All reviews steeped in history painted walls two brothers original stone stayed here for nights his brother old building large room family home fresh fruit very special place courtyard cornflakes palace town fort india
Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

I was In Haveli Braj bhushanjee with My friends in October 2017, it was a perfect choice for me and for my friends.Very clean Rooms. Beautiful Artwork there, good people there.
I booked 2 rooms in this Hotel With makemytrip.com

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

We booked this room based on the good reviews we read online and also the recommendation we read in the lonely planet book. Unfortunately we were very disappointed with our room and the service in the Haveli.
Our room was dark, small and the most basic of all the hotels we stayed in India, even though it was amongst the most expensive. When we arrived there were 4 lizzard in our room. We told the owner and he rushed off and reappeared with a bucket and his brother and assured they would be killed. We asked to be moved to another room, there were none available in our category and they refused to upgrade us. We were eventually moved but found put the next day we had slept in one of the owners bedrooms which made question the cleanliness...
The owners were not very friendly and didn't make an effort to talk to us and make us feel welcome in their Haveli. They didnt offer us any advice on where to go while staying in Bundi which was disappointing as usually these insider tips are what makes for the most interesting experiences.
The breakfast was incredibly over priced. We realised after paying far too much for 2 slices of toast that you could get twice the amount for half the price in the cafe across the road.
Needless to say we would not recommend this Haveli. I'm sure there are much nicer ones with friendlier staff who have not had a recommendation in lonely planet who are much better value for money.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank catherinehF8813VP
Reviewed 4 May 2017

My husband & I stayed in this charming historical haveli 2 nights. Located in very convenient part of town we found it easy & safe to walk out in the day or evening to enjoy Bundi. The haveli is owned and managed by brothers, Mukesh & Manish, who are kind, friendly and gracious hosts, who were there to attend to us when required and very helpful.

The upper rooms in the more historical older part of the haveli are smaller, which is not unexpected in a property of this age, but they have delightful painted walls and have everything you need. We chose to stay in the lower building because it was more roomy ... it was a large room with seating area and large bathroom ... very clean & comfortable.

We enjoyed exploring Bundi and its sights with our guide and also on our own. Lucky for us the Rajasthan establishment day concert was on one evening featuring cultural singing & dancing.

We ate at the hotel on the first evening and it was a very nice meal. On our second night we ate at another larger more modern hotel and the food was of a higher standard. As some other reviewers have noted the breakfasts are a little basic, being fruit, cereal & toast, but perfectly adequate for us. As long as I have delicious masala chai I am happy.

One thing you won't get at a larger hotel further away from the historical district is the pushy town cow and calf knocking on the door to receive their breakfast of bread & chapatis! Too funny! Apparently this cow is renowned, making her rounds every day and if the door isn't fastened she opens it to try and get in!

Overall it was excellent value and we very much enjoyed our stay!

Room Tip: The newer lower rooms are more spacious
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sophieagostinihk
Reviewed 29 April 2017

The town of Bundi is charming and magical. The haveli had an authentic and cosy atmosphere. The owners let us roam all over this enchanting place with original stone interiors, splendid rooftop views, beautiful & well-preserved murals, and all sorts of other historic and valuable artifacts. It has been 2 years maybe 2018 I will be able to return.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank lora K
Reviewed 20 April 2017

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights. Unlike some other reviewers, we felt privileged to have the chance to stay in such an interesting, colourful and authentic old building. The upper building below the palace, and the dining room and upper courtyard have wonderfully painted walls and ceilings as can be see on their website. We had a large comfortable room with seating area and found the two brothers who own and manage the haveli very courteous and helpful. We had two delicious vegetarian curries for dinners there. The middle night we ate out at a small local restaurant recommended by Tripadvisor but preferred the food in the haveli.
The only disappointment is breakfast which is very basic with no variety. Only cornflakes were offered as cereal and no eggs. Other cereals are available in India and yoghurts, a bigger variety of fresh fruit and better quality bread would be a great improvement.

Stayed: February 2017