Blue Wind Resort
USD 176*
USD 83*
Koh Tao Simple Life Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
USD 55*
USD 39*
USD 38*
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
Pinnacle Koh Tao Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
USD 51*
USD 47*
Agoda.com
Haadtien Beach Resort(Koh Tao)
USD 214*
USD 197*
Montalay Beach Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
USD 38*
USD 35*
Agoda.com
In Touch Resort & Restaurant(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
USD 27*
USD 26*
Ban's Diving Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
USD 48*
USD 47*
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Aminjirah Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
USD 58*
All reviewsyoga studiocheap bungalowgreat bungalowsprivate bungalowbeach frontshambala
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 August 2011

Koh Tao has a limited range of accommodation and I would not reccommend Blue Wind resort. Like many others on here, we had several enormous cockroaches in our room. I know they are to be expected in a hot country but the way these huts have been shoddily erected obviously allows for several entry points for bugs. A huge cockroach crawled over my friends arm during the night and a poor night's sleep followed. Thank god we had only booked one night. We were ready to leave the island by the morning!

Beach hut makes it sound idyliic. It was not. Set back from the beach with basic facilities, this place offered poor value for money.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Lovely location. In fact I enjoyed my stay but only because I really wanted to make the most of my time on Koh Tao. The price you pay will reflect the room you get & I have no issue with that. However, the bakery staff are a level of rudeness beyond what is acceptable anywhere. When I spoke with the manager he replied that the staff were not Thai & that they knew the issue. So why not deal with it. But overall, so long as you eat elsewhere, even though the food is great & expect what you pay for in terms of accomodation you should have an OK stay.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 1 July 2011

I would never advise anybody to stay here, I understand that you get the quality of service you pay for, we were on a budget, therefore 700 Baht for three nights in a hut on the beach sounded great, however, sleeping one night in our room could probably make you ill. Dead cockroaches lived on the bathroom floor, the toilet roll provided was soaked therefore we had to buy our own. The room was roasting, fans were provided but they were very old and VERY loud like an engine; nothing which you could sleep through.
Compared to bed time, these were only minor problems. The bedsheets, pillowcases and towels were dirty and were INFESTED with bugs. Beetles, ants and other visible bedbugs were crawling all over the bed whilst I was in it, and the mosquito nets were absolutely crawling. After an hour in the room, we could no longer bear the bugs, the noise of the fan or the foul smell. There were no other hotels open in the area at this hour and reception was closed, therefore we had to sleep rough on a beach for the night, as this was a more hygienic and bearable experience than staying in our hut. AKA 'bug shack'.
After a rough nights sleep, which could be considered dangerous for three 20 year old girls, we reported to reception first thing in the morning and demanded our money back. Surprisingly the management were co operative and granted our money back, however they demanded 300 Baht for the first nights stay. (even though we never stayed)
I cannot believe this standard of accommodation is available for the public, I would definitely avoid staying here, even if on a budget. Also no toilet flush, no hot water. and no way to lock our door from the inside which is very unsafe. We ended up moving on to Sunset Buri resort, a couple of minutes away which was great with a beautiful view of Sairee Beach!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 February 2011

Not sure why Lonely Planet touts this place so high....our experience was below average. The room we got was 800 baht and was a dungeon. It was not a bungalow it was a bottom unit in a 4 unit building...smelled like mold. The bed was from like 1970 and was pure metal coil with no support...worst bed I've ever slept in. Room was not particularly clean or nice looking....it had a tv which was nice, but the place itself was depressing. We stayed 1 night and left....went to the southern end of suyree beach and stayed at in touch resort for the same price and in a much nicer option. This location isn't great either...yes it is on the beach, but this section of beach is not very pretty...the southern end (closer to the pier) by bans beach resort is MUCH better. And much more options down there at good price points.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 January 2011

Good location, bakery starting on the beach and accommodation from beach till 200m back to the road.
Rooms:
350: old and some with rockhard beds
600-1500: nicer, especially the 800 ones look nice
Free wifi from the restaurant and nice food staff in restaurant is tolerable.
Rooms are clean, but noisy at night as the windows are not solid or glass, so you can hear people walking by as if they are in your room. Earplugs are recommended. Also the owners 3 dogs can sometimes make a lot of noise during the night. I do understand he wants a good nights rest and keep the dogs at the restaurant and not near his own house at the roadside.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple