“Excellent authentic Goan cuisine”

George Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #31 of 352 Restaurants in Panjim
Cuisines: Indian, Portuguese, Seafood
Reviewed 11 November 2015

Every time we stay in North Goa a trip to George has become a part of our routine. The first time was maybe some 9 years back based on feedback from the local manning the reception at the resort we were staying in.The quality has been maintained over the years & we keep coming back for more. My son loves the sausage pulao out here & his mom has been trying to recreate it back home for him. The rest of the dishes like pork vindaloo , beef chilly have always lived up to the hype.
The tables are a bit cramped but once the food arrives I am sure this will soon be forgotten. The service is pretty quick.They have a A/C section on the first floor but most times unless it is full we prefer sitting below with a chilled beer.
A trip to George is mandatory if you are in Panaji!

Reviewed 3 November 2015

My colleague recommended me the place for goan food. Ordered pork sorpotel, however was not so good. Tasted more like a curry. The bread served along also seemed to be old.

Reviewed 31 October 2015

I've been to George restaurant a couple of times since my last review. I happened to be at Church Square a couple of days ago and stopped for early lunch.
I had some Pork Torradinho which was good and a Beef steak which was ok. I also packed up some Pork Torradinho to take home.

Reviewed 26 October 2015

Place not for Veggies. Almost all Goans are non-veg eaters. This Restaurant for someone who wants to taste Pork & Beef dishes besdes the Fish Curry Rice Plate

Reviewed 14 October 2015 via mobile

Maybe I ordered the wrong things and this is not the right place for vegetarian food but frankly I was disappointed with both the quality and the portion, and service was indifferent too...this will be a one time visit only!