See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 January 2013

We were tight on schadule and couldnt put early reservation, we reached cape cost afternoon and we kept looking in local trip guide most of places were already full,
we were passing by Almond tree guest house, and dropped down from the taxi to ask for place, and we found places, we toke 2 rooms!
price was really good, the place is kinda dark, but we liked the hibbie and african decores, photos and articles on the wall, also break fast was great! we stayed only one night.

it is problem is that it is far from the city, so you need a cap, and in night mostly you wont find any if you dont have already phone number of taxi drivers you may stay for late!

Room Tip: rooms are named after famous characters as bob marley, rooms on 2nd floor are better; they can sea the ocean,
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 January 2013

Made reservations based on Trip Advisor reviews after not being able to get reservations at places recommended by friends. Wondered a little why I could get a room there and not other places but that all disappeared when we walked in. It truly is a little oasis in the heart of Key West. While close to Duvall St it is very quiet. The pool area also serves as the location for breakfast and a free happy hour. The rooms were great and not at all outdated as stated in one review. There was a separate sitting area and an incredible bed. We could walk to everything yet it did have free parking. I'd return and recommend it highly.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2012

...but then, we had a hard time finding good value for money in Ghana -- not sure why.

The owners (transplanted Jamaicans) are friendly, and the hallways are decorated with fascinating artifacts and articles about the African diaspora. But the room was unimpressive and dimly lit, no hot water or TV reception, the breakfast uninspired, the location disappointing (far from town and barely within view of the beach) and the service so-so. When we asked for blankets we were told, "What do you need blankets for? Just turn off the air conditioning if you're cold." (Fair enough, but whatever happened to "the customer is always right"?) As for the supposedly famous Caribbean cuisine: the restaurant was not serving at 7 p.m. and the desk clerk sent us stumbling along the dark highway to what was basically a rest stop at a petrol station with surly service and only fried rice on the menu (a surreal experience).

I wish I could like the place better, because the owners are nice and the concept is interesting, but it badly needs a makeover and better trained staff.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 October 2012

Coming to Ghana for the 1st time was an experience in itself but the creature comforts made us feel like we were at home. Myself and my family visited this guest house for 5 days as we did not want to stay with family (my husband is Ghanaian and I am Jamaican) last month. This guest house is inviting and has a very homely feel to it, all the staff were very welcoming, helpful and extremely attentive - nothing ever seemed too much for them (even when my husband asked the receptionist where the nearest place to get telephone credits was, one of the staff offered to get this for him and did so - I was astonished when he told me but this is so typical of Ghanaians - they always want to help!). The guest house was clean at all times, food delicious (and a choice of Jamaican food - what more can I ask!) and very reasonably priced! So, yes, I definitely would recommend this place to anyone - the manageress and proprietors were also very friendly and accommodating, l can't wait to return! See you soon Ghana!

Room Tip: There are 3 rooms with A/C upstairs - VERY spacious!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2012

What attracted us to this place with the menu of Caribbean and African cuisine. We had planned to stay for just a few nights but ended up there for almost a week.

Such a pleasure to be there, the staff were great and the management made us feel like this was home.

It was such a lucky find and the highlight of our trip to Ghana.

I found the pricing very reasonable and the location was great.

Cant wait to go back.