I understand why all of the reviews say that it is a beautiful place... the water is clear, sands a golden white and calm atmosphere, however this was our least favorite place on our 3 week Borneo trip and the most expensive by a mile!
- The boat ride was cramped and bumpy... not recommended if you have back or neck problems.
- The arrival was long and tedious (we had to be briefed for over an hour before we were let into our room).
- The room it's self is ok... wooden and slightly dark with only one window and no door for the bathroom. The outside shower is a nice touch however. Chairs on the terrace to relax, however with no cushions was not comfortable.
- They are building 10 new luxury cabins over the water, so there is noise all day. As the island is very small (you can walk around it in less than 10 minutes) there is no where to get away from the construction noise.
- Meal times were noisy (lots of Chinese children grabbing at the food) so make sure you arrive early or nothing will be left.
- The snorkeling and diving. With the clarity of the water and abundance of sea life I was expecting world class diving and snorkeling but was really disappointed. Firstly after the expensive that you pay to stay here not ever the eye mask is included. Secondly the corals are damaged from people standing on them and the staff did not inform us well on where best to snorkel. Didn't see much on the dive apart from fish and corals.
- The main reason for the 1 star is the baby turtle release and egg laying. We were lucky enough whilst there to be able to see baby turtles being released and a mother turtle laying eggs. The staff told us to be quiet and not go into the water during this time, however when tourists followed the baby turtles into the water (almost standing on them), the staff did not say anything and shrugged when I expressed my concern. You can not call yourselves conservation when you are doing more harm than good!
- The entire place is very clean and tidy, with friendly staff. The dive staff in particular was very friendly and the equipment was in good order.
- Beautiful sunsets, lovely stars, stunning water.
- Almost certain that you will see sea turtles.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.