All reviewsbeach grilloctopus dive schoolsuzetteking and queendive shopwest endon site restaurantlobsteranthony's keycoxen holeeach morninghome away from homebeautiful islandspent a weekdive sitesbring bug spraycruise ship
Reviewed 20 September 2016

Went here for a week with friends and family for my birthday. It was an amazing week. The staff was amazing and so helpful. They set up all of our excursions and made sure we didn't miss out on anything while we were there. The hotel/condos are perfect for families and friends. Quiet location away from the main tourist area. We were able to snorkel right off the pier and swim out to a reef. Can't wait to go back in the future.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 September 2016 via mobile

The resort is clean....not fancy....and nicely accessible to snorkeling off the dock. It's not setup well for beach going here on this side of the island, so if that is important to you, you might want to take a quick taxi to the west end to hang on the beach for the day. Service is very personal and just amazing, so we would come back here for that and the socialization with the staff. Suzette does an amazing job. And the food in the beach grill is outstanding! Very reasonable rates vs the west end or other resorts....pool is fine for kids and well shaded most of the day, which makes it a great place for larger groups to come in and pretty much have the resort to themselves.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2016

This was the first trip to Roatan for myself and my 13 year old daughter. We were very pleased with our choice of the Blue Bahia in the quiet and laid back Sandy Bay. Our accommodations featured a small kitchen, sitting area and beautiful views. Our trip included daily snorkel trips with the friendly, helpful and knowledgeable crew from the Octopus Dive School which is co-located on the property. On our next trip we want the whole family (dad and 16 year old son) to become certified divers with the support of the Octopus School. We were blown away with the variety of fish and occasional turtle seen while snorkeling so can only imagine what the divers must experience.
A highlight of our trip was an individualized tour of the island by local, Ron, who was recommended by the resort's manager Suzette, who proved to be a great resource both before and during our trip. While exploring the island we treated ourselves to a delicious authentic meal in Punta Gorda. Ron also provided us rides both to and from the airport as well as a local market to pick-up provisions for the week. A second highlight was my daughter's once in a life time "dolphin encounter" at the nearby Anthony's Key. We also enjoyed several leisurely meals at the resort's Beach Grill restaurant and daily walks on the beach typically escorted by one of the resort's friendly pooches. Taxis and/or local mini buses into West End are easily accessible. I recommend picking up a souvenir or two from the Rusty Fish which features metal work from local artists.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank eilyo
Reviewed 31 July 2016

My daughter & I stayed here for a week. The room had a small little kitchen area with a small fridge and a microwave. Not that we used the microwave much as The Beach Grill is only a few steps away. We were on the second floor so we had a good view of the resort pool and of ocean from the balcony. There is even a hammock on the balcony, my daughter really liked that. There is a dive shop (Octopus Dive School) on the premise. The hotel staff is very nice and friendly. The resort is clean and quite. I will definitively be recommending this place to friends and family.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank 1DoorMat
Reviewed 16 June 2016

This was the fourth time my wife and I stayed at the Blue Bahia and the first under the new management. The place was really nice before, but the new management has kicked things up a notch. I really liked how they cleaned the pool every single day. The staff keeps the rooms immaculate, and everyone there is super friendly, and will go out of their way to help.

Room Tip: reserve ahead of time
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple