USD 101
  • Breakfast included
Paradise Lost(Ko Kradan)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
All reviewssevenseas resortbeachfront villaoutdoor bathroomfishmr birdopen airemerald cavebeach frontlast stoptrang airportlow tideair conwhite sandother placeslong tailparadise islandother islands
Reviewed 7 July 2017

So firstly I have to say this place is BEAUTIFUL. You cannot fault its beauty and there is so much to see in the sea and even on land. It is an unspoiled place in Thailand. However, I want to warn anyone travelling there who has blonde hair, that the water on this Island is rusty. This includes the sea, the pool water, the water that you shower in. I had bright blonde hair before I went and after a day or two of being on the island I realized that my hair was changing colour. Essentially the rusty water was absorbed into my hair and turned it the colour of rust (bright orange) and I haven't been able to go blonde again due to how much it damaged my hair. I don't think it would have been as bad if I hadn't had it dyed a week before I went out as your hair follicles are open, but I think it would have still happened to some degree. I just want to warn any travellers that may be going there and I would HATE for this to happen to someone else.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bex N
Reviewed 29 April 2017

Overall
We stayed here for 2 weeks, from the end of March until mid April. If you really want to relax, this is the place for you cause there isn't much to do. For us it's perfect since this is main purpose of our vacation.
Sun, white sand. warm water, nice people, excellent food. What more to excpect?!

We stayed in a beachfront villa. The villas are situated maybe 30-40 meters from the beach in the greenery, so it is partial sea view. The villas are OK, maybe not as goodlooking as in the photos and my guess, sligtly smaller than the mentioned 85 m2. Water pressure is also soso. The water is ok for brushing your teeth and showering, but should bee kept away from white clothes since it is not really "clean".
Beds are big and comfy and the room was always keept nice and tidy by the wonderfull staff.
If you are a bit uncomfortable with insects, small lizards and such around and sometimes in the villa, you should consider not coming here. I see some people wine about it in other reviews, but for god sake, it is a tropical island. What to expect!? We are the visitors, not the animals!
Bring a power strip. Not many sockets to charge from...

Beach
The beach is really great. Nice coral sand and is keept clean by the staff.
The southern part of the beach can be quite crowded during daytime since there are lot's of day tours coming to the island. They stay maybe for an hour or two and then they move on. After 3pm it slows down again.
There is also a big difference between high and low tide. Probalby 3-4 meters at most. If it is a really low tide you have to walk several hundred meters before you reach the water.

Breakfast is a bit "thin" but Ok.
For the evening - if you like the thai couisine, in my opinion, the restaurant at the resort is the best on the island. If not this is for you, pizza, burgers and a lot of other western food is also avaliable. Compared to the rest of Thailand the food is a little bit pricy since everything is transported here by boat as everything else.
Some examples:
Singha: 130 baht
Thai curry: 300+ baht
Steamed whole fish: 500 baht
Fruit drinks: 140 baht
Water bottle 50 cl: 70 baht
Seafood or papaya salad: 270 baht

I think we got below 900 baht only twice during our stay.

Diving and snorkeling
The snorkeling at the house reef is quite good. Compared to the Maldives, not so good, but for Thailand, the best I've experienced here so far. For an not so experienced snorkeler, you will probably find it awesome. Diving is also quide good. We did 10 dives and all of them reasonably ok. Visilbility maybe 10 m in average. It doesn't get better since the overall depth in the surrounding water is about 15 - 20 meters. Due to that, sand and other sediment is stirred up to easily from the bottom limiting visibility.
Yot, the local dive guide at the small dive center is awesome and will take good care of you if you want to go diving. All dives start from longtail boats and you always do two dives. Prices start at 2900 baht / person per day and up + equipment rental.
It can sometimes also be quite windy. If then you're in a longtail you will get wet. A recommendation is to bring a water proof bag to keep your not so waterproof stuff in if you go diving...

