Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in great prices from these sites
TripadvisorUSD 29
ZenHotels.com
Hotels.comUSD 29
TravelocityUSD 29
Orbitz.comUSD 29
CheapTicketsUSD 29
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 November 2012

As there are no roads on Phi Phi island, you have to walk to the resort. Being of middle age, this is a fair walk if you are not used to it. Also the resort is high up and it is uphill all the way and very steep in some places. This is not for the faint hearted. You have to be relatively fit to stay at this location. Rooms are clean but only to sleep. Nothing happens at this resort so if you want quiet time DURING THE DAY, this is the place for you. Evenings are a nightmare. From 20h00 to 02h00 am in the morning, the music from the bars on the beach is indescribable. This happens every night 365 days of the year. If you want to sleep, this is not the place for you. You cannot cancel your accommodation. They dont allow it. There is NO POOL at this location and the resorts on the island wont let you use their pools as you are not a resident. I hated staying here as it was a mission to get to it everyday and in the evening, the pathway is not lit well at night and the place is strewn with litter, tyres and garbage. In fact it is a total disgrace. It is also smelly in some areas and in certain spots, the smell of sewerage is overpowering. The website for this resort looks fantastic but you are in for a big surprise as you do not get what you see. Breakfast is pretty basic but beautifully presented. Staff are extremely helpful although do not speak English very well. Also when you check out, I felt irritation when management checked our chalets before we left. Maybe they thought we were going to steal something. So basically, not a good location, no pool, nothing happening on the resort, meagre breakfast, having to take utmost care when walking around the location because it is so steep everywhere and then worst of all, not even having a sea view. Having spent 2 and a half weeks in Thailand, I was really disappointed that I had to finish off my holiday at this venue.

Room tip: Must ask for aircon and must be supplied with earplugs. If you are used to rustic, this is the place for you. Not much in the way of good seating. Sit on the bed or outside on the bamboo seat which is uncomfortable.
Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Annamaria K
Reviewed 17 October 2012

This being the 2nd time staying on phi phi we chose to stay on the other end than last time. We hiked through the main area of phi phi up to the resort bout 40 mins. The room was pokey and run down. Great view with large glass windows, but the other bungalows were too close they could see in, which wasn't very appealing. Dont go in low season they shut the restaurant and for breakfast you have to hike back down to the main town to a tiny little restaurant that isn't up to standards and then hike back to clean your teeth. Terrible night sleep could hear the boom boom of the parties until early hours of the morning. Would recommend staying at the arayburi resort over this

Date of stay: January 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank allix5
A Tripadvisor Member
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 23 September 2012 via mobile

Definitely good rooms and cheap, but its too far from the main beach area and the market. Not recommended for poor hikers ;) Also there is loud noise in the night
Otherwise good cleanliness and friendly staff, nice beachview restaurant.

Date of stay: September 2012
1  Thank A Tripadvisor Member
Reviewed 3 September 2012 via mobile

Great view. We had wifi access in the common area and the air conditioning kept us comfortable. Never too hot.
It's a little loud but your only 5min walk from the main party area so you can't have your cake and eat it too.
I loves it and would stay again.

Date of stay: August 2012
1  Thank Mbburfield
Reviewed 29 August 2012

I pre-booked this “hotel” for 3 nights on my trip to Thailand but left after 1. Im am going to try my best to give an unbiased view.

Location:
It is about a 15-20minute walk from Tonsai Pier, do not believe what the website says about a lift to the hotel, we along with other guests had to walk the whole way. The hill is extremely steep I’m 27 and have completed marathons, triathlons and am generally in good shape and I found this a struggle (it could be because for the final & steepest portion of the “climb” you have to take your own bag/bags)

The “road” is not very well paved or lit and at nighttimes I would be concerned about safety. There are resorts all the way up in fairness so my concerns may be unfounded.

Rooms:
We stayed in a Deluxe Seaview Bungalow , the rooms are small not what I would call clean and I felt pretty unsafe. Your “door” is a flimsy patio door that I think if you really wanted to you could pull open. Inside our room there was a door onto a “communal balcony” that we shared with the people in the bungalow behind us. Thankfully our door was a wooden one, theirs again was a patio door not great for security or privacy I would imagine.

There is an old CRT television however none of the stations worked. A safety deposit box is on the same shelf under the window in full view of anybody. There is no fridge, we were provided complimentary water unfortunately this was luke warm due to the heat in the room. There is a small AC beside the bed. They also provide complimentary earplugs

I have spelt on concrete floors that were softer than the bed.

Resort:
The resort looks like it would be nice in a rustic kind of way, unfortunately this is not the case the resort is just not serviced properly. The hotel are aware of the noise issue as they provide earplugs yet have made no efforts in soundproofing the rooms.

Wifi is offered but you must be in range to the router which is in reception. The deluxe seaview rooms are on the other side of the resort so no Wifi

There is a huge issue with the noise in this resort, it is like standing outside a nightclub. You can hear the music so clearly that you could sing and dance along to it. This coupled with the hard bed doesn’t make for a good nights sleep

Staff:
I think here I need to make the distinction between staff and management.
The staff are very nice and polite people, they smile when they meet you and ask if they can help.1 young chap in particular offered to carry my bag and nearly killed himself trying to lift it before I told him im ok carrying my own bag.

Management:
I have never encountered a manager in my life like the manager in this resort, his attitude was basically “I have your Money , I don’t care anymore”. We had booked in for 3 nights after 1 night of non sleep I went to check out and cancel the 2 nights, there was no backdown from his as I had prepaid via agoda. I am currently chasing up agoda to try and either receive money back or to have them knock this resort off their site as it is not 3 stars. At the time I didn’t care I just wanted to get away from the resort as quickly as possible, also they didn’t help me with my bags when I left (not sure if that’s cause of how we left things or its their policy)

You do not want to walk around Phi Phi with 2 20kg bags in 30degree weather.

Overall
This is a shabby resort in a poor location , however the views are truly amazing you could probably overlook it all if it wasn’t for the noise issue (it’s a big problem) and the disgraceful attitude of the management

Room tip: Get a room in a different resort
Date of stay: August 2012