“Superb food cooked in Desi Ghee”
Review of Kesar da Dhaba

Kesar da Dhaba
Ranked #11 of 406 Restaurants in Amritsar
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery
Reviewed 12 August 2018

This is a restorant which has a rich tradition . I have frequented it from my childhood . Whenever I go to Amritsar , I can not miss this vegetarian restorant . Food is outstanding .
Governor Amolak Rattan Kohli

Write a ReviewReviews (1,898)

Reviewed 7 August 2018

Its an okay restaurant. The food is decent but not very great. And its a very long walk from Golden Temple if you are thinking to do that.

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

It's an old small and congested dhaba...it's so much hyped and so highly rated that I went there...tried most of the small menu...my review is You can get the same food in same price at other restaurants near ....difference is other restaurants nearby like brothers dhaba and bharwan dhaba have better environment

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

I love food and everyone in my family must have at any point of time had told me if you don't like the food pls don't tell the others.. as everyone has its own taste ...so I am not going to criticize this place but I will definitely like to give my views on it..
1. This place is so much inside the busy bylanes of Amritsar hall gate area that one really start thinking ...where the hell I am going ...:-) but luckily the map location is quite right so follow the map and you will reach there..
2. Never ever tried to reach this place on foot or on four wheel you will be lost ... Best is two wheeler or bettery operated rickshaw.
3. There is most of the time space crunch and they don't have any sitting plan.. so anyone can sit with anyone .. it's just like having food at any local roadside Dhaba..
4. Dinning tables are of low standard and more worse is seating arrangement..
5. Dhaba owner is least bother about the presentation, hygiene and ambience. It's seems that for him the time is still and he must be thinking that still he is in pre independence era...... It's cooking place is much bigger than the eating place.
6. There are much better places to eat than this in Amritsar..

Reviewed 5 August 2018

What do you get when you perfect a fixed menu for over 60+ years! Well, you are in for a taste for life, the most amazing lip smacking recipes you will ever taste. Founded in 1955 and kitchen still looks same old style as I think used to be back in that era.

Yep, you need to know what to order here, so look for dishes that are most popular in the reviews. I liked Palak paneer. I happened to be accompanied by a 'Pro-Kesar Dhaba' (yeah! They have a cult), to which I was initially skeptic, which soon faded away with first bite flirting with my taste buds. It's easy to overeat here.

The restaurant itself is set in a very tight street, so tight that even 2 way traffic hardly works but you will be able to hire electric autos to / from this place easily. All staff may not be good, so don't expect a 5 star overly courteous behaviour. They sell great food not smiles.