KBR market
You get four 50 cl bottles of water per day in the villa. If that's not enough you can buy 1 liter bottles for 40 baht at the local store (KBR market). They also have ice cream, beer, chips, small selection of nuts. Not much more...Only store on the island.

There is no ATM at the island but most places take credit cards except KBR, A couple of 1000 baht can be useful to have...

What else...
There are three beaches on the west side of the island. One of them, Sunset beach, is quite easy to find, but the most northern you can only reach when there is a low tide and also some jungle trecking included. You will find a path through the jungle at the most narrow point of the iland about 1½ km north of the resort along the beach. There is a rope hanging down from a tree which you can use to get to the path that leads through the jungle.
At low tide you can also reach the most northern tip of the island if you want to go on a small excurision. From the resort it is about 6 km back and forth.

All i all
We usually never go back to a destination twice, but to Koh Kradan and SevenSeas we actually consider coming back to. The overall impression is really good!

We like small, quiet places, with not to many tourists, not to exploited, a bit maniana. This is probably one of very few places left in Thailand not overexpolited so thumbs up from us!!

/ Mike

Room Tip: You'll regret it if you don't choose a beachfront villa.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
12  Thank Mike73R
Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

I stayed in the Sevenseas resort with my husband a couple of nights in late April.

We came from Koh Lanta where fortunately we only had a quick stopover; looking for a beautiful beach and exciting snorkeling destination we came to Koh Kradan, and found it there.

The beach in rather small, but quiet, the sand is golden and soft, the water - clear, light turquoise, making it home to the variety of fish, especially fun to watch by the nearby coral reef.

We spent the first few nights in the beachfront villa (Siri, nr 106).

It was spacious, and came with an outside deck. Unfortunately, it was hard to use it as it was infested with ants; at night you would get attacked by the hordes of mosquitoes, much present around this time of the year.

The villa in itself was nice, but given the price a few improvements would come a long way.

Mosquito screens would be the first, softer pillows, better cleaning and housekeeping service (I.e. folding pjs instead throwing and leaving them on the nearby counter), more beach towels would be next.

We then moved to the Deluxe Room (#210), which was great - upstairs on the 2nd floor, and even though we didn't see the sea, we loved the jungle feel of the garden, and all incredible sounds coming from it (mainly chirping birds).
We liked it more than the villa, with much more bang for our buck.

Overall, truly amazing experience if you look for a quiet, relaxing vacation on a beautiful beach.

We traveled extensively and Koh Kradan places now as one of our favorite beach destinations in Thailand, alongside Koh Kood, and Koh Tao.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KPRENYC
Reviewed 14 March 2017

This resort is absolutely wonderful; situated right on the beautiful beach of Ko Kradan, it has to be experienced before you can believe it. Fine, clean and tidy rooms with air con and outside bathroom- we even had a nesting bird as company in ours! The restaurant is excellent; top quality local ingredients made by very competent and friendly staff. There always seemed to be a member of staff waiting to assist you. Especially a wonderful fellow called Mr. Bird was exceptional- he helped us in an emergency situation without any kind of fluster or trouble. Hereby stating that all members of the staff were also exceptional! We will certainly be returning to Seavenseas Resort in the immediate future.

Room Tip: The second row villas are a good choice, as they are a little quieter and less expensive than those situated right close to the beach.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Pete G
Reviewed 18 February 2017

The resort, the only high end resort among the 7 or 8 places in total on Ko Kradan, delivered what was expected, and did so with great service and fun staff. The beach in front of the resort is gorgeous, but resort also have a warm/heated pool next to the beach, with surrounding seating for the restaurant they maintained. Having had breakfast, lunch and dinner we can easily say the food is competent and good enough, but certainly isn't a gourmet restaurant. In general, on such a secluded location its a luxurious place and offers most or all that is needed, but wouldn't stand up to similar luxury places on a more developed island. Of course, a little bit of luxury in such a secluded spot is charm of the place.

Room Tip: Worth to splurge on the 'villas'
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple