I have been to Roatan five or six times and this is my favorite spot, one of the most special places I have ever set foot. Location is perfect -- close enough to West End that you can walk to the bars, but far enough to be out of earshot when the parties get loud. (My last trip this Sept/Oct, the road getting here was mucky, and there was some construction on it, but but don't let that deter you!) In the daytime, you can cool off in the saltwater pool or play with the deer -- yes, deer! -- who will even let you pet them if you're gentle. Some nights, it's upbeat, with a band jamming on the wooden deck, lionfish being cooked up (you MUST try it), and a fantastic mixed crowd hanging out at the bar. (If you have been here a few days and your belly is rotting from watery Honduran beers, they have Tucher!) Other nights, if it's not busy and you are lucky enough to have the place to yourself, climb out on one of the hammocks that hangs over the ironshore (exposed fossilized coral) and you will feel like you are at the end of the universe, exposed and so very alive. This place is atmospheric and so, so beautful. Also: well-run. Hosts Adi and Eva, plus the chef Mercedes and bartender (sorry, I forget his name!) are all lovely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the best area of Westend, Lands End is an Ocean Front Hotel Resort nestled in a world of its own, but close enough to the action where you can walk in three minutes!Perfect place for snorkeling and diving from shore, Enjoy spectacular views and sunsets year round. Lands End grounds include a lounge, pool deck, hammocks, bar, and beach! Most rooms with the exception of our bungalows come with a television, air conditioning, daily maid service, 24 hour help desk, flexible check in hours, free wi-fi and more! We have laundry service available and island deer (our pets). Come and have a cocktail in our saltwater infinity pool that overlooks the ocean and enjoy our dining at our on-site bar and restaurant! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, Booking.com and lastminute.com.au so you can book your Lands End reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lands End - Ocean Front Hotel West End
- Lands End West End, Roatan