USD 58
USD 68
USD 65
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Koh Ngai Thanya Beach Resort(Ko Ngai)(Great Value!)
USD 110
USD 57
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 79/night.

Mayalay Beach Resort(Ko Ngai)(Great Value!)
USD 50
USD 49
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewssevenseas resortbeachfront villaoutdoor bathroomfishmr birdopen airemerald cavebeach frontlast stoptrang airportlow tideair conwhite sandother placeslong tailparadise islandother islands
Reviewed 16 August 2017

Family of four with teenage children, stayed a week in the low season.
I'll get the bad stuff out of the way first. The dive centre is not open in low season. Sometimes your food doesn't arrive all at once. At times you need to be at least aware of the occasional jellyfish. I wasn't, got stung, felt a little sorry for myself for a couple of hours but then the pain subsided and I went back in the water. Most staff have fairly limited English. That's it.
Given the quality of our two large beachfront huts, the outstanding food, the relentlessly helpful and cheerful staff and, above all, the location, this was stunningly good value.
The island is incredible. The beach has been voted one of the top ten in the world (Guardian newspaper) but what no-one tells you is that in low season, you have it to yourself. On our last morning I walked the entire east coast of the island and saw three people. It gets better: depending on the tide and clarity of the water, the snorkelling varies between good and excellent (though never quite outstanding) but best of all you can do it all from the beach. Just roll out of bed, into the water, a ten minute swim to the reef, (at mid to low tide you can walk most of the way) and you can spend hours looking at a great variety of reef fish and coral that seems to be recovering well from the tsunami. If this doesn't make the island unique, then the fact that if you walk the other way, right across the middle of this exceptionally thin island, you can have Sunset Beach literally to yourself with ten foot rolling waves strong enough to keep a couple of teenagers amused for hours. The contrast between the usually dead flat east coast and the quite wild west was extraordinary.
As for the resort, it was spotlessly clean, beautifully appointed and the rooms came with freeze you solid air-con which i particularly appreciated. Enormous beds too: we have a super king at home and ours was way bigger than that. We ate Thai food almost all the time but the western options are simple but good. And while most other resorts on the island are closed, there was an excelled Italian owned and run restaurant a five minute walk up the beach doing pizza, pasta and more Thai food.
As for the weather - the reason people stay away at this time of year - we lost one morning to bad weather in eight days on the island. Maybe we were lucky, maybe we weren't. I just report as I find.
In short, although the island requires a bit of travel to reach (usually a flight from Bangkok to Trang, then an hour in a car, then a highly entertaining long boat ride across the Andaman Sea but the hotel arranges all such transfers), I'd recommend it to anyone who wants all the fundamentals of a great beach holiday and is not going to sweat the little stuff to much. For the money, the facilities, the island, the beach, the reef and the off-season weather were, to us, a complete revelation.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank mutrot
Reviewed 7 July 2017

So firstly I have to say this place is BEAUTIFUL. You cannot fault its beauty and there is so much to see in the sea and even on land. It is an unspoiled place in Thailand. However, I want to warn anyone travelling there who has blonde hair, that the water on this Island is rusty. This includes the sea, the pool water, the water that you shower in. I had bright blonde hair before I went and after a day or two of being on the island I realized that my hair was changing colour. Essentially the rusty water was absorbed into my hair and turned it the colour of rust (bright orange) and I haven't been able to go blonde again due to how much it damaged my hair. I don't think it would have been as bad if I hadn't had it dyed a week before I went out as your hair follicles are open, but I think it would have still happened to some degree. I just want to warn any travellers that may be going there and I would HATE for this to happen to someone else.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bex N
Reviewed 29 April 2017

Overall
We stayed here for 2 weeks, from the end of March until mid April. If you really want to relax, this is the place for you cause there isn't much to do. For us it's perfect since this is main purpose of our vacation.
Sun, white sand. warm water, nice people, excellent food. What more to excpect?!

We stayed in a beachfront villa. The villas are situated maybe 30-40 meters from the beach in the greenery, so it is partial sea view. The villas are OK, maybe not as goodlooking as in the photos and my guess, sligtly smaller than the mentioned 85 m2. Water pressure is also soso. The water is ok for brushing your teeth and showering, but should bee kept away from white clothes since it is not really "clean".
Beds are big and comfy and the room was always keept nice and tidy by the wonderfull staff.
If you are a bit uncomfortable with insects, small lizards and such around and sometimes in the villa, you should consider not coming here. I see some people wine about it in other reviews, but for god sake, it is a tropical island. What to expect!? We are the visitors, not the animals!
Bring a power strip. Not many sockets to charge from...

Beach
The beach is really great. Nice coral sand and is keept clean by the staff.
The southern part of the beach can be quite crowded during daytime since there are lot's of day tours coming to the island. They stay maybe for an hour or two and then they move on. After 3pm it slows down again.
There is also a big difference between high and low tide. Probalby 3-4 meters at most. If it is a really low tide you have to walk several hundred meters before you reach the water.

