We spent 5 days at Baan Laanta and we didn't want to leave. The location is amazing if you are looking for calm and rejuvenating rest. The resort is located right next to a beautiful beach, which is not overpopulated, so you can have privacy and a lot of space. There are a lot of shops and places to eat on the street next to the resort, but you will rarely need to go there :) On the beach there are some rocky parts, so be careful with your feet or get around to find the clear sandy spots.
There are several very good places to eat on the beach - we tried Baan Laanta restaurant, the restaurant next to Why not bar and Same, same, but different at the far end of the beach. Same, same is definitely our favourite atmosphere-wise. Food was great in all three.
If you're looking for entertainment Why Not bar is the place - live music, interaction with the audience and amazing fire show at the beach in front of the bar, every night around 9:30 pm.
The resort itself is comfortable, great pool area. Spacious rooms and great beds. The bungalows are a bit old, which is visible, but they are still very good for the price. The staff is super helpful and cheerful, we felt welcomed and taken care of.
There is a bar in the resort, one next to it plus Why Not bar, so it might get a little noisy, especially if you have bungalow with a sea view. The good news is they all close around 12 o'clock, so you can sleep undisturbed. If you go to bed earlier, get ear plugs.
If you want a massage - go to the place next to Why Not bar. We were totally unimpressed with the quality of the massage at the resort studio.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Baan Laanta Resort & Spa is a beach-chic, boutique resort offering 15 stylish and elegant, traditional Thai-style villa bungalows, located on the beach in Kan Tiang Bay. Set within an unspoiled natural bay on the western coast of Ko Lanta, Baan Laanta Resort offers the perfect haven for a relaxing holiday or long weekend. Each beautifully designed villa is only a few steps away from the ocean and offers simple luxury with an elegant touch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Ctrip TA, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Booking.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Cancelon so you can book your Baan Laanta Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baan Laanta Resort And Spa
- Baan Laanta Hotel Ko Lanta
- Baan Laanta Resort & Spa Ko Lanta, Krabi