“Amazing!”

Phi Phi Barakuda
Ranked #5 of 43 Tours in Ko Phi Phi Don
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Phi Phi Barakuda has been providing quality dive trips and courses for over 20 years and as a multi award winning Dive Center you can be assured that all dives are planned and supervised to strict SSI/PADI standards. We run morning and afternoon dive trips every day and offer small personal group sizes of 2 students to 1 instructor on courses and 4 divers to a divemaster for fun dives.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Me and My boyfriend went to Phi Phi to get af diving certificat which we did at Barakuda diving center. Thanks to our amazing instructor and her diving Master student we Got the most wonderfull expirience and of course our certificat! We Can absolutly recommend Barakuda Diving center! We felt more than safe!

Thank you so much!

in 9 reviews
"feel comfortable"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Had a wonderful time doing 4dives with Dodo. We hadn't dived for a long time and were a bit nervous as I get sick on boats as well. She was so lovely and took things slowly as I have trouble with my ears. She also managed to find sharks and nudi branches for us! A professional outfit and I can highly recommend. Thanks Dodo, love Sian and Lee. X

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Had a great days diving at the Barracuda. Andrew my instructor was very professional throughout the day, quickly getting my skills back up to scratch and giving me the confidence to get straight back into it. Also Dain one of the other Trainee instructors made it such fun for myself and girlfriend who came along to snorkel and put her at ease. Would highly recommend to anyone.

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

We went there for 2 fun dives on the afternoon. Everybody at the shop are welcoming and smiling. Thank you Amandine for listening too us.

We went both times with Dodo who was great with us, making dives secured but also free as she trusted us. She has a good eye so it is incredible the life we saw in thoose 4 dives (2*2): blacktips, turtle, octopus, cuttlefish, lionfish, scorpionfish... even a strange fish we still need to identify :-)
As we wanted to see sharks Dodo tried to find everytime the right spot so a big thanks for that and also we had 3 different dive spots on 4 as we went two times to Bida Nok which is a great one.

The club has is own boat, they provide excellent food between dives and of course water and fruits. It is the first time where we actually had a choice menu to decide what you want to eat!!

We would come again in this club without a single doubt.

See more reviews
Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

It was my first time a little in panic,
I had a problem with equalizing my ears,
I didn't fill that the guide trying to help .
He told me try the exercise again but he gave up on me very soon .
So I stopped the diving because I was afraid to damage my ears .

When I was in the shop and booked the diving I explained them that I want to do it very slowly and maybe even stay on 3 meters depth and (while selling) he ensured me that's it's up to me.

I don't really have problem with my ears the only thing is that the diving haven't done slow enough for me .

Not how I was promised on the shop that it will be very slow and up to me .

I'm feeling that if the guide didn't give up on me and was trying a little bit more it could work !

PPBThailand, General Manager at Phi Phi Barakuda, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2018

Hi Rami,

I m sorry that you did not enjoy your first dives. There are many things we can do to help you when learning how to dive but we can not equalise your ears for you.

We try repeatedly to help you practise different methods to equalise your ears but if you are not able to do this then we can not safely take you diving. Combined with the fact that you say that you were panicking a little bit the instructor may of decided that your safety was more important than continuing and risking your safety.

I suggest that you try learning some basic scuba diving skills in a controlled environment like a swimming pool so that you can slowly build up your confidence.