Mayoka Lodge
Villagio Verde(West End)
Lands End(West End)
Cocolobo(West End)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsinfinity poolroyal suitelocal cell phoneboutique hotelwest endevery morninggreat view of the oceanwonderful hostsbeach accessoctopusgreat friendsstayed here for a weeksnorkeling equipmentpurified watercaribbean seaisland tourfeel like family
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 June 2017

5 star experience! Staff is very welcoming, friendly, professional and everyone goes out of their way to make your stay a special one. This charming boutique hotel is just beautiful with a real lush tropical feel including infinity pool, pier and coral reef just off the beach for daily snorkeling. Besides the snorkeling equipment, we also took advantage of the kayaking and tennis that were available at the hotel. The food was delicious and so beautifully prepared. (Loved the big glowing multi-color ball in the pool with accompanying table fixtures in the evenings!) Tommie, Kyle, Kim, Demmi, Angel, Isabel, housekeeping/restaurant staff (sorry, can't remember everyone's name) were so sweet, accommodating and made us feel like family. My spouse became sick from a meal prepared elsewhere and Isabel (chef) made a special concoction that worked, allowing us to continue our vacation with only a hiccup. We so enjoyed the almost nightly music from talented Tommie in the bar area, it really made our time special during and after the evening meals. (When I hear a Dan Fogelberg song or "Hey Maria" I will forever think about our delightful times at Mayoka and Roatan!) Only were able to stay 1 wk, but wished we could have stayed much longer!!! For a peaceful, tranquil, paradise-like experience away from the cruise crowds, Mayoka Hotel is it!!!!

Room Tip: Royal suite was great for a couple. Personal balcony, large bathroom/bedroom on beach side. Had personal filtered water unit !
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
MayokaLodge, Guest Relations Manager at Mayoka Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2017

Thank you for your generous review and for staying with us...the pleasure was equally ours.I enjoyed meeting and speaking with you and felt you mapped out fun adventures and relayed fun experiences to me.Also...thank you for mentioning my singing and playing...I enjoy performing and especially feel good when it is appreciated.I am proud of Mayoka and our staff and it is always such a pleasure when guests are as lovely as you.I am wishing you well and am grateful to have met you...please feel welcome to come stay or visit us again if you find yourself here on the magical island of Roatan in the future.

Reviewed 10 June 2017

This stunning boutique hotel also has a full service restaurant and bar that is open to the public. On most Wednesday and Saturday they have live music during the sunset hours. I recommend following them on Facebook regarding which nights they have live music or to contact Barb and John ( the managers) directly regarding their schedule. Wednesday we had a large group of 10 who going us at Mayoka ( a mix of expats living on the island a guest visiting) a great time was had by all. Wednesday features included Martini Night which is a nice change from the typical island style drinks served on Roatan. Wasn't my first visit and it won't be my last. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you for such a great review concerning our restaurant and bar and recognizing our live music nights on Wednesdays and Saturdays...it is indeed fun and delicious.We love having guests and visitors come by and enjoy our beautiful setting and inviting staff for enjoyable evenings filled with refreshing drinks...delectable meals and easy going acoustic music. Please come see us again soon and thank you again for recognizing our efforts to be an entertaining and inviting Restaurant and bar to the residents and visitors of Roatan...we are proud to be a part of this magical island.

Reviewed 5 June 2017

I just stayed here for a week with my wife and 21 year old son. We stayed in the Picaya suite which was great since it had a separate living area for my son with is own a/c and tv. The staff is what makes up this great place. The place is very private and well kept. The grounds are lush and manicured. There are kayaks and a dock for use by the guests. Tommy was an amazing host. His friendly personality and caring of the guests really makes your stay great. We were greeted every morning by everyone. They make you a very good breakfast and you feel good staying there. The restaurant and bar staff, Kim, Kyle and Demmy are also great . You feel like family. The Restaurant makes very good food and the drinks are amazing.in the relaxing atmosphere. The grounds staff are just as caring and friendly towards the guests. It is a Beautiful, clean, quiet, relaxing and safe place to be. The staff will help you with transportation and help you arrange just about anything. They helped us with an Island tour, Private boat tour to pigeon key, in room massage, scuba diving, and especially their trusted driver who will take you just about anywhere. I originally was going to book with expedia then decided to book straight with Mayoka. It is a bit more expensive, but you can select what suite you would like to stay in and they also send a driver to pick you up and drop you off at the airport. These little things do make a difference. I am Glad That I spent a week here. You can get to West End or West bay in a few minutes by taxi. I chose staying in a very nice and quite location without the chaos of the crowds of cruise ship visitors that overtake west bay and the masses of vendors trying to sell you something all day log at the beach. I can't imagine staying at one of those beach locations and being surrounded by the large numbers of visitors. I'll take a beautiful, tranquil location anyday. Great Job Mayoka

Room Tip: The Picaya is very nice very close to the sand and water
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the glowing review and for staying with us at Mayoka...the pleasure was equally ours.I enjoyed meeting and speaking with you...I feel I witnessed you and your family unwind...have fun and make great use of your time with many different adventures.I also enjoyed our commonality of living in Southern California...there is beauty and intrigue there as well.I hope all is well with you and your wonderful family and please feel welcome to come and stay or visit us here if you find yourself on this magical island in the future.And...on a personal note...I keep my Sheriffs Batch in my tip jar when I play out for all to see and know...I am a proud Los Angeles county resident as you are as well.

Reviewed 19 April 2017

We stayed for a week with our 2 teenagers and loved the location and Sandy Bay, the breakfast, the pool and the people running the place. It was all we could have hoped for and one of our best trips ever. Tomi was a great host and we tried to go to places where is was playing in the evenings.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your good review and for staying with us at Mayoka...it was a pleasure to meet you and your family and to be a part of your visit to the magical island of Roatan.Also...thank you for mentioning me and my singing and playing guitar...I enjoyed seeing you at my gigs and being given the opportunity to entertain you.You are a great family and we all enjoyed your company and having you share time with us in this beautiful island setting. I hope all is well and please feel welcome to come and stay or visit us if your travels bring you back to Roatan.

Reviewed 19 April 2017

My girlfriend and I stayed for 8 nights. This property is absolutely amazing. I will try my best to describe our experience, but my words will definitely not do this place justice. It is a must stay when on Roatan. If you are looking for a luxurious, unique Caribbean getaway, this is the place. We stayed in the Seagrape Bungalow, which is on the water. The main resort area is perched above the jungle canopy affording an awesome view of the Caribbean Sea. Getting to our bungalow and the beach was awesome. You start with these phenomenal views from the bar, pool and restaurant area and walk along these elevated platforms down to the beach.The room was good size with a/c and a large well appointed bathroom.
Getting from the airport to the resort was first class. We were met by our driver, Alex, who contracts with the Mayoka.
When we arrived at the hotel, we were immediately greeted by Tommy. He explained a number of things to us, gave us a cocktail and showed us to our room. The perfect introduction to the Mayoka. Not too overwhelming. Not too brief. Perfect.
He also gave us a cell phone with the contacts of the hotel staff and the driver. This being our first time on the island, it was extremely comforting to know that Alex would guide us in the right direction. What a great idea.
The entire staff were spectacular. The bartenders/waiter staff, Kim, Dimmy and Kyle were fun, professional and engaging. The bar was so welcoming and beautiful. You have to love how fresh the ingredients are when making the cocktails. Using local fruits and herbs made quite a difference.
The food in the restaurant was phenomenal. Local recipes from the chefs handed down over generations were great.
The warm and welcoming John and Barbara, the hotel owners, are constantly around and eager to share some of their favorite local spots. They did not steer us wrong. We had some of the best food and experiences we could ever imagine.
Not only did we make so many lasting memories on this trip, we made some great friends with the staff and ownership. This place is paradise.
The beauty of the hotel speaks for itself. What you will find as an extra bonus is the warm hospitality of the staff that make you feel like family.
We can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: You cannot go wrong with any room. There are 7 bungalows / rooms. Each unique. If you want to be on the water, Seagrape would be your choice
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank James O

Thank you for your shining review and generous words in describing your stay with us.I instantly remembered you and smiled as I read that you had enjoyed yourself...we all enjoyed meeting and getting to know you both...a true recipical flow.I hope all is well in your lives and please feel welcome to come stay with us again if you venture back to the magical island of Roatan...it would be our pleasure to serve you and enjoy your positive energy and beautiful company.