All reviews movie theme themed hotel chennai express theme based based hotel film stars cinema hall the entire hotel unique experience amazing hotel morning walk munnar town south indian visit munnar restaurant staff hotel is located spacious room
Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

During our Munnar trip stayed on Silver Tips for 2 days. The stay was good, especially the food. Rooms are spacious and clean. Located in old Munnar, well connected to locations. Since my visit was on September, it is bit rainy season. Munnar is more beautiful in rainy season.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Manu M
gm s, General Manager at The Silver Tips, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2018

Greetings from The Silvertips ,Munnar

It was a pleasure having you stay with us.

We are so glad to know you were pleased with the hotel overall.We value your patronage and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 17 January 2018

I would stay at the Silver Tips again. The hotel is unique due to its movie theme. Even though I am a westerner and do not know much about India film starts or Bollywood, it was like staying in a museum so at least I know a bit more now! The rooms are spacious and the beds are comfortable. I had been accustomed to staying in really hard beds in India (for Western taste) and this mattress was like sleeping in a cloud. The staff at the restaurant was extremely courteous and attentive, eager to give advice on what to order (for dinner) and what the local dishes were (at breakfast). Service both in the restaurant and reception was efficient. I appreciated the welcome by a woman - she helped me with check-in and gave me a tour of the hotel as well as the room. I unfortunately do not remember her name, but this was a really nice touch of hospitality. The highlight of my stay at this hotel was the free walking tour in the morning. I had read about it online beforehand and the woman who gave me the hotel tour also recommended it. It takes about an hour and the views are absolutely spectacular at sunrise. Wake up an hour earlier and GO - it was one of the highlights of my entire trip.
I also got a full-body massage at the spa and the young woman who did it was phenomenal. She was extremely hard-working and attentive.
The only few comments about the property I have are as follows: the hotel floors are very dark. I would have liked there to be more light where the rooms are or at least a sensor that lights up the whole floor when you step onto it. There could also be signs on the floors as to where the exits are. The stairs by my room led down to a do not enter - staff only section but you do not know that until you get to the bottom.
Overall - my stay here was a great experience and I would highly recommend staying at the property.

Stayed: December 2017
2  Thank Natalie K

Dear Guest....

Thank you so much for such a glorious review.

It’s so wonderful to read your lovely feedback about Silvertips, Munnar and about our Theme, especially about our team . I feel absolutely blessed to be working with such driven, caring and motivated individuals who genuinely work hard to ensure that all guests leave as ambassadors of the Silvertips Experience. Thank you so much for recognizing this, I shall share your compliments with everyone in the hotel - this will only motivate us to do better with each passing day.

We thank you once again for your recommendation and for such a delightful review and look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 17 January 2018

We enjoyed a two night stay here in November. The hotel is full of movie memorabilia - film projectors, lenses, Hollywood and Bollywood movie posters and photos of American, European and Indian movie stars in the hallways and in guest rooms. Each room is named after a movie -- ours was "A Walk in the Clouds". Our spacious room was well appointed with a comfortable kingsize bed, and staff was very helpful. We particularly enjoyed an early morning walk through the tea plantation in the hills behind the hotel with a hotel staff guide (see attached photo). Although the hotel offers a dinner buffet, we preferred the a la carte offerings, which were delicious.

Room Tip: Balcony view is best from a higher floor.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Allen M

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate the same.

We are very grateful for your kind words of praise for our ambience, hotel and our facilities.

All of us at The silvertips believe in creating memorable experiences for our guests. Thus, it gives us great joy in receiving such an endearing review.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 7 January 2018

Fabulous hotel, the staff couldn’t do enough for us even though our booking with hotels.com was paid for in the Uk and they never transferred the money!!!!! The manager made reservations for our next two nights but arranged our first night with them, many thanks. The hotel is interesting and historic to indian movie buffs, clean and the best breakfast ever

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JanVerney

Dear Guest,

Our endeavour at the hotel is to provide best-in-class service to our guests and we enjoyed learning that you found our product and service standards to be consistent enough to merit recommendation.

I have conveyed your compliments to the entire team, for whom it has been a great source of inspiration .

All of us hope to continue being your preferred hotel for all future stays.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

My husband and I spent 2 nights at The Silver Tips over New Year. We received a very warm welcome from the reception staff and were shown to our Bollywood themed bedroom which was very comfortable. The hotel is situated on the outskirts of Munnar town so it is easy to walk to nearby restaurants and shops. The only thing that let the hotel down in our opinion was the restaurant. Although the food itself was very good, the table settings didn’t seem very clean and the staff weren’t very friendly or attentive. A good place to stay if you want to be in the town, but there may be better ones a little further out.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tracy C

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback posted online regarding our Hotel,

We are delighted that you find our hotel a good place to unwind and enjoy the facilities we offer to our discerning clients like yourself.

We sincerely hope that you will consider staying at The Silvertips,Munnar as we look forward to welcoming you.

Assuring you of our best services and uninterrupted attention at all times.

Kind regards,