“Don't miss out on scuba diving if you're in Koh Tao”
Review of Planet Scuba

Planet Scuba
Ranked #46 of 100 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Owner description: Are you for Scuba? Come visit our Planet! Let our friendly and experienced team of dive professionals introduce you to a new world of endless and exciting possibilities. Based in Koh Tao Thailand, we are a full service SSI center offering all dive courses and snorkeling trips around Koh Tao. We are also the largest retailer of dive equipment on the island including brands like Mares, Cressi, Atomic Aquatics, Ocean Dynamics, San O Sub and compressors from Aerotechnica Coltri.
Reviewed 22 April 2016

I postponed my scuba dive for the second to last day of my visit. What a mistake! If I hadn't, I would have definitely done the 4-day open water certification course.

Diving in Koh Tao is awesome! The marine life is beautiful and diverse. The water is warm, clean and clear.

There are numerous diving schools on the island. While I don't know how diving is with them, my experience with Planet Scuba was great. My instructor was professional and made me feel safe. Unlike the other boats that we saw, with tons of people in them, we were just 4 divers which made the experience much better.

If you decide to do a Try Dive, make sure you have enough days left to complete a PADI/SSI certification as you are very likely to want to get back into the water the next day!

Brian K, General Manager at Planet Scuba, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2016

Really glad you had such a good time diving with us! You were great throughout the day; paid excellent attention and were a natural in the water! I have no doubt you would do really well at the open water course and hope you decide to do it one day. Thanks very much for taking the time to write a review and hope to see you again some day!

Reviewed 4 April 2016 via mobile

First time diving...was pretty scary but our instructor, Yuki, was amazing- so patient, encouraging and enthusiastic. Very glad we chose Planet Scuba. Thank you for a great experience, can't wait to go again!!

Brian K, General Manager at Planet Scuba, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2016

Thank you very much for diving with us, the conditions underwater were good and we saw some nice fish! Hope you dive again and one day become certified divers!
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 5 March 2016 via mobile

I had a truly amazing experience obtaining my open water scuba certificate. I was lucky enough to have one-on-one training on the course because of the days I booked. I really felt accepted by the team which made the experience that much more enjoyable. I would highly recommend Planet Scuba to anyone looking to learn to dive on Koh Tao or take their diving skills to that next level. Although the prices of the various courses are a fraction more expensive than other diving companies on the island the experience and training you receive makes it all the more worthwhile.

Many thanks for the review! You were a pleasure to teach; it’s always nice when someone is evidently really enjoying themselves. We had some lovely dives and even had a turtle follow us for a bit! Hope the rest of your trip is awesome and you have lots of great experiences along the way.
All the best,

Reviewed 14 February 2016 via mobile

Had a great time at Planet Scuba doing our open water, advanced diver and nitros tickets. My girlfriend was a bit nervous about doing the night dive but our instructor Brummie made her feel confident and safe about the whole thing.

All the staff were great, we did a lot of shopping around and Planet Scuba seemed the most professional school on the island.

You could possibly save yourself a few baht with a different school but I guarantee the standards will not be as high.

Brian K, General Manager at Planet Scuba, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2016

Thanks very much for your review. Here at Planet Scuba we do take safety very seriously and are proud of our high standards. Really glad you enjoyed your time with us and wish you all the best with your future diving.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 13 February 2016 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend wanted to try scuba diving in Koh Tao and as we had already booked into pier 24 we thought we would try it with Planet Scuba. We were allowed to stay an additional 4 nights on top of the 3 we had already booked. Unfortunately my girlfriend didn't enjoy the idea of breathing under water and didn't continue after the second day but they allowed her to come out and snorkel for the next 2 days whilst I finished my open water course. Thanks to Yuki who was a fantastic instructor, and showed me an amazing new world under the water.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, it’s great to hear you enjoyed your diving experience. We hope your girlfriend also enjoyed herself and are glad we were able to accommodate her with some snorkeling.
Kind regards,