Breakfast is a bit "thin" but Ok.
For the evening - if you like the thai couisine, in my opinion, the restaurant at the resort is the best on the island. If not this is for you, pizza, burgers and a lot of other western food is also avaliable. Compared to the rest of Thailand the food is a little bit pricy since everything is transported here by boat as everything else.
Some examples:
Singha: 130 baht
Thai curry: 300+ baht
Steamed whole fish: 500 baht
Fruit drinks: 140 baht
Water bottle 50 cl: 70 baht
Seafood or papaya salad: 270 baht

I think we got below 900 baht only twice during our stay.

Diving and snorkeling
The snorkeling at the house reef is quite good. Compared to the Maldives, not so good, but for Thailand, the best I've experienced here so far. For an not so experienced snorkeler, you will probably find it awesome. Diving is also quide good. We did 10 dives and all of them reasonably ok. Visilbility maybe 10 m in average. It doesn't get better since the overall depth in the surrounding water is about 15 - 20 meters. Due to that, sand and other sediment is stirred up to easily from the bottom limiting visibility.
Yot, the local dive guide at the small dive center is awesome and will take good care of you if you want to go diving. All dives start from longtail boats and you always do two dives. Prices start at 2900 baht / person per day and up + equipment rental.
It can sometimes also be quite windy. If then you're in a longtail you will get wet. A recommendation is to bring a water proof bag to keep your not so waterproof stuff in if you go diving...

KBR market
You get four 50 cl bottles of water per day in the villa. If that's not enough you can buy 1 liter bottles for 40 baht at the local store (KBR market). They also have ice cream, beer, chips, small selection of nuts. Not much more...Only store on the island.

There is no ATM at the island but most places take credit cards except KBR, A couple of 1000 baht can be useful to have...

What else...
There are three beaches on the west side of the island. One of them, Sunset beach, is quite easy to find, but the most northern you can only reach when there is a low tide and also some jungle trecking included. You will find a path through the jungle at the most narrow point of the iland about 1½ km north of the resort along the beach. There is a rope hanging down from a tree which you can use to get to the path that leads through the jungle.
At low tide you can also reach the most northern tip of the island if you want to go on a small excurision. From the resort it is about 6 km back and forth.

All i all
We usually never go back to a destination twice, but to Koh Kradan and SevenSeas we actually consider coming back to. The overall impression is really good!

We like small, quiet places, with not to many tourists, not to exploited, a bit maniana. This is probably one of very few places left in Thailand not overexpolited so thumbs up from us!!

/ Mike

Room Tip: You'll regret it if you don't choose a beachfront villa.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
12  Thank Mike73R
Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

I stayed in the Sevenseas resort with my husband a couple of nights in late April.

We came from Koh Lanta where fortunately we only had a quick stopover; looking for a beautiful beach and exciting snorkeling destination we came to Koh Kradan, and found it there.

The beach in rather small, but quiet, the sand is golden and soft, the water - clear, light turquoise, making it home to the variety of fish, especially fun to watch by the nearby coral reef.

We spent the first few nights in the beachfront villa (Siri, nr 106).

It was spacious, and came with an outside deck. Unfortunately, it was hard to use it as it was infested with ants; at night you would get attacked by the hordes of mosquitoes, much present around this time of the year.

The villa in itself was nice, but given the price a few improvements would come a long way.

Mosquito screens would be the first, softer pillows, better cleaning and housekeeping service (I.e. folding pjs instead throwing and leaving them on the nearby counter), more beach towels would be next.

We then moved to the Deluxe Room (#210), which was great - upstairs on the 2nd floor, and even though we didn't see the sea, we loved the jungle feel of the garden, and all incredible sounds coming from it (mainly chirping birds).
We liked it more than the villa, with much more bang for our buck.

Overall, truly amazing experience if you look for a quiet, relaxing vacation on a beautiful beach.

We traveled extensively and Koh Kradan places now as one of our favorite beach destinations in Thailand, alongside Koh Kood, and Koh Tao.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KPRENYC
Reviewed 14 March 2017

This resort is absolutely wonderful; situated right on the beautiful beach of Ko Kradan, it has to be experienced before you can believe it. Fine, clean and tidy rooms with air con and outside bathroom- we even had a nesting bird as company in ours! The restaurant is excellent; top quality local ingredients made by very competent and friendly staff. There always seemed to be a member of staff waiting to assist you. Especially a wonderful fellow called Mr. Bird was exceptional- he helped us in an emergency situation without any kind of fluster or trouble. Hereby stating that all members of the staff were also exceptional! We will certainly be returning to Seavenseas Resort in the immediate future.

Room Tip: The second row villas are a good choice, as they are a little quieter and less expensive than those situated right close to the beach.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple