All reviews pool access room pp palmtree nice hotel phi phi palm tree pool closes the bell boy short walk to the beach late check swim up bar beach towels great pool restaurants and bars tonsai pier palmtrees balcony ferry island
Reviewed 22 September 2012

There is no good way to describe how horrendous of an experience the five friends and I experienced. In summary, this hotel has the worst service I have ever experienced in my whole life. I travel 6 months out of the year and have never experienced anything like it.

Our trip started in phi phi at one of their sister hotels on the island, "Banyan". We were not impressed and were recommended by a travel agent on the island the Palm tree. The only thing we were told we could not do was, smoke. Which is ok, since none of us do.

The day we moved our luggage I was personally taking scuba classes and when I arrived I was asked to bring my passport down. I said no problem, I just need to shower and unpack and would be down in 15 min. within the next 10 min, I received 6 phone calls with a woman yelling at me. I explained I was getting dressed and on the 6th call(now 10 min mark)that I'd be kicked out if I did not bring my passport. I then calmly explained she'd have to wait and brought it down.

Now if this were the only issue, I definitely would not be writing a bad review. However, in the course of the stay, we repeatedly had issues. We were held up for bribes by security and the front desk for 4,000 baht (2k to the hotel, 2k cash to security and frontdesk) for our friend checking into our 3rd room(she was late and came in at the evening). When we calmly explained that she was the second person in the room, the front desk called 3 security officers, one of which took out his bully club. If there were not a group of us, we would have have been severely hurt.

This sounds very out of this world. But after talking they tried to justify their behavior with a mysterious sign stating, "Any guests arriving after 10pm will be charged 2,000 baht". Not wanting to argue, we produced our credit card, and were then told it had to be cash. Later on, after arguing that they would our passports and let our other friend (filling our 2 person room) but we had to bring cash at 6am.

We won't go on about the hotel anymore, you get the idea. In summary: be ready to bribe the staff, be held up if you bring someone who is not registered correctly, constantly harassed, and to pay a premium. However, if you take out the bad service, the hotel is one of the nicest and convenient on the island. It's unfortunate that, the service is the pits.

• Stayed: September 2012
4  Thank bombadilio
Reviewed 21 September 2012

We loved the rooms and the pool of this hotel and while it is a bit over priced we would probably go back. There was a fairly good selection of food for breakfast and the omlettes were our faviourite. The receptionists weren't particularly friendly but they weren't rude either. There weren't always enough sunbeds by the pool and the pool is rather small. Overall though, this is a good hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2012

There is just one good isuue - The location, The heart of Phi Phi.

The stuff in the reception is not welcoming at all. The rooms are small, smell bad, and very old. The Wi-FI didn't work because the rain, though all other the places in the island had the WI-FI, so we sat in restaurants to have it. The breakfast is clean, but has poor variety. The public areas looked good in the pictures, but not in the reality.

Level of Bad Guest house with hotel's prices- Not recommended at all.

Room Tip: To have another hotel.
1  Thank Matan C
Reviewed 4 September 2012

as we got to Ko Phi Phi Don a man from the hotel pick us up and ran with us in the rain to the hotel.(there are no cars in Ko Phi Phi Don!!).
at the hotel the staff gave us towels umbrellas and took care of us.
in the hotel there is no elevators and no free wifi!!! but great breakfasts and very nice pool!
near the hotel there is meny goodfood and shops.

2  Thank or b
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Stayed for 1 night and was well pleased with the cleanliness and style of our room. The resort is very convienently located in Phi Phi town with walking access to beaches, restuarants, markets and the pier. The breakfast that was provided was good. I would stay at this resort again but feel it would be best suited only for a short stay as the rooms are quite small. Overall a pleasant stay nothing bad about this resort.