We spent 4 nights at Baan KanTiang See at the end of April with our group that included 2 young children and 4 adults. Wish it was longer. As the other reviews have noted, this place exceeds expectations. Our Villa, the White Villa, was beautifully furnished, with an unbeatable location perched high on a peak overlooking jungle, mountains, and Kantiang Bay. We were in the pool daily, saw monkeys from our balcony (which the staff advised us to spray with water should they approach and which we learned first hand was an effective deterrent), and actually enjoyed the very short walk it was to the beach - certainly not inconvenient by any stretch. The design is awesome - the bedrooms are a long way from one another, so light sleepers needn't fear being distrubed, the kitchen is huge, and the balcony furnished with a bunch of lounging options. We ate on our patio 3 out of the 4 nights, ordering in food from nearby restaurants, as the view from up there of the sunset across the Andaman just couldn't be beat.
What really put this place over the top is their service. Trips and Massages were easily arranged. The rooms were arranged with a keen eye for detail. We had our laundry done on the last day, and took a boat to Koh Ngai the following day (which, on a Sunday without a ferry, the staff worked hard with our next hotel to get us good value for the trip). When we arrived on Koh Ngai, we noticed we were missing a bag, which given the boat ride we assumed was lost for good. Later that morning we were advised that the staff at Baan Kantiang had arranged for it to be delivered on the next longtail boat, and that we'd have the clothing by mid-afternoon! Very surprised at this level of commitment, which virtually ensures we'll be repeat customers.
Very happy to throw in my two cents for a place that deserves the praise it receives.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "PANORAMA VILLA RESORT" Our villas (176 sqm). The villas are suited for two couples or families offering two bedrooms with queen size bed, two bathrooms with outdoor showers, fully equipped kitchen with all you need for making meals at home, living room with 37" a flat screen TV and monitor for international channels, wireless internet, and computer usage. Extra beds for kids are available. Baby cots are also available upon request. Each bedroom has an individual controlled air-condition unit. In addition, for those who prefer to sleep with open doors and windows, there are mounted mosquito net and ceiling fan ready for you to choose. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au, Agoda, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Baan KanTiang See Villa Resort (2 bedroom villas) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baan Kantiang See Hotel Ko Lanta
- Baan KanTiang See Villa Resort (2 Bedroom Villas) Ko Lanta, Krabi