“Charming hotel with a great location”
Review of Sasha & Son

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bukhara
Sasha & Son
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Bukhara
New York City, New York
“Charming hotel with a great location”
Reviewed 3 November 2011

A lovely hotel in a convenient location. This was the most charming hotel that I stayed in on my trip to Uzbekistan. The large central courtyard was a nice place to meet people. The rooms were on the small side, though mine included a chair and a refrigerator along with the twin sized bed. The traditional decor was very atmospheric, as was the padlock to get into the room. The breakfast was decent, and you could get eggs to order. Wifi is available for purchase, but is not compatible with iphones/ipads/ipods.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Mandy P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 6 October 2011

I stayed 3 nights in Bukhara in mid September 2011 as part of a group tour.

This hotel is built from several formerly jewish houses in old Bukhara, that
has been built together.

The rooms are located around several charming irregular courtyards with
short flights of stairs or corridors in between. Sometimes you need to ascend
an outside spiral staircase to reach your room.

This gives a special atmosphere. However if you have a mobility problem, you
need to check that you get a room you can access.

Inside the rooms, they are decorated in style with white painted walls decorated
in colour. Central asian wooden ceiling and wooden furniture, bukhara carpets
on the floor and chairs, etc.

Nice beds, although might be hard, this depends on your preference.
Working AirCon, also window opens making room cooler. Nice bathroom, although the water was slow to drain from the bathtub.
No shower curtain, so you run a risk of getting the whole bathroom floor wet
when showering. Bathroom floor gets slippery when wet.

They explicitly don't like you to do laundry in the basin. However, the hotel
laundry service was excellent. I have never seen my skirt and shirts so well ironed.

The hotel has WiFi, but you need to buy a ticket to access it, and I never managed
to make it work on my smartphone.

Good buffet breakfast with ready to order egg or omelett, and plenty of fresh fruit.
The usual boring white bread and instant coffee though.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank FiftyNiner
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 14 July 2011

I was quite surprised to find that this hotel has a décor with a completely different taste. You find numerous plaster works with colorful paintings all over the walls. The rooms are fine, clean and comfortable with nice beds and quality bedding material. There are diwans on the beds that look so much of a Mughal style. The furniture was also adequate. The Bathroom was modern with wonderful facilities. I liked the tasty breakfast buffet. Since the hotel is near the city center it was easy to get transportation from here to any major place at the city.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank edwardmartin330
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 31 May 2011

The B & B is well situated just a couple of minute’s walk from Lyabi-Hauz Square. It contains a series of courtyards with seating and a diwan. The room was nice with, although the bathroom was tiny. The elaborate plasterwork everywhere has been – apparently recently – been painted in a variety of pastel shades giving the impression that the walls are made out of icing sugar. Breakfast buffet was fine (for Uzbekistan). Wi-fi costs $10 for 24 hours but was never working. When I pointed out to reception staff that somebody on the patio was using the internet on a laptop, they then offered me the password for free saying it only worked for one guest at a time. Needless to say, it never worked. The shower in room 9 produces only a trickle of water; room number 12 is hardly better. Overall, it was fine but, given the seeming proliferation of B & Bs in Buhkara, I suspect one could find better places to stay than here.

Room Tip: Avoid room 9: the shower barely works