All reviewsbeach frontstay there againthe main roadthai foodstayed here for nightstvaccommodationlantasunbedscats
Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

It was our 1st time visiting Thailand, so we would have been quite happy staying anywhere as we were on our holidays and nothing was going to get in the way of this {the rain was a bit disappointing tho). But we were very very happy with the Lanta Island Resort. The bungalow was all you needed and a large fridge. On booking we asked for our accommodation to be as close to the beach as possible. So when we arrived at check in to be told we had room 1 (10 seconds to the beach) we were made up. The tropical gardens were lovely and all I can say is on your visit youwill not be dissapointed. The staff, bar staff, massage staff all were great. Very happy people. The rooms were cleaned everyday bedding and towels changed daily. Thank you Lanta Island Resort for a wonderful stay

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

Location nice but you will find no tv and no water boiler. Breakfast att the beach but we went to Arnees on the main street, which was better. The area is cosy with fishdams, green trees byt the mosquito likes that too.

Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights. It’s in a really good spot, right at the beach, which was never too crowded.

There’s a pool table and reasonably priced drinks at the bar, and fire dancers nightly, just a few doors down on the beach.

There’s also a restaurant on the other end of the well-kept grounds that serves German food as well as Thai food. Pretty darn good, and nice for a change if that’s your thing.

The pool and pool area are nice, and there is also a sauna nearby.

This is a good place for families, and mostly full of Europeans.

The bungalow we stayed in was clean and unadorned. nothing fancy but good for the price. The lobby staff were friendly and helpful.

Two small nitpicks:

The restaurant at the beach is a bit overpriced for food, and the wait staff were generally slow and unwelcoming. Maybe I just caught them on a bad day

Also the artwork in our bungalow was baffling and hilarious. And awful. (Pictured below)

Joking aside, this was a beautiful stay for a fair price. Would likely stay here again.

1  Thank Luke S
Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

This perhaps is under new ownership and it looks great. The rooms are very clean (but quite boring) and I loved the whole atmosphere of the resort. The proximity to the beach was great and the resort was quiet and pleasant as well.
The bar decor right on the beach and is lovely and I absolutely loved the tiki theme. The staff- not so much. Every morning a very miserable woman waits on you for breakfast and while I never expect great service in Thailand the service at this bar is so bad it was laughable. Every table around us was in the same boat and you have to really flag down a server and they seem quite agitated you are there. It didn't stop us from going there as I loved the setting and decor and there was one server who was super sweet. The owner really needs to either fire the staff and start again or at least train the servers on being somewhat polite.
The pool is also nice but could have been cleaned a bit more and perhaps mosquito repellant out as we could not really lay by the pool as the bugs were bad. There is also a bar there that wasn't utilized and I think that could be a great money maker for them.
While we really did truly enjoy the location and the looks of the place. I would stay there again and if the owners retrained the staff this would be a five star for me all around.

1  Thank Tina M
Reviewed 3 April 2017 via mobile

Big nice looking room. We had a family bungalow. Close to a beach perfect for children. The pool ok. Kids liked the nice pond with fishes and a little bridge. Sunbeds at the beach. The worst thing is that breakfast is not included. You can buy each breakfast "thing" separately.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family