All reviewshonor systemother guestsevery morningminute walkthe managershonor barrooms are largeyogurtlaid backwest bayocean viewsmall poolplace to staybanana pancakesrooms are greatinfinity poolsun divers
Reviewed 7 May 2018

This was our 4th stay at Cocolobo and we had yet again another amazing stay. The environment is very relaxing, the bed was comfortable and we were very well taken care of by Krys and the team. We especially appreciate Krys arranging a rental car on our last full day so we could drive around and see more of the island - something we haven't done in our last 3 visits.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor room to take advantage of the breeze!
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Krystal E, General Manager at Cocolobo, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Thank you Daphni for coming back year after year supporting Cocolobo! I really appreciate you taking the time to write a kind review!

Safe ravels!

Reviewed 5 May 2018

My family stayed here for several nights and really liked it. There were lots of guests at the hotel that had been there before and were returning.

There is no beach access here, but the beach is only a five-minute walk. My son had some problems with that, but they do have a nice little pool and he spent quite a bit of time in it when we weren't diving.

The rooms are quite nice, and the breakfasts are excellent. The staff members are all really helpful as well. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I think they are all good rooms
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Amy J

Thank you Amy for staying at Cocolobo and taking the time to write a review!! So glad you and your family enjoyed your vacation and time at Cocolobo!

Safe travels!

Reviewed 28 April 2018

I stayed at Cocolobo for two weeks in April, 2018. It's a clean, quite hotel on the iron shore and a good solid three stars. I don't give it four because it lacks the amenities I would expect at a four-star hotel, but it would surprise me if there's a better hotel in West End, or maybe all of Roatan. It's very clean and the people are friendly. Very important for me, it's quiet.

Negatives which prevent it from getting four stars: There's no beach access; there's no microwave or coffee maker in the room; using the air conditioning costs extra; the beverages in the honor bar down in the lobby are extremely limited; and perhaps most important of all given the climate, the rooms do not have exhaust fans. A high-powered fan near the ceiling, facing outwards, would have been able to keep the room much cooler in the late afternoon when it's so much hotter inside the room than outside. One afternoon it was 103 degrees Fahrenheit in my room.

(Note: They're in the process of renovating the rooms with kitchens to see them as condos, which then will be available for rent when the owners are not in residence, so much of the above will change.)

If you want beach access, do not stay here. If you want a quiet hotel and don't mind a 5-minute walk to the nearest beach, and a 15-minute walk to the far end of town, then this hotel is a good choice.

My room was very large, with a king bed (very comfortable), two wicker chairs and a little wicker table, two nightstands, a small table with a TV, a fridge for drinking water and whatever else you want to keep cool (I kept my meds in it so they would not be subjected to the heat of the room), a large shower with a mediocre but serviceable shower head, and a big balcony overlooking the ocean, with two of the most uncomfortable chairs I've ever tried to sit in. In the lobby there's an honor bar with some soda (nothing diet other than club soda) and local beers. Outside the lobby, overlooking the ocean, there's a small pool, very nice for relaxing in the heat of the late afternoon. The included breakfast is simple but good. There was never oatmeal. There was granola, fruit, coffee (no decaf), yogurt, orange juice, and something hot which differed from one day to the next, but if you don't like the offering the cook is always happy to cook you some eggs instead. Purified drinking water was in jugs scattered around the property, including one in the lobby. Beach towels are available in the lobby, as are masks, fins, and snorkels, and sunscreen.

Overall, a pleasant place. If I went back to Roatan I'd want a place with direct beach access because of the heat. But if beach access is not important to you, Cocolobo is a very nice little hotel.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Krystal E, Manager at Cocolobo, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Thank you Daniel for taking the time to write a kind review and staying for two weeks at Cocolobo!

While I appreciate your views, I would like to clarify a few items...Cocolobo is a 3 star hotel but a 5 bubble accommodation on Trip Advisor.

