Pinnacle Koh Tao Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
USD 86
Agoda.com
USD 102
USD 63
Agoda.com
In Touch Resort & Restaurant(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
USD 66
USD 29
Ameenjeerah Koh Tao(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
USD 111
USD 84
Haadtien Beach Resort(Koh Tao)
USD 274
USD 238
USD 195
USD 168
  • Breakfast included
USD 151
USD 137
  • Breakfast included
Ban's Diving Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
USD 45
USD 39
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 44/night.

All reviewsshark islandfree shuttleneedle fishfree equipmentgiant watertraditional thai massageparrot fishcrystal clear waterpool villaocean viewstunning viewswe loved our staywe've stayedprivate beachbreakfast buffetother guestsbeach bar
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Great new resort in a quiet area on Koh Tao. Perfect for divers. They also have a great beach you can snorkel right off and see turtles, parrot fish, needle fish, and black tipped sharks (not aggressive, harmless!). We booked two standard rooms and were very happy with room size, ocean view and big comfy beds! Definitely one of the nicer resorts I’ve stayed in for diving trips. The restaurant and breakfast is also very good. Prices are reasonable and what you’d expect for hotel restaurant, not outrageous. Staff are very friendly. We spent roughly $25aud per person each meal. Nice pool overlooking the ocean as well.

Pick up from pier was easy. Their staff are always waiting with a signboard.

The negatives:

- It is a 10-15min hilly ride from town and pier. It doesn’t sound far but bear in mind you’re riding on the back of utility vehicle and holding on tightly to avoid falling out the back!
- A transfer to town costs 500baht each way. They do offer a free shuttle service but it only operates twice a day at 11:30 and 8pm to town. And only one shuttle to return at 10pm.
- The resort is on a very steep hill and if you’re unlucky and given a room at the very top it’s a tough climb. We’re 4 adults in our 20s and 30s, relatively fit, but still struggled when we had to go from beach all the way up to reception. Luckily we were given a room quite close to beach and restaurant but there are rooms higher up than the reception.

Despite these small negatives, I would recommend and return to Sai Daeng.

Tip! Book beachfront or get a room as close to the beach as possible to avoid the stairs!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2018

this resort is on a beautiful cliff and very secluded. the free snorkeling and kayaking was a nice touch. we stayed at a standard sea view (which we were upgraded to) . the room was simple and not very big, but had a gorgeous view. we did not eat at the resort restaurant so cant comment on the food. the pool was great.

as for location- it really is far from the town , through a windey road you do not want to walk. a taxi to the pier/town will cost approx 300baht. they have a free shuttle going into town at 8pm and one more earlier in the day. there is only one shuttle which returns to the resort from the town at 10pm every night. We managed, but i cannot say it was very convenient.

this resort gives a feeling that it used to be a lot nicer, but it's getting a bit old and maintenance isn't great... not sure if i would stay again, the staff was lovely and so was the view and the beach, but the location was an issue.

Stayed: February 2018
Reviewed 20 February 2018

Sai Daeng Resort was truly incredible. The rooms where beautiful and the bed was huge and very comfy. The food was also incredible, I looked forward to every meal so much. They have a Thai BBQ twice a week and a breakfast buffet every morning with so many options, like dim sum, pancakes, fresh fruit and much more. Lastly, the people that work there were SO kind. It made them happy to help you and their joy was contagious...they also remembered your name, which I thought was amazing given how many people there were. I would go back in a sec!

Room Tip: Eagles Nest is incredible and very private
1  Thank Zoe K
Reviewed 19 February 2018

Sai Daeng was the perfect amount of authenticity, romance, luxury, privacy, quality and service. My friends and I traveled to Koh Tao and stayed at Sai Daeng Resort. It was an incredible week with insane views and customer service. We stayed at the Pool Villa and it allowed all 5 of us to have our own rooms and share a common space with a roof deck and pool! We could see the sunrises and sunsets with unobstructed views. Breakfast, lunch and dinner on the beach was unreal. The food was incredible! We met Soon, the owner, and he was so kind and educational about the Thai culture. We ordered a boat and went into town (Sairee) for shopping and lunch one day. I will be returning with my husband to come back! This place is absolutely insane!

Room Tip: Every room has a view!
1  Thank makenziedavies
Reviewed 13 February 2018

Sai Daeng Resort has all the features and qualities for the most breathtaking and incredible experience. It's situated neatly on a peninsula on an island, staring directly at Shark Island, an iconic snorkel/dive spot. The structures are thoughtful and quality and intricate, down to the perfectly placed views of the rooms (I stayed with a group of friends in the pool villa rooms - each room had a unique and stunning view!) and the open-concept bathrooms with natural light. The pool villa suites had the most incredible infinity pool overlooking not just a beach, but a beach under mountains. Unreal. The pool villa was perfect for our group of 6. Our rooms were all close, but still private, and we had our own little covered space with a family-style table. The FOOD. The food was delectable. I'm always wary of a breakfast buffet, especially in heat like Thailand's, but the staff kept everything fresh, stocked and OH SO DELICIOUS. I loved the variety. They even have seafood barbecues some nights. We went into town some days, but ate mostly on the resort because there was so much to choose from! Then, there's its proximity to town. We could easily and quickly get into town with a short ride where there are heaps of restaurants and bars and shopping. Then there are the surrounding beaches as well - we even found a rope swing! We were able to book kayaks and boat/snorkel trips on the resort as well. The spa had just opened and it was unlike any spa experience I'd ever had. It's open air right on the ocean so you just hear the waves crashing, and I guess it was a traditional Thai massage because I had never had this type of massage before. I was so relaxed and so glad I did it. Every person on staff at the resort was attentive, smiling and friendly. They looked like they truly loved their jobs which is just something that's great to be around. The overall value of this place is incredible. It's a beautiful oasis and a delight to all the senses. I can't wait to come back with my family!

Room Tip: If you're traveling in a group, I definitely recommend the pool villas!
2  Thank Kelsey D