2,840 results
All reviews sunset bar adult pool long tail boat garden bungalow beach front jasmin restaurant sea gypsy laem tong beach beautiful beach our honeymoon maya bay hour trip outdoor shower white sandy beach ferry ride deck chairs relaxing holiday
Reviewed 5 May 2012

The location is great, right on the beach and I'd recommend the bungalows in the 100's, as those are steps away from the beach. The extra excursions are also nice - you can take a boat to a nearby port, island or to go snorkelling.

Beyond that, this is not a luxury stay.

The pool is adequate, nothing special, and they don't have any kids club or activities.

Eating is outdoors, which meant mosquitoes at breakfast and dinner. Food was alternately too salty or bland and mass-produced.

Staff meant well but wasn't responsive. Had to ask three times before getting a kids bed set up.

Rooms are tired...curtains aren't blackout blinds so it's semi-light all night. The walls are thin so if you're in an adjoining bungalow, you can easily hear your neighbors. Bathrooms are dated. Worst was when a cockroach skittered out of our suitcase and up my leg.

I wouldn't return or recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank C V
Rung-aroon K, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2012

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay with us. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. It is IHG's goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotels is.

With best regards,

Rung-aroon

Reviewed 3 May 2012

I was in this hotel last year, I spent there a great week, not the first time on Phi Phi Islands, I'll back again. The holiday inn hotel is very nice, not so good as Zeavola but the price is good.
I got lot of informations about Phi Phi Islands on the site Phi Phi Easy Guide. I'm back to Phi Phi this year.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank huggomartini
Rung-aroon K, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2012

Thank you for your comment and nice to hear that this is your second time to stay with us at Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island. I hope that you were enjoy turquoise water and white sandy beach of the Andaman sea.

We look forward to welcoming you again to the resort and see you again next year.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 May 2012

Perfect place for quiet holiday. Wonderful beach. You can snorkel right there at the buoys and will see the colourful fishes.
We stayed in bungalow on the beach. Simple, clean, has everything what you need. Am sure there are better quality hotels in Phuket. Anyway - I would not go there for any luxury. Only back to Ko Phi Phi Don and same Lam Tong beach (we were avoiding Tonsai Bay known for being crowded and noisy).
Hotel staff was very friendly and helpfull although sometimes their english could be a bit better. Breakfast menu was ok. Dinner: my recomendation go for grilled huge tiger prawns (I've never seen them being so huge) or Red Snaper grilled in banana leaf - delicious!
And do not forget to have once in a while fresh chilled coconut. Scratch with a spoon pulp from inside. Perfect for lunch :)
Wonderful place in the evening - Sunset bar. Take a refreshing drink watching sun going down Andaman sea.
Another nice experience - we took a speed boat from and back to Phuket (expensive but really worthwhile - 1 hour and you are on the island). Although on the way back waves were really big, we got wet and could see thunderstorms when turning back - our big compliments to the captain - he is really the one you can be not afraid of any storms at all. It was a great adventure :)
I will miss that wonderful turquois sea colour, singing birds and few qute small lizards in the room :) Especially when they were so nicely presented (look in the pics).
We stayed there only for 2 nights but I am sure - we will be back at some point of our lives :)

Room Tip: We were happy with bungalow on the beach (as I read in tripadvisor before booking) - there're less mosquitoes in the evening.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank in_love_with_travels

Thank you very much for your comment. It's my great pleasure to know that you had wonderful holidays with us at Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island. According to beverage, you made the right choice with fresh chilled coconut, this is also my favorite drink.

I am sorry to hear that you had faced with big wave on the way back to Phuket, however, I also glad to know that both of you are safe. Please rest assured that all our captains are well train, with their experience, they will be able to take care our customers and handle the situation.

We hope to see you again for your next holidays.

With best regards,

Reviewed 2 May 2012

I stayed at the Holiday Inn for 4 nights in April as part of a trip around Phi Phi.

We paid for a room with a sea view which is exactly what we got! The view from the balcony was incredible, no need to pay extra for a sea front villa.
The rest of the room was pretty average to be honest. Clean yes but nothing special. Also the water pressure wasn't great and the shower kept running very hot and then cold, not great if you have sunburn!
The rest of the complex was lovely. Again really clean and had lots of greenery which made it feel like it was incorporated into the landscape.
During the day there are 2 pools to use and lots of sunbeds. There is also a watersports hut which organises trips off the island if you don't want to just sunbathe.
The night time however was a different story as there was absolutely nothing to do! There is a bar where you can watch the sun set and that is great (and very romantic if youre in a couple) and there is a choice of a buffet style dinner or a la carte. The quality of the food is great, especially the steak but it was quite pricey (for Thailand anyway) and the last order was at 9pm with no le way at all.
Past 10pm the staff were practically shooing you out of the restaurant and the only other place to go was 1 bar on the sea front which was usually completely empty.
All in all a great hotel but one which completely lacks character in the evening. I would recommend going there for a few nights but no more!

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Danniking1984
Nithas S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2016

Thank you very much for taking the time to upload your review and comments like the one you have provided give our team continue motivated in delivering high standards of service.

We hope you will be back to our resort soon!

Best regards,

Reviewed 2 May 2012

The location of the hotel, the beach that hotel is on and the tropical nature that hotel is surrounded by are so good that some people do not see the cons of the hotel i guess.
My rating 'very good' is not for the hotel but mostly for the island and nature.

The rooms are dated, the bathroom needs urgent improvement, service is not good, you generally have to order two times a food/drink, and then maybe remind one time, you have to wait long time for waiter to bring back the change.

However, the lam tong beach that the hotel is on is such a nice heavenly place, the turquoise crystal clear waters are so amazing that you may ignore the bad sides of the hotel. Yes, the rooms are old but you do not spend much time in the room when the nature and the views are so good.

Overall it was relaxing because this part of phi phi island is such a beautiful place to have a great holiday but maybe you should consider other hotels that share the same beach with holiday inn.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank buk81

We hope you will be back to our resort soon!

Best regards,