“Thai food”

Sai Thong Restaurant
Ranked #52 of 205 Restaurants in Ayutthaya
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 12 March 2017

Thai food at its best very good recommend to people looking for good thai food you won't be dissapointed

Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

Having just had dinner here with my wife and have only now read the bad reviews on trip advisor I felt the need to put the matter straight. It's our first night in Ayuthaya. We arrived at 7.30pm as many people were finishing their meals. I avoid sunset time because mosquitoes love me. We ordered 4 different dishes and all were outstanding. It's a seafood restaurant so order seafood. We had grilled prawns with lemon sauce, Tom yam goon cooked in coconut, spicy mixed seafood salad and fried rice with shrimps. All were excellent and big portions. 150 bath each so I don't know people say it's expensive. 100 bath for a large beer, good food and a lovely view over the river what more do you need? This is Thailand and the staff don't speak English so it's not surprising they aren't desperate to serve the foreign customers. The menu has everything in English so just point and order by number. We will be back again tomorrow.

Reviewed 19 December 2016 via mobile

Apparently the tree started first,with the restaurant beside it,then as the business grew they went around the tree and enclosed it.we were there for lunch, 9 altogether, so we were able to have a good selection which we shared. All very good and good sized portions, so we left well fed and satisfied. As others have said its on the river,and its pleasant watching the ferries and barges on the river. One tip take your mosquito repellent as they are always about. Worth a visit if you are in town.

Reviewed 15 November 2016

This place is often quite busy, especially on weekends, so there can be a long wait. The food is very good and a little pricey compared to some. The river view is nice but really nothing to rave about. Basically it's a good choice if you want a leisurely, tasty meal and are not too worried about budget

Reviewed 18 October 2016

First of all, the riverside view is wonderful.. all bad after that!! The first waitress was so self absorbed, we could not get ANY help on what to order, she couldn't be bothered. On a wing and a prayer, ordered chicken curry (this place doesn't specialize in. Thai food) green and hubby, spareribs. They finally brought our beer, had to ask again( I mean, what are you two doing in this place... I stand here only) then came hubbys last nights dinner, pineapple had been warmed a few times, lukewarm... then ten minutes later, cold rice.... then ten minutes later, my dish.. one good thing, mine was freshly made, as I changed the prawns for chicken. Hubby was now finished with his awful saucy, ribs, that were tiny bits of bone, with hardly any meat. If you hit a piece of meat, it was so small, no need to chew! My sauce was lovely , but ruined by the chicken. Not one piece of chewable meat.. all neck and back. Hubby loves chicken bones, but this was unbelievable. We have eaten all over the world, chicken with bones, how can one dish be ALL NECK.. who get the meat?? I had NO EDIBLE CHICKEN WHAT SO EVER!! Unbelievable. The best part was... we had a ride home in 45 minutes, so we sat with empty beers for 45 minutes and NO ONE EVER CAME OVER.. no one wants to make more $$ on the bill? The girls just stood there!!
It was an amazing experience I hope no one ever has again.