“Same Same, but mediocre at best”

Same Same But Different
Ranked #69 of 409 Restaurants in Ko Lanta
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

We were disappointed with our visit to this amazingly positioned restaurant in Kantiang Bay. We were here several times 4 years ago, and enjoyed ourselves then. Lovely atmosphere and lovely food. This no longer appeared to be the case. The staff were not that welcoming, the food was mediocre (red curry that was super oily and coconut soup that was curdled and didn't really have much spice). We really wanted to like it, as we loved the beach side atmosphere four years ago. However, I would not bother. The restaurants at the other end of the bay had more ambiance, better food and much better service.

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

Lovely view and nice atmosphere. A lots of flies were annoying. Service was nice but a little bit pushy because wanted to enjoy our cocktails before ordering the dinner, but that was waiters hard to understand. Cocktails were ok.
Food was ok, average nothing stunning. For me this was same same

Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

We came here for lunch on a recommendation and boy we weren’t disappointed. I had chicken cashew and I can honestly say it’s the best I’ve had. Although it wasn’t quite the traditional cashew chicken I’m use to. Their take on it was delicious. My partner had beef in oyster sauce and his was awesome too. More expensive than your average Thai place but the setting was lovely. Lovely quiet beach. Swim followed by lunch and a beer was a perfect day for me

Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

Beautiful view and beach , friendly staff, food good quality Thai, not really hot local feel to it but still authentic and tasty. Rice and veg great and the curry, lovely watermelon too

Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

What a location! Beautiful trees & white sand beach... But while the nature was very welcoming, the staff seemed like they had better things to do than to serve the customers. The food was okay, but nothing spectacular.