1,422 results
All reviews aminjirah resort infinity pool mystery room sairee beach budget room small resort ocean view main pool stunning views free shuttle scooter rental my girlfriend big pool watch the sunset we loved our stay welcome drink shuttle service
Reviewed 13 January 2018

I booked Aminjirah because of the video I see on youtube from the place and wanted to experience the same feeling. I am happy to say that apart from one rainy day I had a lot of sunshine and had a very good experience at this hotel. The real view is maybe even more nice than the picture and video show. I found the employees of the hotel very nice and helpful. I will come again.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

I booked this hotel as I saw the infinity pool and was mesmerised. No doubt about it the pool and views are stunning. What was not so stunning was our Green Paradise room. Although stated as their budget alternative, this is a 3 star establishment so I expect 3 star. The fridge, light fittings and bathroom window were filthy, the shower was freezing and the toilet stopped working after one flush. This is what I’d expect in a hostel. The space below the pool looks derelict and we couldn’t understand why they would leave it like this and not clean it up and put sunloungers there. The staff are not really attentive and don’t bother to hold any conversations plus the reception staff are not very knowledgeable about anything and this includes the Manager! Not knowing about the attractions on your doorstep is unforgivable and to top it all off not knowing the nearest pier to Koh Samui airport put the icing on the cake for me. Also, there was a huge hump in the path near our room which we both tripped over & my partner fell into the metal railings and gashed his side. Needless to say we won’t be returning.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jo S
Aminjirah, Owner at Ameenjeerah Koh Tao, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

Dear Jo

We are certainly very sorry we did not live up to your expectations and will strive to do better.

Thank you for your feedback.

oxo Aminjirah

Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

Unfortunately I have had the worst experience I have ever had in all my years of travelling in dealing with this hotel. Booked for an 8 night stay in Feb 2017 to stay in Oct 2017. Needed to cancel as our plans had changed. The T&C’s on the website stated a 50% refund. I had paid in full for the £610 bill, and as I had cancelled I respectfully asked for a 50% refund - £305.
This is when the trouble started. After I sent my email advising that I needed to cancel, the T&C’s were changed.
I have now left this in the hands of my credit card provider who are seeking to recover the money – I am very lucky that I have that option as plenty of other people won’t. My emails have gone unanswered.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank martynkinguk

Dear Martyn,

As you know you were refunded months back and we have done our best to apologize for the lapse in customer service. We value your feedback and your right to post the issue here, although we found it peculiar you would re-post this when again as you were refunded so long ago.

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

Sadly, I stayed towards the end of my trip to Thailand and it rained for 3 out of the 4 days at Aminjirah so I didn't get to use the pool - which looks stunning. Even so, the view was still nice and my stay was mostly pleasant.

Check in took close to 20 minutes and I had to prove and show my reservation and payment several times before I got my key. Upon check out I was waiting in the reception area for close to an hour as no one was there. A sign in the the rooms says to leave your bags and the staff will collect it (as there are lots of stairs) but I ended up leaving without actually checking out as there was no one there and the cleaning staff couldn't understand what I was saying when I asked for help with my bags. I also wanted to complain about the people staying in the room above me (3) who were purposely making noise despite me letting them know I could hear them. As long as you have quiet neighbours though, everything should be ok.

There was a gentleman who I often saw when I came in and out who was always polite and friendly and if he had been at reception when I checked in and out, the only negative experience would be the lack of hot water.

It is still a lovely place to stay on the island and I hope to stay again on my return.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Aminjirah, Owner at Ameenjeerah Koh Tao, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2018

Dear Nicola,

Thank you for your kind words and nice pictures. We are fully aware that our new team ist just getting up to speed and feel we are 99% back to our normal strength now.

Reviewed 2 January 2018

Loved it. Rainy weather a few days, but great pizzas and comfy room with sea views made up for that. Staff a little green, but resort def gearing up for hi season.. great place to chill after u can do a lot worse on koh Tao

Room Tip: Bay view room - what views
Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Evan,

Awesome to meet you and all the best on your future travels...