. It was very hot & swapped to a room with air con which wasnt a problem. Our intention was to stay 3 nights but extended to 5 cause it was so pleasant & convenient here.
Room was very clean, spacious, quiet ** & very tastefully decorated with local furniture, linens, paintings & knick knacks everywhere.
Breakfast was modest as part of the room charge.
Try to catch washing day on Saturdays - amazing watching the women and children washing everything from clothes to rugs and hanging it on anything possible like trees or on roof.
** Call to prayer almost seemed like it was in our room but then again the sounds echoed in and around the mountains.
Only negatives - towels were a little rough,scratchy although generous in size and breakfast could vary on an extended stay.
Will always think if our stay here one of the most memorable out of our whole 3 weeks in Morocco,

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WessandCorinne
Reviewed 24 February 2012

During our 2 week trip across Morocco, we stayed at 8 different properties and the Spanish hosts from this one was the most hospitable. We literally felt we were visiting someone's home. We stayed in Room #3 for 2 nights on the 2nd floor. When we arrived, we were shown all the available rooms and were allowed to pick which one we wanted. It would not take the prize for the best decorated room, but it certainly was cozy. At 55 euros a night, what a steal!

We could not hear the morning prayer as some may have said they were bothered. The owners showed us a map of where to visit but there isn't a map provided. The medina is small. We did not get lost.

The view from the terrace is gorgeous.

Positives - the service! The location was in the middle of the medina. Very convenient. In the morning, we took a walk to the Spanish church. Free wifi but hard to catch on the 2nd floor as signal is weak. Breakfast is good. The first day we had these something similar to fried donuts. It was hot and yummy. The second day we were offered eggs. Before we left for Fes, we were given some oranges to take for our road trip. The oranges are sweet and yummy!

Negatives - for tall individuals, the door to the bathroom would probably not suit you. If you are over 6 feet, you have to remember to duck so as not to bump your head. There isn't much room for you to lay out your luggage and put out your things. Lacked an area to hang clothes also. I did have to ask to borrow a hair dryer.

Of all the cities we visited in Morocco, we liked Chefchaouen the best!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 January 2012

Begonia the owner is a wonderful friendly woman who likes to take good care of her guests as well be highly responsive to her needs. The day Mohammed, the taller slender guy is also a very respectful and helpful man. However the evening Mohammed is another story. We had Room 3, which has a really low bathroom ceiling and I banged my head quite badly. When I told Mohammed about it, he shrugged his shoulders and after I persisted about other accommodations, tried to sell me another room which was 60% more expensive than the one we had chosen, or offered me a much smaller room for the same price as the room that I had booked! He displayed a "take it or leave it attitude" which was not like the reviews that I had read about the B&B. It was just a one night's stay but the next morning, I managed to bang my head on the landing as well, which also had a very low ceiling

Room Tip: Avoid Room 3 or rooms at the first floor, i.e. the floor above the ground level
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends