“Great vegan Thai”
Review of La Carotte Qui Rit

La Carotte Qui Rit
Ranked #18 of 227 Restaurants in Koh Tao
Reviewed 10 April 2018

Forget the salad you are looking for vegan or, like me you have seafood allergy and looking to eat Thai, go to this restaurant. The food is great, I have been 6 times in 10 days!!!! Every dish is great, My favorite are the spring role. The service is good and the ladies working there are super nice.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

This place is incredibly good!
Nice food, nice waiters, just a wonderful experience. Best restaurant I've tried in Koh Tao so far. I came back many times and were always more amazed!

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Good food, very good prices! Menu has a lot of dishes, so if you’re vegan and staying in Koh Tao you almost don’t need other food destinations!

Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

Being vegan I was excited to find a vegan/veggie restaurant on the island. My boyfriend and I came for an early dinner one evening and were understandably the only guests there. The woman who served us didn't say a word, put the notepad down on our table for us to write our order on and walked away. We ordered a massaman and curried vegetables with rice. My dish came out quick (although was put in the middle of the table without a word) and tasted OK but it was lukewarm and my curried vegetables were actually cold in some places. I also found a string of plastic in my rice. Boyfriends curry came out 5-10 minutes later and again it was lukewarm, as if it had been sitting out for at least 30 mins which again didn't make sense. Very bizarre, especially considering we were their first order and I'm sure we could hear the kitchen cooking something.

I wish I had said something, but again the staff didn't say a word to us about anything, nor came over, so I didn't really get the chance to. They eventually cleared away our plates and we paid and left. Sad to say we were disappointed in our experience here and won't be returning, despite its potential.

Aside from this, pricing of the meals

If our food came out hot (or at least warm) and the staff put an effort into their service, I would easily give this restaurant 4 or 5 stars. But these 2 very important aspects let them down. :(

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

We ordered vegetables in tampura, but was not sweet potato nor broccoli although the dish description said there is. Anyway, even what we got was full of oil and didn't taste good.