“Authentic Goan cuisine at a reasonable price”

Greenyard Restaurant
Ranked #190 of 353 Restaurants in Panjim
Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

We went here late one night based on their Google review of 4.7. Only one other table was occupied so there was plenty of room (we suspected most of their traffic would be daytime visitors seeing as the place is next to Se Cathedral).
We had a hankering for chapatis that night and although they didn’t have any ready, they happily made some from scratch for us - A+ for customer service right there! We ordered traditional Goan fare like prawn curry, chicken caffreal and kokam kadi, all of which are not for the faint-hearted as they pack a decent (chili-based) punch! I myself am not too familiar with Goan cuisine but those in my family who are said the food was pretty legit.
There was also space to park a mini-bus. The bill came to about Rs. 1,500 which is very reasonable for a family of 6, albeit we didn’t order a lot of seafood like fried prawns or fish.
All things considered, a very nice and cozy place to try authentic Goan fare at a reasonable price.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

This restaurant is in front of the St Catejan church in Old Goa. You will find direction boards everywhere near the main churches for this hotel with INR 80 for fish curry meals. But they will serve you a normal fish curry meals with just a Bangda fry (Mackerel) and charge you INR 150 (It seems rice with just the fish curry is INR 80). You will mostly find people coming here for drinks than the food (prejudiced statement from just one visit) and hence not suitable for family lunch.

Reviewed 21 May 2017

Nothing good about this restaurant other than an over priced menu, did not like the place at all, the food was average.

Reviewed 21 December 2016

I had visited this place last month for a lunch with my friend who works in Panji, (Department of Health Services). We had a short lunch break and my friend took me to this open restaurant. The infrastructure is themed according to the name (I think so). Very cheap materials are used to decorate the restaurant and its open and the furniture is also cheap quality but food was OK.

Reviewed 22 September 2016 via mobile

Been there with family and friends. Food taste is good especially sea food. It is not well maintenance eg. tables, floor . Looks one person (owner) doing all work. He was friendly to suggest the selection. Location is good like a picnic spot with Churches and lake boating close by. If you are looking good food this is the place you can go.