“Excelent teacher”
Review of Planet Scuba

Planet Scuba
Ranked #48 of 102 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Owner description: Are you for Scuba? Come visit our Planet! Let our friendly and experienced team of dive professionals introduce you to a new world of endless and exciting possibilities. Based in Koh Tao Thailand, we are a full service SSI center offering all dive courses and snorkeling trips around Koh Tao. We are also the largest retailer of dive equipment on the island including brands like Mares, Cressi, Atomic Aquatics, Ocean Dynamics, San O Sub and compressors from Aerotechnica Coltri.
Reviewed 12 January 2016

The experience was amazing, this was my first time diving and the instructors made it an awesome one. You get to see all sorts of marine life, and you get to know some of the coolest spots for diving in the world.

Brian K, General Manager at Planet Scuba, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2016

Cheers for the great review! We're very glad you had a good time with us. Hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 6 January 2016

I was definitely hesitant to ever try scuba diving but my husband loves it and wanted me to try. Since we were in Koh Tao for two days I decided if I'm going to go to Koh Tao then this is my time to try it out! I was very nervous at the beginning. Chris made me feel really comfortable knowing it was my first dive! Even when I was in shallow water doing the training and still very nervous about breathing under deeper water he encouraged me that I was doing just fine. I was about to back out but I stuck with it… the second we went into deeper water I was completely comfortable! Chris had a lot of patience with me letting me get accustom to breathing with the regulator before going deeper. I definitely would've backed out if I had an instructor with a different attitude.

Chris even took my husband and I in the morning by ourselves to accommodate our 24 hour flight window frame.

The second we went in deeper water we saw a sea turtle and I was so excited I was immediately stop focusing on breathing and relaxed. Chris didn't let go of me for the entire dive with his hand on his backup regulator for me at all times incase I needed it!

So glad we chose Planet Scuba for my first time because now I will definitely try scuba diving again! Thanks Chris!

Brian K, General Manager at Planet Scuba, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2016

Thank you for the great review! It was a lot of fun diving with both you and your husband the other day. We try to be as flexible with our schedule as possible, and provide as much time and attention as an individual may require. And in the end, you seemed very comfortable. Keep diving!

Reviewed 27 December 2015

I booked a series of 10 fun dives with Planet Scuba but unfortunately was injured so could only complete 6. Chris gave me a refund for the 4 dives I didn't do, I don't think many other dive operators on Ko Tao would do that.

It is an SSI dive center, not PADI but it doesn't really make any difference if you are only doing fun dives, they still recognized my PADI certification.

My diving was done in small groups, sometimes it was just me and the dive master but there were never more than 3 plus the dive master.

I have slight mobility problems but everyone was very helpful in getting me in and out of the water.

I don't think there is much point looking round at other dive operators, they all have pretty much the same price structure for fun dives and I really don't think you will go far wrong with Planet Scuba, right opposite the Safety Stop pub.

Oh and BTW they let me have 18 liter tanks at no extra cost.

Brian K, General Manager at Planet Scuba, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2016

Thanks for such a great review, and thanks for choosing Planet Scuba! It's a shame you were injured and not able to complete those dives. At least you managed get to the wreck despite poor conditions for most of your stay; I know that was one on your list here.

Don't worry, your PADI certification is valid worldwide, regardless of the affiliation of the dive center, just like an SSI certification.

Happy diving!

Reviewed 15 December 2015 via mobile

As an AoW, I did 4 fun dives at Planet Scuba.

Chris and Yuki were extremely professional and very cool guys to dive with, always making sure that you feel comfortable and you are enjoying your dive. Equipment was in perfect conditions.

In a nutshell, one of the best diving schools I have dived with. Recommend them 200% for courses or fun dives.

Brian K, General Manager at Planet Scuba, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2015

Thank you very much for your kind words. I'm glad you enjoyed your dives, as they were a treat for us as well. We hope to see you back again soon.

Cheers,