“The absolute best”

Mayoka Boutique Hotel
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Sandy Bay
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 5 June 2017

I just stayed here for a week with my wife and 21 year old son. We stayed in the Picaya suite which was great since it had a separate living area for my son with is own a/c and tv. The staff is what makes up this great place. The place is very private and well kept. The grounds are lush and manicured. There are kayaks and a dock for use by the guests. Tommy was an amazing host. His friendly personality and caring of the guests really makes your stay great. We were greeted every morning by everyone. They make you a very good breakfast and you feel good staying there. The restaurant and bar staff, Kim, Kyle and Demmy are also great . You feel like family. The Restaurant makes very good food and the drinks are amazing.in the relaxing atmosphere. The grounds staff are just as caring and friendly towards the guests. It is a Beautiful, clean, quiet, relaxing and safe place to be. The staff will help you with transportation and help you arrange just about anything. They helped us with an Island tour, Private boat tour to pigeon key, in room massage, scuba diving, and especially their trusted driver who will take you just about anywhere. I originally was going to book with expedia then decided to book straight with Mayoka. It is a bit more expensive, but you can select what suite you would like to stay in and they also send a driver to pick you up and drop you off at the airport. These little things do make a difference. I am Glad That I spent a week here. You can get to West End or West bay in a few minutes by taxi. I chose staying in a very nice and quite location without the chaos of the crowds of cruise ship visitors that overtake west bay and the masses of vendors trying to sell you something all day log at the beach. I can't imagine staying at one of those beach locations and being surrounded by the large numbers of visitors. I'll take a beautiful, tranquil location anyday. Great Job Mayoka

Room Tip: The Picaya is very nice very close to the sand and water
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
MayokaLodge, Guest Relations Manager at Mayoka Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2017

Thank you for the glowing review and for staying with us at Mayoka...the pleasure was equally ours.I enjoyed meeting and speaking with you...I feel I witnessed you and your family unwind...have fun and make great use of your time with many different adventures.I also enjoyed our commonality of living in Southern California...there is beauty and intrigue there as well.I hope all is well with you and your wonderful family and please feel welcome to come and stay or visit us here if you find yourself on this magical island in the future.And...on a personal note...I keep my Sheriffs Batch in my tip jar when I play out for all to see and know...I am a proud Los Angeles county resident as you are as well.

Reviewed 19 April 2017

We stayed for a week with our 2 teenagers and loved the location and Sandy Bay, the breakfast, the pool and the people running the place. It was all we could have hoped for and one of our best trips ever. Tomi was a great host and we tried to go to places where is was playing in the evenings.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your good review and for staying with us at Mayoka...it was a pleasure to meet you and your family and to be a part of your visit to the magical island of Roatan.Also...thank you for mentioning me and my singing and playing guitar...I enjoyed seeing you at my gigs and being given the opportunity to entertain you.You are a great family and we all enjoyed your company and having you share time with us in this beautiful island setting. I hope all is well and please feel welcome to come and stay or visit us if your travels bring you back to Roatan.

Reviewed 19 April 2017

My girlfriend and I stayed for 8 nights. This property is absolutely amazing. I will try my best to describe our experience, but my words will definitely not do this place justice. It is a must stay when on Roatan. If you are looking for a luxurious, unique Caribbean getaway, this is the place. We stayed in the Seagrape Bungalow, which is on the water. The main resort area is perched above the jungle canopy affording an awesome view of the Caribbean Sea. Getting to our bungalow and the beach was awesome. You start with these phenomenal views from the bar, pool and restaurant area and walk along these elevated platforms down to the beach.The room was good size with a/c and a large well appointed bathroom.
Getting from the airport to the resort was first class. We were met by our driver, Alex, who contracts with the Mayoka.
When we arrived at the hotel, we were immediately greeted by Tommy. He explained a number of things to us, gave us a cocktail and showed us to our room. The perfect introduction to the Mayoka. Not too overwhelming. Not too brief. Perfect.
He also gave us a cell phone with the contacts of the hotel staff and the driver. This being our first time on the island, it was extremely comforting to know that Alex would guide us in the right direction. What a great idea.
The entire staff were spectacular. The bartenders/waiter staff, Kim, Dimmy and Kyle were fun, professional and engaging. The bar was so welcoming and beautiful. You have to love how fresh the ingredients are when making the cocktails. Using local fruits and herbs made quite a difference.
The food in the restaurant was phenomenal. Local recipes from the chefs handed down over generations were great.
The warm and welcoming John and Barbara, the hotel owners, are constantly around and eager to share some of their favorite local spots. They did not steer us wrong. We had some of the best food and experiences we could ever imagine.
Not only did we make so many lasting memories on this trip, we made some great friends with the staff and ownership. This place is paradise.
The beauty of the hotel speaks for itself. What you will find as an extra bonus is the warm hospitality of the staff that make you feel like family.
We can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: You cannot go wrong with any room. There are 7 bungalows / rooms. Each unique. If you want to be on...
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank James O

Thank you for your shining review and generous words in describing your stay with us.I instantly remembered you and smiled as I read that you had enjoyed yourself...we all enjoyed meeting and getting to know you both...a true recipical flow.I hope all is well in your lives and please feel welcome to come stay with us again if you venture back to the magical island of Roatan...it would be our pleasure to serve you and enjoy your positive energy and beautiful company.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

I can't say enough good things about our stay this weekend at the Mayoka. My husband and I travel all over the world, and I can honestly say this was one of our most enjoyable accommodations to date. Our room and grounds were very clean and well kept. Hotel staff were beyond friendly and accommodating, and the food and drinks were fabulous! If you are looking for a quiet, restful retreat, right on the beach look no further than Mayoka. A big thank you to Alex, Kyle and Angel for going above and making our trip so awesome!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your generous and positive review of Mayoka and your stay with us.We take pride in caring for the guests and Angel and the entire staff care for Mayoka with love.I hope all is well with you and your endeavors and we thank you for your kind words and excellent review.Please come visit or stay with us again if your travels bring you back to Roatan...the pleasure will be ours.

Reviewed 16 April 2017

I was already excited after reading the reviews and nonetheless Mayoka EXCEEDED my expectations! From the time we arrived and met everyone to lunch, to meeting are favorite bartenders Kim and Demmy, to meeting John and Barbara and being able to listen to the great sounds of Tom on his guitar! Having access to the kayaks and snorkel masks and fins, the pier...just everything was amazing! Breakfast, lunch and dinner were ALL exceptional and the staff in the kitchen were so very kind! We were given excellent direction on what to do and where to go and were actually able to hang with some of the staff and enjoy a fun-filled day on the island with ex-pats and local islanders. The energy here at Mayoka is so very relaxing, like you're at a friend's place with everything provided and taken care of. We cannot thank you enough John and Barbara....such a great place and wonderful atmosphere!

Room Tip: Mayoka suite is the ABSOLUTELY AMAZING, with a view that is breathtaking!
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your uplifting and kind review of Mayoka and our staff...we enjoyed your stay and having the opportunity to be a part of your visit to Roatan.I am very proud of our staff and the beautiful setting Mayoka has to offer...having great guests like you makes it all flow together to form a beautiful experience. I hope all is well for you both and we thank you and invite you to come stay with us again if and when you visit the magical island of Roatan in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandy Bay
Cocolobo
#3 of 9 in West End
5.9 km away
Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort

Been to Mayoka Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!