All reviews pepperoni tree house bed and breakfast the owner spiral staircase b and b look forward to going back us feel at home birds singing every morning breakfast was delicious rooftop patio the main street minute walk other guests place to stay hot water
Reviewed 30 April 2018

First place where the owner , Mrs. Barbara , a classy Italian, capable and determined, she brought his serenity to all guest in this place , fully immersed in the forest where ,hurry, stress, in short, all the city's ills disappear.
Architecturally perfect as for structure with large room and confortable bathrooms this
B&B remain for sure a must in Roatan. Breakfast: no comment , italian style open to all word influence in order to take the guest by he throat!

Room tip: All rooms and apartments are perfect, only budget decide!
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 April 2018

Barbara's place was beautiful. It offered such a calm and peaceful experience, away from the busy main street in West End. It is about a 7-8 minute walk from Splash Inn. If you are carrying luggage, you probably need to get a cab to get up several short hills.

We rented the lower living quarters and it was well maintained. Barbara was a good host, providing prompt answers and offered us everything we needed to make our stay enjoyable. She also made delicious breakfast for us!

If you stay downstairs, make sure you take care of the local cat (we named him Oscar) that comes for food but make sure he doesn't get close to Barbara's cat! They don't like each other much.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2018

It was my second time in Roatan, and my first at this property. It is having the best of both worlds. You feel as if you are in a mountain, but just a 10 minute walk to the beach. Perfect place to relax. The owner Barbara and staff are very friendly and make you feel as if you are family. The apartments are spacious and the views are spectacular.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 February 2018

3 years after my last visit, it was finally time to go back to Roatan, and of course Roatan B&B. Barbara, the owner, gave me the warmest welcome when I arrived, and it almost felt like coming home. A lot of improvements had been made, both to the driveway and outdoor area, but also to the rooms and apartments, and it looked great!

I stayed in the same room as last time, a large room with a lot of space to put away my clothes, a very comfortable bed, TV, ceiling fan, and windows on two sides, which meant that I could wake up to fresh air flowing through the room and the sounds of the jungle. Awesome! A door directly from the room to the huge private bathroom had been added, so that it was no longer necessary to go via the hallway. Great! The shower had both hot water and good pressure, which is not too common in this part of the world. The room was cleaned every day, and the breakfast was freshly prepared every morning.

I spent a lot of time on the large, shared balcony, talking to Barbara and the other guests, having a beer or a drink and looking at hummingbirds flying by. I watched several beautiful sunsets from the roof terrace together with new friends (other guests), and am still convinced this must be the best view in West End. We were also very fascinated by the night sky, and all the details you can see when there's no light pollution. I loved ending my evenings in the hammock with the purring house cat, Pepperoni, on my lap.

West end has lots of dive shops, great restaurants and bars, and is a fun place to hang out. It can sometimes get a bit loud in the evenings, so it was great to walk 5-10 minutes up to the charming, wooden house on the hill, away from the hustle and bustle. I am totally in love with this relaxed but social place, and the most amazing host, Barbara! Can't wait to go back!

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank GunnhildB
Reviewed 22 February 2018

Great hospitality in a quiet hillside location away from the busy West End water front. Yet only a ten minute walk to the water front. We would stay there again for sure! Getting there for the first time can be a bit tricky if your on your own.

Date of stay: February 2018