Hotels.com
Priceline
Go to your Happy Price
Warit
Bangkok, Thailand

Nice and quiet place by the river

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 16 Apr 2018via mobile
Not so far from Bangkok via express way within 50 min, off from the main road about 1 km. You can find nice, quiet and traditional style resort near by the river. The place is a bit old but filled with excellent service.

The room is quite comfortable and equipped with facilities. Restaurant is serve excellent dinner but you should reserve ahead so they can prepare just nice for you. I recommend fresh river prawn grilled.
Date of stay: April 2018
Hotels.com
    AU$66
21.8 km from Ayutthaya Garden River Home
View more hotels in Ayutthaya
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 July 2016

The hotel locates on Chao-praya river, a well-known and important symbol of Thailand. Although the location is not next to the city center, it is only 10 minutes by car to Bang sai Royal Folk Arts and Craft Center where is an attraction in Ayutthaya for the art lovers (My daughter really loves spending her whole day in that place).

Besides the beautiful landscape on Chaopraya riverside, the hotel staff are nice and friendly like typical local people in rural area but obviously lack of experience in management and hotel administration (many mistakes starting from check-in until check-out). Anyway, the owner takes action right away to solve all problems.

The hotel's facilities are quite run-down, the owner tries to solve the problems as soon as she gets the feedback or comments from the customers. For example, our window cannot be locked. This problem was fixed immediately after we told the problems to the owner on the next morning.

Considering the quick actions to solve all mistakes, we still satisfy and like to stay there again on the next visit in Ayutthaya.

Room tip: Chombua room locates on the ground floor where is good place for the oldies who cannot climb the stairs easily. Its view is the lotus-pond
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Kulwadee E
Reviewed 22 February 2016 via mobile

If you are looking for 5 star accommodation, this is not for you. We were a bit disappointed at the facilities and the room cleanliness. ( did not help that my expectations were high!!!) also we wanted to laze by the pool - could not as it looked green and honestly had a lot of algae!
It just feels that a bit more effort would turn the place around completely.

However the peacefulness and the people at the resort more than made up for things. When they heard we were cutting short our trip by a day, they gave us a 15% discount food voucher and felt genuinely bad that we were not happy.
The food was prepared a la minute and was very fresh and tasted fantastic!
The rooms are very small - keep doors and windows closed at all times due to bugs and mosquitoes.
Breakfast if included is simple - not a buffet.
They also helped organise a Tuk Tuk that took us around Ayutthaya and the sights.
English is a slight issue but you can get by!

I would go back again for the food :) and the nice people!

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank SJ1997
Reviewed 16 April 2015

We accidentally found this place while looking for somewhere else but that was a well-found-treasure. They happen to have beautiful giant fresh river shrimp and the setting is a beautiful relaxing homestead by the edge of the water. The place was amazing and totally quiet compared so some of the other overcrowded and over-commercialized giant shrimp restaurants. Loved the gardens, the home, and the people running the place were friendly and could not bend over backward enough to make you feel welcome!

Date of stay: February 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Fabster74
Reviewed 30 November 2014

Our rooms were beautiful and the hotel was located in a very beautiful area. That is what giving the VERY GOOD rating

The food was OK at the dinner, not much to chose from but no need to go to bed hungry. And they must have had the best home made mango ice cream in the word

We woke up early morning and I was looking forward to the breakfast.
It was nice to eat toast and drinking teas while watching the boats passing on Chao Phraya River next to us. But it wasn't easy to get it to this

Having a hotel like this and no guests, well, of course you need to provide a service. To have “almost” the best ice cream in the world and a good location won't make you rich. There must be the “little” extra. Well, maybe they will have to start with the standard service. There were 5 plates of breakfast for us. Covered with a plastic lid. A loaf of toast bread, butter and strawberry jam. And powder milk and no sign of any staff.

I started to shout.
- Waitress Waitress Waitress
The manager came and I asked for milk. She told me they only had powder milk.
- With the prices you charge for the room there should be a huge breakfast buffet
She told me friend that we could drive to 7 Eleven to buy fresh milk and I could not sit quiet any more. We're on holiday and we pay premium dollars for our rooms.
- Don't disturb us any more. Just go arrange some fresh milk for our tea!

She arrived with milk and I put on the kettle. They had put a toaster, coffee machine and a tea kettle next to our table. I don't complain, a gorgeous morning with the boats passing on Chao Phraya River next to us. So this camping style breakfast was OK, well, when we got the milk it turned OK.

But it is the first time I have breakfast at a hotel and they tell us that there is milk at 7 Eleven. And I had to confirm with the staff that it was Sunday
- Yes, it is Sunday

I just wanted to confirm, because they started early morning with some construction work. Cutting metal frames with a cutter and I almost soiled my bed. I thought I woke up on one of the runways at Suvarnabhumi International Airport.

And as you MUST have a car to come here I will also tell you about the Guard at the gate

When we came back to the hotel they had locked the gate. We hollered and we used the car's horn. No one to be seen and I got out of the car and I gave the gate a jolly good kick. The pad lock cracked and we could come in to the hotel. This was a very bad service.

Room tip: Ask them not to start any SUDDEN and unexpected early Sunday morning construction and cutting work and you will be OK
Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Review M
Reviewed 17 November 2014

We came here for a friend's wedding. On the whole our stay was pleasant here. The owner of the place is an incredibly nice lady and will do what she can to help you. The restaurant menu is great but somewhat higher prices for Thailand. The property is gorgeous and the garden is beautiful but come armed with plenty of mosquito repellent.

The only drawback here is the location. It's not close to anything so you can't walk anywhere. That is perfect if you're here on a detox or to just chill out and take time out from life, but it isn't ideal to tour Ayuthya. We were hoping to see Ayuthya while we were there but it didn't happen because of the location and the wedding festivities.

Also DO NOT get the boat tour this place offers. It is overpriced and unbelievably boring. I was under the impression they were going to take us to see the temples, instead it was a visit to the Emperor's Summer Home (or whatever) and it was thoroughly uninspired. The gardens were nice but there's a billion more amazing things to see in Thailand. I'd take a taxi out to the main city of Ayuthya and find a tour of the temples there.

Date of stay: November 2014