Open today: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Review Highlights
Don't miss out on scuba diving if you're in Koh Tao

I postponed my scuba dive for the second to last day of my visit. What a mistake! If I hadn't, I... read more

Reviewed 22 April 2016
Teddy Z
Oxford, United Kingdom
Diving Experience

First time diving...was pretty scary but our instructor, Yuki, was amazing- so patient, encouraging... read more

Reviewed 4 April 2016
Heidi M
London
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 January 2016

I was definitely hesitant to ever try scuba diving but my husband loves it and wanted me to try. Since we were in Koh Tao for two days I decided if I'm going to go to Koh Tao then this is my time to try it out! I was very nervous at the beginning. Chris made me feel really comfortable knowing it was my first dive! Even when I was in shallow water doing the training and still very nervous about breathing under deeper water he encouraged me that I was doing just fine. I was about to back out but I stuck with it… the second we went into deeper water I was completely comfortable! Chris had a lot of patience with me letting me get accustom to breathing with the regulator before going deeper. I definitely would've backed out if I had an instructor with a different attitude.

Chris even took my husband and I in the morning by ourselves to accommodate our 24 hour flight window frame.

The second we went in deeper water we saw a sea turtle and I was so excited I was immediately stop focusing on breathing and relaxed. Chris didn't let go of me for the entire dive with his hand on his backup regulator for me at all times incase I needed it!

So glad we chose Planet Scuba for my first time because now I will definitely try scuba diving again! Thanks Chris!

Brian K, General Manager at Planet Scuba, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2016

Thank you for the great review! It was a lot of fun diving with both you and your husband the other day. We try to be as flexible with our schedule as possible, and provide as much time and attention as an individual may require. And in the end, you seemed very comfortable. Keep diving!

Reviewed 27 December 2015

I booked a series of 10 fun dives with Planet Scuba but unfortunately was injured so could only complete 6. Chris gave me a refund for the 4 dives I didn't do, I don't think many other dive operators on Ko Tao would do that.

It is an SSI dive center, not PADI but it doesn't really make any difference if you are only doing fun dives, they still recognized my PADI certification.

My diving was done in small groups, sometimes it was just me and the dive master but there were never more than 3 plus the dive master.

I have slight mobility problems but everyone was very helpful in getting me in and out of the water.

I don't think there is much point looking round at other dive operators, they all have pretty much the same price structure for fun dives and I really don't think you will go far wrong with Planet Scuba, right opposite the Safety Stop pub.

Oh and BTW they let me have 18 liter tanks at no extra cost.

Brian K, General Manager at Planet Scuba, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2016

Thanks for such a great review, and thanks for choosing Planet Scuba! It's a shame you were injured and not able to complete those dives. At least you managed get to the wreck despite poor conditions for most of your stay; I know that was one on your list here.

Don't worry, your PADI certification is valid worldwide, regardless of the affiliation of the dive center, just like an SSI certification.

Happy diving!

Reviewed 15 December 2015 via mobile

As an AoW, I did 4 fun dives at Planet Scuba.

Chris and Yuki were extremely professional and very cool guys to dive with, always making sure that you feel comfortable and you are enjoying your dive. Equipment was in perfect conditions.

In a nutshell, one of the best diving schools I have dived with. Recommend them 200% for courses or fun dives.

Brian K, General Manager at Planet Scuba, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2015

Thank you very much for your kind words. I'm glad you enjoyed your dives, as they were a treat for us as well. We hope to see you back again soon.

Cheers,

Reviewed 1 December 2015 via mobile

Came to ko tao especially to do a course of open water diving and found this amzing school with wonderful instructors!

Chris and yuki are the best! Really gave me and my buddy confident and the knowledge with patience and respect.
I would recommend anyone to go there.
Top of the top!!!!

Thnks guys, u r the best!

Brian K, General Manager at Planet Scuba, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2015

Cheers for the great review! You did really well. It was terrific to see how much progress you guys made on your way to becoming divers. Come back soon!

Reviewed 1 December 2015 via mobile

I found Planet Scuba by chance, and it was the best decision taking diving lessons there. The staff is extremely helpful and it's clear that they enjoy their work. Chris and Yuki were so helpful and willing to teach us as much as they could. I worked directly with Chris, who at every step of the way was taking care and teaching us how to dive and keep ourself safe during the experience. 100% recommended.

If you wanna learn a little bit about diving, these guys are the best.

Thanks for writing us such a lovely review! I'm so glad that you chose to dive with us. We always try to make sure that everyone enjoys themselves in a safe, controlled manner. Hope to see you soon!