“BEWARE: Horrible midnight expreience with this hotel”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rameswaram
Sriram Hotel Island Star
Ranked #19 of 20 Hotels in Rameswaram
Reviewed 4 January 2017

I booked a room in this hotel at Rs100/- premium at Rs.800/- for non AC triple bed room with sea view 1 month in advance for two days 27-29 Dec.16 and also sent them Rs.1000/- towards advance.

Thereafter I had been in contact with the owner thru WhatsApp quite regularly even enroute to Rameswaram from Madurai on the date of arrival.

Even then the owner kept me waiting for the room for an hour in the lobby where there was only two chairs and the time was around 11 PM. When insisted to hand over the room as my small child was falling asleep, they ultimately gave us a room as booked, but to utter surprise we found the room was completely devastated in the evening thunderstorm and heavy shower. There was water everywhere on the floor and the mattress was very much wet. The room was really in a very very bad shape and in poorly maintained or even never maintained at all.
The toilet was so dirty and was having only a zero power dim light. Room does ot have any wash basin. The head board of the bed was having torn padding. The mattresses were with holes from someone's cigarette. The bed sheets were stains with either rust or blood stains. The lift was so poorly maintained that it had heavy cobwebs everywhere inside the cart. That too got stuck when was running on generator. We had been trapped inside with our little baby for more than 10 minutes in a suffocating condition even after refusing to go by lift and had to travel upon their insistence.
They were unable to provide a few dry pillows and a few clean bedsheets and mattresses.
Finally they decided to shift us to their upcoming property on the other side of the temple and we had to walk down there through dirty broken lanes with overflowing sewer lines in complete darkness. Upon arrival to their new property called New Island Star, there was sleeping staffs who did not wish to provide us room and refused to start genset. The owner did not pick up his phone at that odd hour when we were in a extremely critical situation with our child had fallen asleep out of exhaustion as it was then around 1.30 am at night.
We dicided to go back to the older property as there was atleast light and fan, and at that time, electricity resumed and we stayed there in the New Island Star, but after checking-in, light went off again and I had to guide the hotel staff in starting the genset.
The owner only prefers to charge money due to his very centrally located property but does not even prefer to spend a single rupee towards maintenance. There were signs of no maintenance everywhere and for that he was not at all ashamed of, but he only justified that it was a mere "budget hotel".
On the other hand, there were several other hotels in the same row, who could offer better maintained rooms at the same price, though some of them do not offer rooms online.
On the next day I preferred not to stay there for another night and therefore asked the owner to refund me one day's rental and he tried to deduct Rs.1000/- for the room provided in the New Island Star, but somehow I managed to take complete refund of Rs.800/- as it was his fault as he could not provide me a room in order even in case of prior booking.
I hereby warn all the travellers to think hundred times before thinking of to book room in these hotels. PLEASE DO NOT FALL PREY TO THEIR LUCRATIVE WEBSITE AND WHATSAPP MESSAGES/ CONVERSATION.

Room Tip: Hotel has sea view like others in the same row.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 December 2016

I visited Rameshwaram solo ....I have booked this hotel after going there and it was a Nightmare for me staying there ....the room was not at all good ....do the amenities provided was okay but the quality of the provided amenities was not at all good... but you cannot expect much more from the budget hotel so if you are wanting to get a budget hotel then this hotel is ok.... but you have to bear with the amenities they provide ....the room service was not great and they are always trying to take bribes just for a short work

Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Namit D
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Room nbr 207, visited in december 28th 2013

1. Management - worst arrogant , No hospitality at all, they provided room , even without any clealiness,I requested twice to give me atleast pillow cover and bedsheet - no response. Knowing I am from north india - can't understand tamil ,manager was not ready to talk in english , pathatic experience. gave me room keys - as if he has done a great obligation to me.

2. Room cleanliness - worst , room was without pillow cover and bedsheet - toilet was like hell. cockroach all around - toilet tab was not present , sea ( salty ) water on the tap. water leakage all around in toilet.

3. Hotel Rent- they gave me room in 1500 Rs for 12 hours ( though , its price was 400 Rs, written outside)

4. Room service - forget it , it can not be classified as a room at the first place.

5. worst experience ever.

Room Tip: avoid this hotel
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank DhirendraNegi
Reviewed 19 September 2013

The best part of this hotel is that it is close to the temple, the main reason why people make their visit to Rameshwaram. It is at walking distance from the temple.
The food served is average and a bit salty but then that's ok. Good value for money overall.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank VaRuN_a_KuMaR
Reviewed 21 October 2012

Write now I am writing this review from room no 102. Such a terrible hotel I can't explain. House keeping is at its least. Water is entering to room from windows. Water taps are not working, the hotel has not provided bed sheets even after repeated requests. Toilet is at its worst. There is nothing to say good about even I am thinking to change the hotel right now itself.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family