“Very disappointed but should have heeded the warnings from the lower ratings”

The Seven Seas Wine Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #78 of 409 Restaurants in Ko Lanta
Cuisines: European
Reviewed 10 March 2018

Ambience, view over Kantiang Bay phenomenal. For cocktails and watching the sunset, this would be a 5 rating. The cocktails were the best we had in Ko Lanta over our two week stay.

Dinner dishes, not so good. We started with the bisque soup and seared scallops. The bisque is best described as a fish broth with lobster bits. The scallops had the potential of being a good dish but unfortunately, they were over cooked and ended up being rubbery. Pointed this out to the waitress and received a visit from the head waitress apologising for the disappointing quality. Ok, nice that they apologised.

On to the mains, my wife had grilled prawns which were okay. The same dish we have had at other restaurants in the area which were considerably cheaper and more flavourful. The Sea Bass is their signature dish and has received multiple positive reviews. I am a huge fan of Sea Bass and have had it prepared in many restaurants around the world. Needless to say, they over cooked this as well. Ate a couple bites and stopped. Again, we received a visit from the head waitress where she did offer to replace the Sea Bass with another dish but at this point, the evening was a write off.

As most reviews indicated, the service is good for the area. But the food quality does not match the hype.

Any foodie considering this establishment, beware.

Happy travels.

MirkoLangiu, Director of Food & Beverage at The Seven Seas Wine Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2018

Dear briky69,

We take into great consideration all comments, so I thank you for your yours as well.
Nice to hear, you enjoyed the good service and that you the cocktails you had at the Seven Seas were the best you had on koh Lanta.
Most of the comments we receive for this restaurant are excellent and several times in the past years The Seven Seas Restaurant has also been awarded the prestigious accolade of Best Thailand Restaurant by Tatler; of course, however, we understand that different guests might have different tastes, and sometimes it might happen that some guests find some of the dishes not to their liking. Sometimes, might also happen, that mistakes were made in the process of cooking, and we will certainly continue working hard to make sure these are minimized. So I thank you again for your comments, which I will certainly review with our Chef, so that on your next visit we might cook your dishes in your favourite way: we want all our guests to fully enjoy their dishes to their liking.

Reviewed 27 February 2018

We had dinner at the Seven Seas during a special buffet featuring Japanese, Thai, and Italian cuisines. Everything was extremely delicious and kudos to the chef for everything but especially for the amazing sushi and crab salad. The service was impeccable as everywhere in the Pimalai Resort and the cocktails unforgettable during the sunset. As it was our last night at Pimalai Resort, having drinks and dinner at Seven Seas was a wonderful way to end our vacation in Koh Lanta.

MirkoLangiu, Director of Food & Beverage at The Seven Seas Wine Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2018

Dear SophiaK,

Thank you very much for dedicating part of your precious time to share your experience at The Seven Seas restaurant.
The buffet you are referring to is our popular East Meets West, which gives a very varied selection of food from different countries to please even the most selective palates.
Being The Seven Seas located about 80 meters above sea level, it offers an amazing panoramic ocean view over Kantiang Bay, so it is definitely also a good idea to start the evening there with one's favourite cocktails.

Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

Too bad this place didn’t meet my expectations. The view is spectacular, drinks are great, the workers mediocre and the food displeasing.
I thought from the reviews I would be more satisfied. The waitress highly recommended the lobster even though I had told her my other choices I was leaning for. When I didn’t get barely any lobster and she forgot the drawn butter she had no reaction when I complained. She also told me the restaurant would de shell it. What a waste of time and money in my thoughts. My husband had the sea bass and he enjoyed it. Not nearly as the rave we thought it would be.
I would expect higher class service at this type of restaurant, better quality food, and satisfying the customer when not happy. I declined a couple stars for the food and service. Was hoping for something better with the reviews.

Mirko L, Director of Food & Beverage at The Seven Seas Wine Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

Dear JM,

I am sorry to hear you did not like your lobster; the waitress, indeed suggested to you , because we had been receiving very good feedback about it from many guests and it is very unfortunate that the end this was not to your liking.
We appreciate and consider very seriously all comments, so we did investigate your case with the waitress who attended your table: she does not recall any complaint on your part, so it is possible there was some misunderstanding (although her English is quite good), or maybe you had moved it in such a polite and kind way that she did not get the message you actually intended to deliver? My apologies for this. I wish you had let the restaurant manager know of this issue immediately, as I am sure she would have replaced your order immediately, before you ate it, and you would have had a better experience.
I hope you will come to visit us again so; if you do so, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will make sure you too fully enjoy the great food and service for which this restaurant is continuously praised.

Reviewed 13 December 2017

Some tables have better ambience than others so best to reserve one of the better ones in High Season. Perfectly cooked modern European food - sometimes with a mix of Thai. Service as ever was impeccable

Mirko L, Director of Food & Beverage at The Seven Seas Wine Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2017

Dear Khun PaulRR,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our fine dining restaurant; you are absolutely right advising guests to reserve their table in advance, especially if they would like one of the very popular tables on the terrace, with a breathtaking view over Ban Kantiang Beach.
Also happy hear you enjoyed the "perfectly cooked" food and that you found that "the service as ever was impeccable". I will certainly share your compliments with my culinary and serving Team to give them the big pat in the shoulder they deserve.

Koh Lanta

Reviewed 28 November 2017

This is a great restaurant on the Hillside with superb food and drinks. Highly Recommended! The views are just Amazing!

Mirko L, Director of Food & Beverage at The Seven Seas Wine Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

Dear Travellingiguana,

Thank you for your positive review, which highlighted in a nutshell some of the best points of The Seven Seas Restaurants: "superb food and drinks" and "view are amazing".
Hope o see you soon again.