Cocolobo has never been advertised as a beach front property, we are on the iron shore so the hotel is Ocean front with incredible views from every room. While the rooms do get warm when they are closed up all day with the sun beating down, I highly doubt the room was ever 100+ degrees but it does get warm if left closed up! Each room has ventilation windows with screens, 2 large sliding doors opening up to the ocean front balcony, ceiling fan and an air conditioner unit. While the exhaust fan sounds good in theory, I believe it would be noisy and disturb many guests.

We do run a honour system bar for guests which consists of coke, diet coke, beer and wine. With so many restaurants, bars and groceries near by many guests find this to be a bonus for convenience but if something is lacking they either ask me to run get it or go buy their own bottles.

I am so glad you were able to enjoy the room and some aspects of your vacation and hope you find a beach front oasis on your next Caribbean adventure!

Reviewed 14 April 2018

We just returned from spending 1 week at Cocolobo. Honestly, Pura Vida :) It took us no time to relax and get into vacation mode. From check in, to helping ourselves to a drink from the honor bar, laying poolside, enjoying the most spectacular sunsets, delicious breakfasts included, visits from the resident kitties, getting to chat with other guests and fantastic island recommendations from the hotel staff....everything was just so chill, so relaxed and so easy. This was my third time in Roatan and by far Cocolobo was my favorite place I've stayed. I think the atmosphere at this place best suits single travellors and couples however I'm sure families would be fine too. It's pretty quiet in the evenings. Usually everyone congregates around the pool to enjoy a drink at sunset and then sets off in to town for dinner. Cocolobo also has beach towels you can borrow as well as some fins and gear and all the staff are happy to offer restaurant ideas and lead you in a great direction for dive shops, island tours and anything else really. Thank you all so much. We will definitely recommend Cocolobo to others and look forward to returning again. Tanya and Jocelyn - Toronto Canada

Room Tip: Rooms above the main building are largest and offer the best view of the sunset but are the least private as they over look the pool.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tanya M
Krystal E, Manager at Cocolobo, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Thank you Tanya!! I really appreciate you taking the time to write the review and love knowing you enjoyed Cocolobo and Roatan to the fullest!! It was great having you gals here and hope to see you back soon!!

Safe travels!!

Reviewed 3 April 2018

My husband and I have stayed multiple times at CocoLobo and it never fails to be a little piece of heaven for us.
We stayed in the Hottest Sparrow cottage again this time and it is perfect for 2. There is a kitchen area with stove, microwave, mini fridge, double sink, cupboard space and a counter top eating area. A nice bathroom with tiled shower and a small daybed make up the rest of the main floor. Upstairs is the bedroom with a very comfortable bed, built-in closet w/safe and shelves and a luggage rack.
Hottest Sparrow has 3 different balconies and is set back from the iron shore. You can see the water through the trees and thankfully can hear the waves as you fall asleep. It has A/C (that we never use) and 2 ceiling fans which work very well. We always keep the window louvers open to take advantage of the ocean breezes. It was clean, quiet and as usual perfect for us!
The resort is small with 10 rooms and 2 cottages. It has a small infinity pool to watch the gorgeous sunsets from. There is a bar in the lobby area that operates on the honor system. We love that! Every morning a delicious hot breakfast is prepared and served in the eating area that offers a great view of the water and the iron shore. The staff at Cocolobo are all excellent and did a superb job of making our latest holiday another highly enjoyable one.
There will be changes at Cocolobo in 2018 as all the units are being sold to individual owners. Krystal, the awesome manager of Cocolobo and the number 1 reason that we love Cocolobo so much, assured us that even though the resort will have multiple owners it will continue to operate as it does now.
We have only been home a week and already can't wait to go back! Thank you to Krystal, Haidi, Katie, Olivia, Jose and Ceasar for making us feel like every time we visit Cocolobo we are returning home.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank esmimisue
Krystal E, Manager at Cocolobo, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Ahhhh Sue and Darrel, I love seeing you here every year and hope to see you many more times!! Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review! I look forward to your visit again soon and as you both know it is like having family come for a visit!! Don't stress about the changes...the rooms are getting upgraded which is great for the consumer and the island relaxed vibe will be the exact same ;)

See you both soon!!