“Excellent accommodation, Exc. location, Very friendly owners”
Review of Woodlawn Villas

Woodlawn Villas
Ranked #13 of 50 Hotels in Koh Tao
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I originally booked a two week stay then changed it to one because I wasn't sure if I would like the island as much as I did. As I said to Luke&Michelle I would probably regret that decision & I did, because the island is fantastic, as is the location & accommodation at Woodlawn Villas. It is only a 10-15 minute walk from the beach, & less to the shops and bars.
The advantage of Woodlawn is that it's close enough to the beach, yet far enough away to get a good ( quiet ) nights sleep.
The accommodation itself is excellent, home from home. Very clean & very well equipped, with air con, fridge, kitchenette with everything needed, fresh towels daily, tv & dvd, EVEN a pre-payed mobile phone with phone numbers for taxis, take aways, Luke&Michelle. They've really thought about their business from the big things to the smallest things & I can't think of anything to criticise.
Luke & Michelle are always at the end of the phone & available to help where they can, and are very helpful in recommending things to do & places to go.
All in all a very enjoyable stay & I shall be returning. Give it a go you won't be disappointed !!!!

Best regards, Dean

Room Tip: I gather all the rooms are of equal quality & that the only difference is square footage, so dep...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 10 May 2012

We stayed here for 12 nights in April and would highly recommend it. We wanted somewhere special and relaxing to stay and definitely found it in Woodlawn Villas. The location was perfect for us - lovely and quiet, set in well kept grounds but walking distance to the shops, good restaurants and the beach.

We stayed in a Garden Villa and the rooms are really clean and comfortable and I slept better than I've done in years. The kitchen has everything you need (we cooked quite a bit). There's a lovely balcony which is perfect to sit on for breakfast. Usually if you stay somewhere a while you start to notice little things that need attention but this is really not the case here - well except the fact my partner felt the DVD selection was too girlie but that was fine by me :)

What makes Woodlawn Villas so special above all are the owners, Michelle and Luke. They gave us loads of advice on where to go to on the island, places to eat at, quiet beaches etc. Michelle was great from the moment we contacted her with the booking inquiry and set up transport to meet us etc which all worked well. Luke was great with all the food recommendations! There was no question they couldn't answer. They were lovely to chat to but equally if you don't want to be sociable they would be very respectful of that.

We'd highly recommend staying here if you want a lovely holiday and we'll definitely be back as soon as we can.

1  Thank Kasanm
Reviewed 27 April 2012

We stayed at Woodlawn Villas at the start of April 2012 in a Garden Villa and thoroughly enjoyed our short stay in such tranquil surroundings.

Prior to our holiday in Thailand and Koh Tao, we spent many hours between us trawling through numerous places of accommodation and stumbled upon this "Little Gem". All the excellent Trip Advisor reviews are to be believed and hit the nail on the head.

The Villa is situated only 5mins taxi ride from the ferry pier at Mae Haad and is easily within walking distance to Sairee Beach, approx 30mins. A supermarket is only 2mins walk away and believe me, it sells pretty much anything that you could possibly need and also a nice fresh fruit & vegetable stall, the mango is to die for! Chalok Beach can be walked to in under 10mins offers some nice beach bars & restaurants. Once more, the Villa was good value for money.

The owners, Michelle & Luke are so friendly and are always available to assist in making your stay memorable and offering knowledgeable advice of local attractions/ammenities. A very simple but effective touch was that you are given a mobile phone with useful contact numbers pre-stored, so if required then help is at hand at a touch of a button.

The accommodation itself was very nice. The kitchen area and and dining area was very handy. The DVD library was nice if you fancied a night in. A range of menus from local eateries was provided so that you could call in an order and they would deliver it free of charge.

All in all, this is a great place to stay in Ko Tao, offering a more personalised and local experience than some of the major hotels on the beachfront.

3  Thank Sarah J
Reviewed 23 April 2012

we stayed in woodlawn villas mid april 2012, after my girlfriend booked via trip advisor basically on the back of the previous reviews. and very pleased we did. the villas themselves are set in a lovely piece of ground, very quiet and tranquil at night. inside they are very modern, we had seperate kitchen diner with large dining table, big tv with dvd player and lovely big couch to relax on when it got too hot outside..
luke and Michelle cant do enough to make you feel comfortable even providing a mobile phone for us if we wanted to have breakfast delivered from the many restaurants dotted about the island, which we did every morning.
a 10 min walk from chalok, or even better hire a bike from steve, recommended by luke, and some lovely beaches are only a short ride away.
my girlfriend and i were slightly disappointed at first when we found out it was closer to chalok beach than sairee as this was the beach we were recommended by friends, but couldnt of been happier once we had explored as the quieter better beaches are in the south.
all in all a highly recommended stay and when i go back to koh tao, woodlawn villas is where i'll be staying.

Reviewed 21 April 2012

I stayed at Woodlawn Villas for 6 nights in March 2012. I booked after reading the rave reviews here on TripAdvisor and it still managed to exceed my already high expectations. My villa was exactly as advertised, it was a great place to lounge around when it got too hot outside! Although i'd done plenty research on the island before arriving the tips Luke gave me on places to eat at and hang out trumped all my research. The complimentary phone also came in very handy when my own phone went for an unexpected swim! I'll definitely be staying here again on my next trip to Koh Tao.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo