All reviewsbaan lantakantiang baywhy not barplace to sleepmosquito netbeach viewgreen seasonbreakfast includedbeautiful poolstayed for nightshigh seasonbars and restaurantsresortthailandshadowkohpier
Reviewed 8 January 2012

We paid for the hew year gala event. Place looked really nice, tables set up on the beach. As I sat down the chair that I sat on had a nail sticking out of it, the nail torn a hole on my "expensive new years shirt" and a cut to my back. I complained to the duty manager, and sort of got fobbed of and to go and see them the next day. The next day I called at reception and was met by a very nice lady, but she was under instruction to offer me a voucher for a meal that night!!! I explained that I was leaving the resort today, made no difference, the owner or manager refused to meet me, so end result a ruined good shirt and bad customer service!!!

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank Marc011
Reviewed 6 January 2012

Excellent place to stay. All rooms are huts around the pool and 30 seconds walk to the beach down some steps. Food is very good and reasonably, staff are friendly and the Beach bar is chilled and reasonably priced.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank djelc
Reviewed 1 January 2012

Gorgeous hotel - the spa is fantastic. Staff are friendly and they look after you so well. Kantiang Bay is fantastic - I think it is the nicest spot on Lanta. Highly recommended

Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank ThaiTravels2011
Reviewed 23 December 2011

We booked a few nights at Baan Lanta as part of our honeymoon. They placed us in Room 1 and the room itself was not bad. However, bright neon lights shined through our room curtains and loud music was playing from the bar/beach well after midnight. We packed our bags that night and left for another hotel.

We returned to the hotel in the morning to request a refund. The front desk stated that they would charge us a 2nd night (early check out penalty) but refund the remaining two nights. We were not happy about paying for an additional night and even more disappointed that no one from the hotel or Agoda has followed up regarding the refund (now going on 2 weeks).

I do not recommend staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: Do not stay in Room 1.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JustinSeattle
Reviewed 16 December 2011

Again on Kantiang bay, this time at Baan Laanta... what a relaxed time we had. We've booked our bungalow over the net (very good price). The bungalow was with great/ets view (I think someone recommended No15). The pool at BL is good size (not that big), clean, maintained every day, just like the rest of the resort (clean bathroom/beach towels daily). One of the reasons for our return at Kantiang is the BaanLaanta restaurant. Grilled fish/sea food every night, delicious. What to ask more on Thailand's Island? Oh yes, the weather... it was excellent too ;)

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple