Anthony's Key Resort
Mayoka Lodge(Sandy Bay)
Puerta Azul(Sandy Bay)
Villagio Verde(West End)
View Hotel
Seagrape Plantation Resort(West End)
  • Breakfast included
Lands End(West End)
Cocolobo(West End)
  • Breakfast included
1,239 results
All reviewsdolphin encountershark divesnack shopboat captainhorseback ridingfishdolphin campsuperior roomsnorkel packagesoup or saladdive shopfiesta nightcactus juicemain islandmedical clinicnight divegreat diving
Reviewed 22 November 2017

We arranged two dives through our cruise ship, and they were operated by Anthony's Key Resort. We were collected from the ship by a minibus and taken to the dive boat, where the paperwork was completed and kit was issued. The was the first sign that something was wrong: It was chaos. There was no organisation at all. The three DM's all seemed to have different opinions about how it should be run, one was trying to do waivers while another was haphazardly trying to issue kit. My regulator was faulty (jamming on the inhale) but the DM I spoke to said it was because I was 'breathing wrong'. Another DM gave me weights but no belt, so he put them in my pockets. No-one seemed to have any idea what was going on. It was a struggle to get wetsuits, and the DMs were arguing with each other amongst the divers. We got to the dive site, and received a perfunctory briefing before entering the water. The dive itself was really good, the area is blessed with great natural resources. Following the dive, we were told that we were being taken back to where the minibus will collect us, which sparked another disagreement between the DMs, some of which though were were being taken back to the ship. We would absolutely not dive with this organisation again, and it has made us question our cruise-lines ability to pick safe enjoyable excursion operators.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Sam S
Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

My wife and I just had a fantastic week at Anthony’s Key resort. The week started out rainy (most rain I’ve ever seen said one local) but ended up with our last two days of sun. We didn’t find out that November is the rainy season in Roatan until after we had already booked our week. Aside from the rain, we had good accommodations with a private deck over the water. We were pleasantly surprised with the food selection at every meal. Meals were order from the menu at every meal with plenty to eat. The diving was good with the boat captain Richard finding the best conditions available with the difficult weather but the highlight for us was the shark Dive. The shark Dive was well briefed and we felt completely safe during the entire Dive. If you are hesitant about the Dive, all I can say is do the shark Dive, you will be glad you did! We have already booked a return visit!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank backwardskier2017
Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

I would highly recommend Anthony’s Key Resort to anyone who wants to dive and learn diving in Roatan. I did my Instructor diving Course and many specialties with Pete and Tati, they were both really professionals, patients, and they made the courses really fun. During the presentation of the IDC, Peter had promised us to introduce ourselves to the examination with 100% chances of success and that’s what happened. All the candidates of my promotion have successfully passed the examens and we are all really proud to said that we did It with Anthony’s Key.
If you’re looking for a place to do your IDC or other diving courses, do not hesitate and join the AKR family.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 November 2017

We all had an amazing experience with the Dolphin Encounter. We will surely visit here again! Spent an amazing time with the dolphins. We were put in the small groups and got to spend quality time learning about the dolphins that live there.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Debbie U
Reviewed 9 November 2017

We really enjoyed our stay at Anthony Key Resort in our deluxe overwater bungalow. The experience of taking a little taxi boat to the private key was special. The rooms are well appointed with efficient air conditioning, ceiling fans, lots of plugs and drawers for organizing and charging equipment.

Some of or favorite moments were in the hammocks in the back private lanai which just worked miracles to alleviate any stresses we brought from our 'city life' onto the key. There is no TV and no phone but internet worked pretty well most of the time and I must say that a break from TV added to the relaxation.

Meals are good portions and have a good selection in the restaurant and we were never left hungry.

Our favorite was still the diving. The resort really seems to revolve around this with a sprinkling of dolphin encounters and day trips to May Key and other things. Non divers may find choices limited but there are zip line trips and other day excursions that can fill the days easily if you're not happy relaxing or snorkeling/ kayaking / horseback riding at the resort.

The dive operation is really good with 7 dive boats and 3 daily dives coming back to shore after each dive. You dive as much or as little as you want. There are also two night dives and shore diving ... and even an 'extra fee' shark dive and dolphin dive etc.
Visibility or us was 50-60 ft due to passing storms and I suspect usually more. All the same we enjoyed our trip with Captain Luiz and DM Edwin on the Trevor. Both really helpful in getting us in the water, helping at the ladder and just keep watch over us. and would definitely recommend the resort to all.

Room Tip: Deluxe and Superior rooms on the key are cool
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple