1,277 results
All reviews dolphin encounter shark dive snack shop boat captain horseback riding fish superior room dolphin camp snorkel package soup or salad dive shop fiesta night main island cactus juice medical clinic night dive great diving
Reviewed 12 July 2012

This trip was a last minute thing, booked 10 days before we left. The booking process was easy and we received our travel package within a few days of booking. Vivian in the booking office was very helpful and accommodating. When we arrived in Roatan there were people from the resort on hand who had our luggage before we could get it off the carousel. They are there watching for the Yellow Tags they send in your booking pkg.They speed your luggage through customs and escort you to the air conditioned bus for the 15 min. ride to the resort. Upon arrival you go to check in and your luggage is taken care of, when you get to your room it's there waiting for you. The dive operation is very efficient and well run. The boats are in excellent repair and the staff is professional and courteous. There is a Divemaster on every boat and they are in the water while you dive. If you are an underwater photographer requesting Marvin as your Divemaster will bring you many opportunities for unbelievable macro shots. He has eagle eyes and finds things for you like crazy. This is place is all about diving. For the hardcore they have simple Screened cabanas with shutters. They also have air-conditioned cabins. All cleaned daily and well maintained. The food was excellent with made to order breakfast and 2 entree selections at lunch and dinner. Food included, alcohol is not but a beer will run you $2.50. Oh and if you like frozen drinks try the Monkey Lala. Timmy and Shirley at the bar serve up a great variety. If you are into going off the resort to do tours and the like, Roatan is not for you, there isn't really a lot to do off the resort except the canopy zip line which is worth it. The one thing that I found disappointing was the dolphin dive which I would have hoped would have been a bit more interactive but I did get some great pictures. All in all a great dive vacation with easy no current diving with a reef which is in very good shape compared to other caribbean locals such as the Bahamas. They are killing Lion fish here so the biomass of endemic species in huge here. Lots of fish!! We have no problem recommending AKR. We are planning a return with a large group for next spring right now.

Room Tip: If you want a room that gives an Ocean view of sunrise and Sunset. Cabin 30 on the key is the room for you.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Dendar
Reviewed 11 July 2012

FABULOUS! anything you want is here: eating great food, relaxing on beach, good snorkeling, holding baby monkeys, dipping in the pool, or..... SWIMMING WITH SHARKS WHILE THEY FEED! our family of 6 had a really amazing time and we'll talk about this day for the rest of our lives. Our group of 8 swam with sharks, sea lions and turtles with a super helping friendly patient guide (I can't remember her name but she is amazing). the facility is clean, not jammed with tourists, not over priced; really a perfect day for anyone and everyone in your family. Good for all ages. a must do if you get to Honduras!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank SPT30024
Reviewed 10 July 2012

They were so helpful. I felt safe with them diving.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank LuvMekiko
Reviewed 8 July 2012

My wife and I visited in April 2012. we are avid divers visiting a different Carribean local each year. aKR was a terrific value! the air conditioned bungalows on the key were clean & comfortable. yes, we had one small lizard in the room, but this is not NYC! Everything worked like clockwork from the airport greeting to check in and out. Rightfully expect to tip the baggage handlers-they deserve it getting the bags to your door! DEET is a big MUST- no secret there. decent three meals a day and good bar with happy hours. Coffee is available 24/7, but I was glad I brought my own.
The dolphin experience is worth the price. The operators are a bit bureaucratic but it is fun. Sign up early.
The dive operation is very well run. resort divers are kept separate from cruise ship folks. we had the same boat, captain & dive master every day. it's fair to offer them tips. Dive sites are close by and decent diving. they run a safe, professional dive operation.
AKR has its own photo shop- they are good & very helpful. there is a nice gift shop with coffee, T-shirts, dive gear, etc.
While there are no TVs or phones or room service, it's a great place. we plan to return.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Valaw
Reviewed 2 July 2012

My husband and I booked beginning scuba through our cruise ship. From the port we were driven to Anthony's Key Resort, had a lesson then practiced in the shallow water. We then went on a short boat ride to the dive spot. They took us down to a sandy area to practice our bouyancy. I had a little trouble getting my right ear to pop but it finally did and it took me a couple tries to be able to get the water out of my mask. I was nervous about scuba diving since I had never been before but the people there were very very helpful and made me feel safe and secure. My husband ran out of air about halfway through and had to be taken up to the boat. The instructor made sure I knew what was going on before he took him up. What we saw of the resort was beautiful and we are talking about going again...this time flying directly there.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple