Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Expedia.comUSD 91
TravelocityUSD 91
eDreamsUSD 104
1,257 results
All reviews shark bay free shuttle pool bar private beach amazing hotel amazing views sea view shuttle service thai food sairee beach steep hill island diving pier paradise baht tao
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 March 2021

I do not use often this site for comments but what happened to us in March 2021 was the worst experience I ever had over the last years.. We booked this hotel because they have their own beach for snorkeling. The beach is abandoned, does not exist anymore, just plenty of plastic and rubbish. The divingschool was closed. The restaurant too was closed even no breakfast was provided by the hotel. We had to order food from a nearby takeaway restaurant. The reception too was not existing. There was a lady there from 8.30am to 5pm but she made only the check-in. During the night there was simply nobody there. I have asked to talk to the duty-manager but was told there is nobody in charge. We had to pay the 4 days in advance so no way to change the hotel or ask a refund.
You cannot trust in such an owner/management even in the future after Covid19. They just take your money and disapear. What a shame.

Date of stay: March 2021
3  Thank Exploration828976
Reviewed 7 February 2021 via mobile

a wonderful place. Built on the cliff, it offers indescribable views but at the same time is full of stairs to go up and down from the room to the beach, or from the room to the restaurant. The food is very good but for example the breakfast is a bit poor in options. The very nice room, especially the sea view ones. Extremely clean and impeccable staff

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank XavierFerdy
Reviewed 16 March 2020

Didn’t plan to stay anywhere in Koh Tao and got up early in Samui the day I decided to go for Tao. Got on the ferry that was a four hour journey and that wasn’t what I expected. Well a shore a Jean-Paul from Paris was standing by the bar at the pier Café and kindly suggested where to stay. So ten minutes later the driver from the resort came and picked me up. I have to admit that when I was having a massage in the sunset hour two days later watching the daylight changing to night at the resorts excellent located spa with a magnificent view from the top, I cried of the reason of suddenly realizing what a gift humans has got to see and experience this life on planet earth.
The resorts beautiful 12 bungalows I was about to experience two of during my stay and each is unique and completely integrated with the rocks and the view from the bed is breathtaking.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Joagas
MANAGER_JAMAHKIRI, General Manager at Jamahkiri Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2020

Dear Guest,

We would like to say thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Koh tao. We appreciate your review and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 2 March 2020

Me and my partner have just spent 2 weeks at this hotel initially staying in the deluxe double with sea view and the room and view were amazing. The hotel is certainly 5 star, clean and uncrowded. We always found a sunbed whatever time of the day around the pool and the private beach had hardly anyone using it. The bay is lovely and the snorkeling great here. The staff were friendly and professional. The big plus is the location and the fact that they provide a free shuttle service to the local town at Mae Haad a few times a day meaning no expensive taxis and the ability to go out and explore and try the many fabulous thai restaurants. The breakfast was fantastic catering for just about any taste. For our last couple of days we upgraded to a bungalow which provided an extra special end to our holiday. Would not hesitate to recommend this hotel! The only slight negative was the cost of the evening meals at the hotel. We ate there once and it cost around £90 for starters, a main for 2 with one bottle of wine. I have to say however the food was fabulous. However the lunches are reasonable and there is a happy hour on cocktails from 3 to 5pm. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room tip: All rooms are amazing
Date of stay: February 2020
1  Thank AnnetteB2363
MANAGER_JAMAHKIRI, General Manager at Jamahkiri Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2020

Reviewed 29 February 2020

4.5 stars

We stayed in a beautiful room with a breathtakingly stunning view over the beach. The view was equally as stunning from our bed as well as the balcony. We loved the small 'jungle' backdrop to the room. Very unusual and very pretty. We did find the air conditioning a tad noisy and there was a lack of storage space in both the bedroom and the bathroom. As the rest of the room was so stunning, we could overlook that though.

For us, it was perfectly located for snorkelling, which we did most days and also for the beach which was just a quick ride away in the courtesy boat. The beach was reasonably quiet and was beautiful. The trees along the length of the beach also provide some shade from the sun.

No review of this resort could be complete without a mention of the steps. Yes, there were lots of them. I counted over 130 (steep) steps from our room to the swimming pool and more if we continued onto the restaurant, but we were well aware that they would be there prior to booking and for us, were absolutely not a problem. In fact, we quite enjoyed our workout going up and down them (my butt has never looked so toned!) and the views all the way along the steps were just so picturesque.

As a regular and avid swimmer I was impressed by the swimming pool. It was a good size for swimming lengths or for a splash around and again was set in stunning surroundings overlooking the beach. I personally didn't use the spa or fitness area, but my spouse did and was very impressed with it.

We loved the quirkyness of the resort too; it all felt very original.

Breakfast was included in our stay and there was always a good variety of choices to eat from international cuisine through to traditional Thai. One tiny gripe for me was that I'm intolerant to dairy milk and the only soya milk available had powdered dairy milk added to it! I got around this by using coconut milk which was then provided upon request. We had several light lunches and evening meals in the restaurant and around the pool area too and all without exception, were extremely delicious and of an extremely high quality. The menu is extensive.

We found all staff to be extremely friendly, helpful and polite. We loved the resident cat and bird too!

The stunning location does come with a price though and that is the resort is placed at the top of a very winding, steep, hilly road. I did walk down it once, but I wouldn't particularly advise it in the heat. Alternatively, there is a courtesy shuttle provided for getting in and out of the town or you can use the local taxi service (expensive) or hire a scooter or motorbike. We personally used the shuttle or the taxi, but you do need to hang on tight!

Overall, we loved this resort and would definitely return here again.

Room tip: We were in room 1 which had amazing views and was in a great location for the snorkelling and courtesy boat to the beach.
Date of stay: February 2020