1,726 results
All reviewssri nelayan restaurantmain restaurantbeach bardeluxe chaletdive centrefishrengis islandmain gatetekek villagedinner buffetsmall islandwater activitiescoral islandbeautiful beachmonitor lizardsbeach frontmarine life
Reviewed 4 April 2018

My family and I checked in at the resort on 26 March 2018.When I stepped foot at the lobby,I was amazed with the fantastic scenery.Furthermore,there were also a welcome drink for us to drink.For me,the resort needs a lot of improvement by firstly,in switching on the lights to the main lobby from our room that is near the Sri Nelayan restaurant.The games room look empty without anyone taking care of it.I hope one day when I return there,there will be at least one of your staff taking care of the games room.Also,there were many stray cats there.It is not a problem for me but I hope your staff feed them as they were very hungry.I even smuggle food from my breakfast to feed the stray cats as I really pity them.

Room Tip: Beach view chalet
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
GMSonny, General Manager at Berjaya Tioman Resort - Malaysia, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Dear Hakim M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel very soon! For your kind information, we do have a cat shelter managed by our Resort's staffs where we feed and provide basic needs and medical attention for the sick animals by certified vets with the collaboration of PAWs. It is open to public and should you wished to visit the shelter during your next visit, please feel free to proceed to our Reception for arrangements.

Thank you.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Was there last weekend , great place considering places I've stayed with previously when at tioman . Cozy and clean rooms, great selection of food during their breakfast and dinner buffets. Was there scuba diving with cuddlefish divers, a good idea !

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Kee T,

Reviewed 2 April 2018

My family and I just returned from a week at the Berjaya Tioman. It was a very nice place to stay- no fancy frills, but clean, good breakfasts, a decent spa, and a good location. It was never crowded and seemed more than half empty most of the time. Our only frustration was with taxi service. We could not get through to one and when we called the front desk for help they refused to call one for us. That was problematic. We finally had our waitress call one for us! Other than that it was great.

Stayed: March 2018
2  Thank Kritter3333

Dear Kritter3333,

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Mixed feeling as we leave. The resort is set on a stunning beach, if you get good weather it is perfection and is well kept (rubbish collected by resort frequently). Gorgeous sunset from beach bar, and 30% off cocktails from 5 to 8pm.

However, the customer service from the moment we checked in till we left was really poor. The girls at the front desk were rude and dismissive, the waiters at the restaurant were unhelpful and it felt like avoided us and Kevyn Chan (grounds manager) was straight up rude on a number of occasions. Particulary when it came to some very reasonable questions we had about the ferry shuttle service the hotel offer that was going to be late (it was meant to leave at 130 for 230 ferry, but when it actually came to it, the shuttle actually was going to leave the hotel at 215pm!). Despite my concerns he told me, that the ferry wouldn't leave on time and leaving 15 minutes before scheduled departure was fine (even though the ferry service said be there an hour before. Kevyn Chan was so rude to me during this conversation that my friend approached to find out what was going on. After persisting, he arranged alternative transportation for myself and a huge group of other ferry goers and luckily too as the ferry did in fact leave on time and we made it because we insisted that they take us before 2pm.

The Thai restaurant at the resort is wonderful all round, but it is only available in the evenings. The staff there are friendly and helpful. During the day you have only the option to eat at their malay restaurant. Over the 5 days we tried a number of different items, none of which were good, mostly very greasy. The service at the restaurant was poor. It was hard to get waitors attention and I had to ask for things two to three times before anything would be done eg: ask for salt. The included breakfast is ok, it's a buffet, so you are likely to find something you like, but it's not comparable to other 4star breakfasts I've had. My eggs were undercooked, yoghurt was warm and they only had premade coffee pot coffee that tasted burnt. (No capaccino option even at extra cost). Honestly granulated coffee would have been a better option.

The snorkeling around the resort was lovely, we took trip b and it was great. However, the stop at the marine park was puzzling as it's ugly compared to the natural beauty of the other spots. We all got off and were unsure what to do. The water was dirty and no one in the group got in. Very strange.

Also when it rained at the resort there is literally nothing to do. The games room is a bit of a joke. Dark and no one manning it to be able to get the pool balls from. Also the music collection is from the early 90s (now that's what I call music 4 anyone?!)

Overall, however I may return some day for the beach, it's hard to find such untouched beauty in Malaysia these days. But do not expect four star hotel. The rooms while comfortable are not luxurious. The staff do not treat you particulary well (with the exception of the lady who runs the outdoors program, I didn't catch her name but she was wonderful; friendly and showed iniative). The food is not particularly good and expensive for what it is. I couldn't have gone with 5days of eating there and there aren't other options around.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank NomadicFootprints
GMSonny, General Manager at Berjaya Tioman Resort - Malaysia, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Ms Laura McCullough,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short. If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of. We were glad that you made it on time to catch the 2.30 ferry (which were late to depart at 2.50pm as per the port official records for that day) and rest assured that our personnel are being cautioned and will be re-train to handle such unforeseen circumstances. For your kind information, the delay of the shuttle busses are due to the arriving ferries for the day that are arriving the same time from both mainland ports and coincide with the departure timing from Tioman Island. We thank you for your patience during these unavoidable situation.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Book a holiday package for 2adults and 3 children aged 2-7 years old from MATTA fair 2017 inclusive of 3D2N stay at Berjaya Tioman Resort, breakfast and dinner, and snorkelling trip by resort. The package did not include extra bed for children.

Upon checked in, the staff told us that they gave us extra bed for children as complimentary. We felt so happy. The room was spacious, with 1 king bed and sofa with coffee table.

There are plenty of activities for guests, the swimming pools is suitable for young children and adults too. There are water slides for the children. Kids enjoyed it so much. Playground for kids is also well maintained. Gym also look

Cleanliness and facilities were well maintained. Food was okay. Note that the resort is located at one end of Tekek Village,Tioman. Transportation is limited. The location is far from the small town so it is better to just eat inside the resort, or you can opt to have lunch and dinner at 2 small seafood restaurant just located outside resort’s entrance; 1 owned by Malay owner the other is owned by a Chinese.

Overall, we truly enjoyed our stay here. Truly worth our money for purchasing their holiday package.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
GMSonny, General Manager at Berjaya Tioman Resort - Malaysia, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Dear Siti Norbahiyah,