I write this as I sit on the sun deck of our house/room of the Baan Kantiang See enjoying what could be one of the best views in Thailand. The property is situated on the top of the mountain over looking Ban Kantiang beach giving it stunning south west views of the Andaman sea, beach below and surrounding mountains. We found almost no reason to leave during our time here and have extended our stay twice already. The resort is more a collection of fully functioning two bedroom houses (complete kitchens) than a resort. If you ignore some very minor details, which is pretty easy when looking at this view, it's close to 5 star. It's right at the southern end of the island so you need some determination to get here but it's worth it. The infinity pool is small but we had almost exclusive use of it while here and it's perfectly positioned in relation to sea and sky to maximize the infinity effect and make a "must take" photo shot. BUT A WORD OF WARNING. There seems to a turf war between the hotel and a group of monkeys. While we were warned to keep all our doors closed while we were out because of the monkeys they brazenly and aggressively (snarling) approached us while we in the pool and kept us at bay while they ransacked our things looking for food. It might have been more scary if not for the fact that in the middle of this the larger male decided to mate with one of his harem right in front of next to the pool giving our son a real life "Animal Planet" moment! Trying to prove his strength I guess. Meanwhile a group of them went through the house and checked out anything not locked up or nailed down. I made a dash for help to the front desk and three of them charged, driving me back to the relatively safe confines of the pool. With the help of three staff members we drove the monkeys back into the jungle but were woken by them again this morning on the roof of our house. All of this was a bit unnerving for our young boy. This may not be enough to keep us away from this place but keep an eye on the kids!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "PANORAMA VILLA RESORT" Our villas (176 sqm). The villas are suited for two couples or families offering two bedrooms with queen size bed, two bathrooms with outdoor showers, fully equipped kitchen with all you need for making meals at home, living room with 37" a flat screen TV and monitor for international channels, wireless internet, and computer usage. Extra beds for kids are available. Baby cots are also available upon request. Each bedroom has an individual controlled air-condition unit. In addition, for those who prefer to sleep with open doors and windows, there are mounted mosquito net and ceiling fan ready for you to choose. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Expedia APAC, TripOnline SA, Hooroo Pty Ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Baan KanTiang See Villa Resort (2 bedroom villas) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baan Kantiang See Hotel Ko Lanta
- Baan KanTiang See Villa Resort (2 Bedroom Villas) Ko Lanta, Krabi