1,787 results
All reviews beach bar castaway villa private beach shark bay main restaurant haad tien beach amazing beach free shuttle beach front white sand day bed clean beach beautiful bay our honeymoon low tide shuttle service thai food
Reviewed 17 March 2016

Beautiful rooms. Gorgeous location. Dreadful management team. I could write reams but will summarise as not to kill you with bordem.

Hotel taxi failed to collect us. Showed manager George our confirmation email. He said we don't get to see these in resort so I'm afraid that's your fault.

No air con when checking in. Staff have a fan and they keep it. No consideration of the arduous journey their guests have just undertaken (22 hours).

No cold flannels, small glass of orange offered some 20 mins after arriving..

No electricity at time of arrival due to power failure, had to buy ice to make a drink cold. Power outage was meant to last an hour. 2 hours later we contact reception to be told power was restored an hour ago. Engineer dispatched. Staff who had taken us to our room had put room key in upside down! Management response, you should have noticed.

We are now 3 hours into our 3 night stay. Showered
, unpacked and finally settling Down.

Manager arrives. We have given you wrong room and we need you to move! No offer of any recompense so I asked for a bottle of wine. He said he would ask his manager. We moved rooms he brought wine and offered us lunch on him next day.

2nd day general manager Geoge comes to see us.. He explains that they still take bookings when the room advertised is not available. It's nothing to do with him but he has to sort the mess out by either upgrading or downgrading. I was incredulous! So, if we book 12 months in advance you are saying we may not get the room we have booked? Yes was his reply. He then said we could move back to our original room. So we packed again and moved. George also said he would reimburse taxi fare although it was our mistake!

Last evening. Happy hour. Buy one get one free. I had white my husband had red. The red was cold the white warm.

Went to restaurant. Chose a bottle of wine. That's not available but we recommend this one. Can we try it? No. Once you buy you drink, no return.

I ordered steak medium to well. Cut into it and it was blue. Just sending it back and the first manager (that made us move rooms) appears and starts telling us off, I gave you free lunch for taxi. This went on in front of other guests for about 5 mins at which point we got up and left.

Checking out they have put the free lunch back on the bill. I'm so disenchanted by this point I just said to husband pay it. Then, the manager that had bereated us the previous evening turns up and again says you not I titled to free lunch. I simply told him we were paying, and that for the sake of £8 he was causing yet another scene in front of other guests. He turned on his heel and left.

To summarise if you expect the room you booked 12 months and have saved and worked hard for don't hold your breath.

Do not attempt to complain as you will be told it's your own fault.

Expect cold red wine and to buy without sampling.

The management do not understand the words 'customer service' and were downright rude.

Never again.

Stayed: March 2016
6  Thank DebCaine
Reviewed 10 March 2016

Left my ipad in the safe, the staff wrapped it up like a mummy and sent it back to me in the UK. great service and care!!! the beach is beautiful, restaurant a little pricey better go into town...rooms are stunning. They have a spa looking like swimming pool and you do feel like you are in a paradise land minus the bumpy ride to the resort from the port.

Stayed: February 2016
Reviewed 9 March 2016

This resort have great quite location with amazing beach, staff was very helpful, our Haadtien Villa was clean with nice bathroom. In resort are two restaurants and one beach bar with food service. Food was delicious, prices are adequate to quality, but in the menu are prices without VAT. This is one of the resorts that you want to come back ASAP.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2016 via mobile

We stayed at the Haad Tien for 4 nights as part of a 12 night trip to Thailand. The hotel really is in a beautiful area, the beach is fantastic and the pool, although very small, was nice. The breakfast was also good, we decided to eat out every night as the restaurant was rather expensive. The hotel offers a free shuttle into town which is very helpful, as the hotel itself is quite remote. Unfortunately of you need to be somewhere at a specific time, the hotels taxi service is very expensive. We were charged double by the hotel what we paid for the return journey from a local taxi. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and the hotel is ideal if you are wanting to just spend the days by the pool/beach, but for those that want to explore the island and get out and about in the evenings, choose somewhere else.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 February 2016 via mobile

We stayed her for 4 nights- the hotel is stunning. Our room was lovely.
Perfect little balcony seat overlooking the sea
If you have mobility issues- this is definitely not the hotel for you as there are a lot of steps to climb
The pool areas are both lovely
The restaurants are nice too-including breakfast. The prices are a little higher than in the town- however this is to be expected

It's good having the dive centre on site- however we did find this pricer than other centres- we also weren't aware that VAT was added on to quoted prices- so this was a little downside.

The hotel staff are very friendly and couldn't do more for you

This hotel is a taxi ride into the main town which costs 100baht per person- or the hotel offers a free shuttle service at certain times so that is useful

I would definitely recommend this hotel

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple