“Second time around and loved it even more!”
Review of Master Divers

Master Divers
Ranked #10 of 104 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Master Divers is a small, professional PADI 5 star IDC centre on Koh Tao, Thailand, offering dive trips and the full range of recreational PADI scuba diving courses and experience programmes, as well as Technical dive training and Freediving courses . Guided snorkelling trips, UV night diving and UV snorkelling are also available here. Master Divers has a long standing reputation for offering a quality dive experience and maintains a friendly and relaxed environment. They guarantee small groups and offer private guiding and tuition too. Their team of multilingual staff are some of the most experienced on the island making the centre a sought after destination for divers.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I came here with my other half in August and we completed our Open Water with Hayley. We loved it so much we decided to come back again and do our advanced and wreck speciality. When we asked if we could have Hayley again for as much of it as possible they were very accommodating. We had Tony for our refresher as we had left it more than 6 months between dives and I was really worried I had forgotten everything but Tony was very calm and patient with both of us, and kept us laughing all the way through. We had our advanced with Hayley who of course is always amazing, she’s an incredible instructor who keeps every dive fun no matter what it is. Then we were very fortunate to have Kiri and Hayley for our Wreck speciality. Both were brilliant and we learnt so much! Rob’s photos were amazing and a great way to keep a memory of our dives. If you want to come diving in Koh Tao, Master Divers is definitely the place to go, every single member of staff is friendly and welcoming including those behind the desk at the shop too. We hope to return for a third time at some point in the future. Thank you so much Master Divers!

2  Thank CatherineTa13
MasterDivers, Manager at Master Divers, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Thanks so much for your amazing review. We are delighted that you came back and had such a positive experience second time around as well! Congratulations on completing your PADI Advanced Open Water and also your PADI Wreck Specialty :)

We do try to be as flexible as possible to accommodate requests in terms of staffing, dive sites, etc - and we usually manage it! So it was no problem to reunite you with Hayley - I know she really enjoys diving with you both, so I'll be sure to pass on your comments - and to Kiri & Tiny too :)

We very much hope to see you for a third visit in the future - you are part of our Master Divers family now, and there will always we a warm welcome awaiting you :)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,671)
All reviews
in 31 reviews
"small group"
in 34 reviews

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I had a great experience diving with Master Divers. It was only my second dive trip and I was a little nervous, but they did a great job putting me at ease and making me feel comfortable with the whole experience. Kevin was my instructor for the day and he was really great!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank mriddel0206
MasterDivers, Manager at Master Divers, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your feedback, we are very happy you had such a great day with us. I'll be sure to pass on your praise to Kevin.

We're sorry we did not impress you with the full 5 star service though. Do feel free to drop us a line and let us know how you think we could improve our service for your next visit - linzi@master-divers.com.

Thanks and safe onward travels :)

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Have done a fair amount of diving over the years. Master Divers are definitely up there with the top dive shops I've dived with. One of the main points which really helps this is that they limit groups to a maximum of 1:4 instructor or DM to divers ratio.
My friends also did a discover scuba with them, which they all thoroughly enjoyed. Their instructors Haley and Dan were excellent. Also, their photographer Rob gave me an impromptu underwater photography lesson, which was both highly informative and appreciated!
One more point, their shop is a short walk from both of the main piers, so if you arrive on the island with a lot of dive gear, you don't have too far to take it! :)

2  Thank XanderMcG

Thanks very much for your excellent review. It's always incredibly rewarding to get such positive feedback from an experienced diver who knows what to look for in a dive centre. We really enjoyed having you and your friends with us for the day, and hope to see you back again on a future trip :)

Happy bubbles until next time :)

Reviewed 1 April 2018

As someone that has never been scuba diving before i wasn't sure what to expect from the 'discover scuba diving' day out, i was apprehensive, nervous and a little bit scared if I'm honest. Any doubts in my mind were immediately squashed and it was probably one of the most memorable experiences of our entire trip!
Our instructors for the day, Hayley and Dan, really made us feel at ease and took us through every step never making us feel rushed or like we didn't know what was going on. When it came to the actual diving (basics covered in the class room) they made sure you were ok 100% of the time, never taking their eyes off you to make sure you are safe and secure whilst also showing you a variety of corals and marine life.

We also had a friend with us who is at a diver master level and he was very happy with their services too, and he's been to a lot of dive shops!!

Would highly recommend!

1  Thank rjspringett

Thanks for your excellent review, we are delighted you had such a positive and enjoyable experience on your day of diving with us. It's completely normal to be nervous but our patient, experienced staff are there to take care of you, keep you safe and help you get the most of of your day :)

Great to know we impressed your friend who is an experienced diver too - that's always rewarding to hear.

Safe travels and hopefully next time you'll have a few more days and get your full PADI Open Water certification with us :)

See more reviews
Reviewed 30 March 2018

I came across this dive school by chance when talking to a diver on the boat to Koh Tao; all i can say is, he did me a HUGE favour pointing me in the direction of Master Divers. I was impressed from the moment i walked in; so i signed up for PADI Open Water and can honestly say its one of the best decisions I've made.From the start to finish, i thoroughly enjoyed every moment here. They hold small, intimate classes as to maximise the learning experience; I was fortunate enough to have a class to myself.

My instructor, Christopher Mills, huge thank you for everything you did over the duration of the course. you went above and beyond to maximise my experience on this course and I cant thank you enough. I've signed up for my dry suit course so i can safely say I'm already hooked!

Also a shout out to Corey; greatly appreciated and good luck with becoming a Divemaster!!

MasterDivers, Manager at Master Divers, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

What a fabulous review, thanks so much. This is exactly the level of safety, service and professionalism we aim to provide and we could not be happier that you had such a great time with us. We are delighted you enjoyed it so much you have signed up for more diving back home already - that's brilliant news!

I'll be sure to pass on your feedback to Chris, I know he'll be super happy that you had such a great time with him and developed such a passion for diving! Welcome to the addiction and see you again next time! :)