All reviewsgreat courtyardold cityfree teaincluded breakfast isnice placevegetarian optionsper nighttaxi driverbig bathroomhotel is situatedroom facingmain courtyardother hotelsenjoyed my stayair conditioniranian hospitalitygame meat
Reviewed 8 November 2017

I had booked a room off the main courtyard in advance. Unfortunately, when I arrived I was assigned a room in the second courtyard, which I was not keen on at all. Luckily, I was able to move to a room off the main courtyard the second night - and this room was much better, I felt very comfortable there (room 101). The central courtyard is beautiful and the daybeds are great for relaxing. The reception staff were very kind and helpful and will book bus tickets and call taxis. The food in the restaurant wasn't bad - although it wasn't always easy to find someone to take an order! You can help yourself to tea throughout the day.

The hotel is centrally located - although it's easy to get lost in the maze of alleys!

The best thing I experienced in Yazd was the free walking tour with an excellent guide (which I will rate separately).

Room Tip: The rooms in the main courtyard are much more attractive than the rooms in the second courtyard
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
kohan h, Manager at Traditional Kohan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

i really appreciated your kindness in spending your time to write and comment about us. me and all of the kohan staff are trying to do our best for our guests .
it is the useful comments of our special guests such as you that help us to improve our hotel day by day.
im looking forward to welcome you again at kohan hotel.

yours truly.

Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

Centrally located in old city center. Wonderful, friendly staff and overall hotel is great value for money. The staff has been very resourceful and accommodating with every single one of our needs. Food served while sitting in front of the pool with flowers was a fantastic experience, the bread was so fresh. Tea with different spices and flower petals was complimentary 24 hrs. Breakfast was simple but wholesome. Rooms are decent but clean. I would recommend this hotel to anyone of any age and budget. Only concern was that the Internet was a little slow, but still ok.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Secil K
kohan h, Manager at Traditional Kohan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Dear Secil

Thanks a bunch for your positive review of your recent stay in our hotel. we truly appreciate your trust in us. im very happy to hear that our staff and service met your needs and expectations.
we always strive to do our best for our dear guests satisfaction.

We hope to welcome you warmly again in the near future!

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

okay, the garden is just amazing and the location very good. But that's it!!

Staff : not very friendly and unwelcoming. They dont seem to like their job.
Room: very very basic. No window in the room, no key, no locker, dirty sheets.

If you're on a budget it's probably ok to stay here. Otherwise: Go elsewhere. There's much better places in town.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
kohan h, Manager at Traditional Kohan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Dear guest
I have read your comments about our hotel and we greatly appreciate that you took the time to write them . i was informed of the mistake service you received during your stay with us from your review . first and foremost , i want to sincerely apologize for this. We always strive to give the best service to our guests but some times unintentional mistake are unavoidable.
But as you know we are in high season in these date and usually our guests proceed to booking from 2 or 3 month before, while your request for reserving the room was just 1 day before your arriving and that is why we explained you that all of our rooms are full except our cheap rooms ( dormitory )
& you answered us back that , yes it is ok. Any kind of room in your hotel is ok for me.
The other thing is that our check in time is at 2 p.m and while you arrived during the night then for the convenience of the guests in dormitory , the staffs offered you a cheap private room for a few hours. In the morning we suggested you a good room but you did not accept.
Any way , im deeply sorry that the condition resulted in the dissatisfaction of one of our special guests such as you. Whereas if you had patience, you would noticed that the room we had considered for you , is among our good room and also better than what you expected.
I will ensure that your next stay is VIP here.
it is the positive comments of our special guests such as you that help us to improve our hotel day by day.
Best regards.

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Traditional style rooms are very clean,
have a beautiful courtyard,
delicious food,
located in the traditional area of ​​the city,
and access to the rest of the city is very convenient.
I think it's worth a few nights and a visit to the city

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

The hotel is situated in the old City. A 10 minutes walk from the Mosque El Jamé. The rooms are around a nice courtyard with a pond with a fountain in it. You can relax during the day and evening in this place. There's always hot water in a samowar to make tea or coffee. The rooms we had were small. But with good beds. The bathroom is basic. Breakfast is like in most places: bread, butter jam cheese tomato cucumber and a hot egg/tomato mix.
One point of attention: maybe the people who clean the rooms after the guests leave, should check everything. In our first room the toilet kept on running, which is not what you want in a deserttown like Yazd. In the second room the light in the bathroom wasn't working.
But they repaired both immediately after our notification. The staff is friendly and helpful.
Price/ Quality is good!