All reviews kenny rogers located nearby pd waterfront within walking distance local channels premier suite ground floor booked this hotel private beach double bed hotel lobby short getaway sea view swimming pool supermarket hanger depth
Reviewed 6 October 2018

I visited over the long holidays so it was filled with to the brim. It was definitely understaffed but I understand it's the long holidays and there was so many people.

At the reception, the staff were friendly and it was easy enough. My family and I were lucky enough

The room was definitely spacious and comfortable. I really liked it. It was clean too.

The pool was quite big and I had fun in it.

The breakfast had limited choices and since they were understaffed, they didn't clear the table fast enough or refill the food fast enough. The food didn't taste particularly great nor was it terrible.

I love that it's close to the waterfront where there are shops like starbucks, kenny roasters & etc.
My family went out to the waterfront often to just take a walk by the waterfront. Totally love the breeze.

As for beach, there is only a small stretch of beach. If you are content with that, it'll be great. If you want more beach, then unfortunately, you will not satisfied at all. However, this is just a short getaway for my family. When we're at the small stretch of beach, there weren't much people. So my family and I had the whole small stretch of beach to ourselves which was nice to be honest.

Over all, I like that the building is new and clean. The surrounding area has food which is good. There's a small stretch of beach which may or may not be to your liking. The service was adequate as they were understaffed.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
D Wharf H, Front Office Manager at D’Wharf Hotel & Serviced Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from D'Wharf Hotel & Serviced Residence, Port Dickson!

Thank you for taking time and posting this review. Your feedback is important for us to analyses our overall service delivery standard and also to improve our product.

Rest assured that all positive feedback will be shared with the team for their encouragement, whereas simultaneously we will look into any constructive thoughts for potential improvement where possible.

Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 23 September 2018

Stayed at the Premier Suite. Spacious and bright. However, the bathroom was really small. No shower screen. After shower, the bathroom will be wet including the WC and basin. Upon arrival, the toilet was filthy. Treasures were still sticking under the WC cover. Kitchen sink was black and slimy. TV channels were limited and not clear.
The bed was comfortable and clean. No carpet, fully tiled floor but clean.
Must give credit to the chef, the food served at cafe was good. Price reasonable too. Shopping centres and fast food outlets walking distance from hotel.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
D Wharf H, Front Office Manager at D’Wharf Hotel & Serviced Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Greetings from D'Wharf Hotel & Serviced Residence, Port Dickson

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we greatly appreciate your time in sharing your constructive feedback with us. I have shared your feedback with our team who would continually seek ways to further enhance the stay experience of valued guests like yourself.

We looking forward on welcoming you again to our D’Wharf Hotel & Serviced Residence, Port Dickson and have a chance to serve you better.

Reviewed 16 September 2018

This is a relatively new property in PD. Most of the facilities are in good shape. It also has a lot of established eateries around it such as McDonalds and Starbucks within walking distance. There's also a supermarket across the street.

The breakfast is wonderful. There is sufficient options daily, with an option to eat outside the restaurant that provides a not that bad of a view of the sea.

It is built more like of a typical Malaysian condominium thus it does not give a feel of a hotel except for the lobby. The corridors are open to atmosphere and there's balcony for every room. It does not feel cooped up and do not require to exit the hotel for fresh air.

The swimming pool however is dirty and does not seem to have regular cleaning. Saw a staff dose chloride one night though.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
D Wharf H, Front Office Manager at D’Wharf Hotel & Serviced Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2018

Reviewed 13 September 2018

Overall stay was ok. Hotel is strategically located nearby the Waterfront and activities area. Many fast food outlets, restaurants, supermarkets and a mall is within walking distance.

Room are not cleaned well during our check in. Lots of ants in the room, when informed front office, they were not responsive about it. Called the reception and asked for the room to be cleaned thoroughly, only then the room was cleaned properly but amenities not replenished, asked for it over the phone but it never arrived till I had to ask for it and insisted to collect it from the Front Office staff personally. First night of our stay my kid vomited, informed the reception over the phone, instead of changing the pillow he vomited on, they just changed the casing only, we could still smell the vomit on the pillow. Lucky for us they give us 4 pillows each room.

During Breakfast the food and necessary utensils was not replenish on a timely manner long wait for F&B staffs to replenish, seem like a staffing is the main issue.

Stayed: September 2018
2  Thank SairaKD

Reviewed 3 September 2018

Room
I booked two rooms with connecting door on the sixth floor. The room is clean and comfortable, and with sea view. The beds are comfortable and all amenities work well.
However the toilet does not have assisted ventilation (no ventilation fan). The only hole in it is for air circulation is the small window. Therefore the toilet floor is wet all the time.

Breakfast
Breakfast is good, with wide food selections which cater for all taste buds and the foods are delicious. I like the nasi lemak, roti canai and the pastry with chocolate fillings.
However the area is crowded on a weekends and tables are cleared slow. This needs to be improved.

The high table settings in the breakfast room is not suitable for families with young children, and I suggest to change it to the usual height tables, so that more hotel guests can use it.

There was no hot milk or creamer available during breakfast. I like my morning coffee to be mixed with milk, but adding cold milk is just not suitable.

Swimming pool and beach
The swimming pools is big, clean and able to cater for everyone, which is good.
The private beach, even though quite small, is adequate to enjoy, both for swimming and for relaxing. The area is clean, well maintained, safe and have adequate facilities, such as playground for kids and lounging chairs.

Check in and check out were a breeze, no problem.
Parking is free, inside the hotel car park.
Yes, taking the second ramp to the parking area is a good way as it is nearer to the hotel lobby.
** Not many hotel guests knew about it.
** Thanks to other hotel reviewers who highlighted this in their reviews.

Eating places
There is a Malay/Thai/nasi campur restaurant just behind the hotel. I did not note the name, but this restaurant serves halal Muslim foods which is delicious and have reasonable price.
** the masak lemak cili api is too hot (spicy) for me though.

Location
The hotel location is great, with shopping places and various eateries to choose from.
There was even a kids fun fare going on during my stay on the 1st of September 2018.
However the location can be very crowded with cars, so beware with traffics as well.

Room Tip: Take sea view rooms
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Greetings from D'Wharf Hotel & Serviced Residence, Port Dickson
Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back soon.