We discovered Mook Lanta by chance, having decided to switch hotels to be closer to the beach (we began our stay on Koh Lanta in the town of Saladan). After visiting a couple of hotels in the Long Beach area, we stumbled across Mook Lanta and its friendly, funny and personable manager Chai. If you're looking for a place right on the beach, this is not the place for you. The beach is technically only 2 mins away but it's a rocky section of Long Beach which means you need to walk another 5-10 mins for the white sandy beach. That said, for us, the location was good: in between the beach and the main road, in a quiet lush garden - the owners have done a great job of building the bungalows around the natural beauty of the area. The garden of palm trees, banana trees and tropical flowers.
There are 2 types of bungalow both built on stilts above the watery garden - the more traditional, rustic bamboo bungalows with fan (less expensive and too dark for our liking) and the concrete bungalows with A/C, satellite TV, big windows leading on to a balcony, and a quirky outdoor shower. We went for the latter and ended up spending 8 nights here when we only planned to spend 2.
The rooms are designed with some style (for the price range), they are pretty clean, plus the balcony facing the lush interior garden, and the large outdoor shower are nice features.
The bed is a good size, not too hard, with decent sheets.
We only at breakfast here once and it was fine: the usual eggs, toast, ham and fruit, plus tea/coffee and juices. As far as eating options go there isn't a restaurant in the hotel, but it doesn't matter given all of the great options on the main road within 5 mins walk.
It's worth noting that we've been backpacking for several months and therefore we don't critique our accomodation with the same eyes as we would if we were on a short holiday. So our only complaints with the hotel are that we had ants in our room on 2 occasions (which is pretty normal in the tropics), but the manager took care of it promptly each time.
For us, one of the biggest assets of Mook Lanta is it's manager Chai. Not only is he super friendly and fun - a real character! - but he's also very knowledgeable about Koh Lanta and can help book anything you may need on your trip (motobikes, cooking classes, transport, etc) at a reasonable price (i.e without adding a huge commission).
We would definitely come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mook Lanta Eco Resort, offers beautiuful Thai style bungalows in a picturesque secluded gardens. Located on the most popular beach of Phra Ae (Long Beach) we are close to all that Koh Lanta has to offer. Our bungalows range from large family air conditioned bungalows through to inexpensive fan Bungalows. We have Free Wifi throughout the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hooroo Pty Ltd, Expedia APAC, TripOnline SA, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Priceline, lastminute.com.au, Ctrip TA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mook Lanta Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mook Lanta Boutique Resort And Spa
- Mook Lanta Boutique Hotel Ko Lanta
- Mook Lanta Boutique Ko
- Mook Lanta Resort Ko Lanta, Krabi